[Youtube] JoergSpave: Youtube: The Clock is Ticking - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Youtube] JoergSpave: Youtube: The Clock is Ticking

post #11 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-27-2019, 02:23 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 474 (Unique: 320)
Quote: Originally Posted by Darren9 View Post
I did watch the video before making a comment on it thank-you very much and they are a steel workers union - "We bring one hundred and twenty five years experience", that's one hundred and twenty five years experience as a steel workers union with less than five of those years in their recent "crowd worker" projects - Never forget your roots

This IG Metall union was responsible for a bunch of other industries as well in Germany. They were the union for the car industry, electrical industry, machine engineering. You could end up being their responsibility with a white collar job as well like design engineer. I'm not sure about this, but I think you could also end up with them for stuff like doing some office job about logistics, purchasing, sales if it was for a business in one of their industries.

Also, the way things seem to be organized in Germany, unions are like some sort of official and regulated thing. When I tried to look things up, it seemed like there are rules that make stuff happen automatically, and a business and employees are automatically involved with a certain union if part of a certain industry, and the whole industry ends up with that one union.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 05:07 AM
In VB's Basement

Thread Re-opened.

Need help with your account or something forum related ? Please use our Contact Us form

post #13 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 05:48 AM - Thread Starter
Indentified! On the Way!!

Rep: 153 (Unique: 114)
Quote: Originally Posted by ENTERPRISE View Post
Thread Re-opened.
Thanks E! I was unsure as to why it was locked. I find the topic fascinating.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 05:59 AM
Overclocker in training

Rep: 64 (Unique: 50)
Hi,
Politics
People are silly about it

CPU
i9-9940x With Heatkiller IV Pro Plexi-Copper water block
Motherboard
ASUS x299 Rampage VI Apex
GPU
Titan Xp with copper Water Block
RAM
Trident Z 3600C16 4x8gb's b-die default timings 16-16-16-36
Hard Drive
Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500gb M.2/ Samsung 850 Pro 256gb for os and 500gb evo for favorite games plus other wd hdd's for data and backup's
Optical Drive
LG Blu-Ray WH16NS40
Power Supply
evga 1200-P2
Cooling
2-280GTX Black Ice Nemesis rads with D5 pump-res combo and D5 top before and after rads.
Case
corsair 450D with added 2nd floor to house radiator on top
Operating System
Win-7 pro & 10 pro Win-7 Primary os.
Monitor
ASUS VG248QE 24" 144Hz
Keyboard
Logitech G910 Orion spectrum
Mouse
Redragon Perdition
Audio
Built in realtek and Insignia 2.0 soundbar HSB318
CPU
i7-5930k with Heatkiller IV Pro Plexi-Copper and koolance vrm water blocks
Motherboard
X99 Sabertooth
GPU
EVGA 1080ti FTW3 with Water block
RAM
Trident-Z 3200C14 4x8gb's b-die default timings 14-14-14-34
Hard Drive
Samsung 970 Evo 500gb M.2/ Samsung 850 Pro 256gb for os and 500gb evo for favorite games plus other wd hdd's for data and backup's
Power Supply
EVGA 1000-P2
Cooling
2-240 GTX Black Ice Nemesis rads/ D5 pump-res combo and D5 top before and after rads.
Case
Corsair 450D with added 2nd floor to house radiator on top
Operating System
Win-7 and 10 pro Win-7 Primary os.
Monitor
AOC G2460PG 24"G-Sync 144Hz
Mouse
Red Dragon Perdition
Audio
Built in realtek and Insignia 2.0 soundbar HSB318
Hard Drive
eLeaf MELO-3 4ml
Power Supply
SE US18650VTC6 3120mAh 30A 3.6V 18650 Li-ion Battery - GREENx4
Case
ANGIS Legion MOD 200w Geek Vape
Operating System
VapeWild RazzleBerry 50-50-0mg nic
▲ hide details ▲
post #15 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 08:27 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 474 (Unique: 320)
There was an update video two days ago:

post #16 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 08:44 AM
Overclocker

Rep: 337 (Unique: 240)
One one side sure they have reasons to be pissed at the service provided on the other hand no one is forcing them to use those services. YouTubers love to call it a job because they have made it that for themselves but they are not YouTube's employees. Sure YouTube profits from people creating new content although aren't they still running in negative profit (money wise) for YT? Or so they say. They don't have to use YT, there are plenty other options to upload videos and share them as well as self hosting.

Now as far as those partnered and what not options go with YT, Twitch and what ever... well then that may be a contract etc. of some kind and then sure they have a right to be pissed at their business partner YT. Then don't do business with them if you don't like them, do business with someone else.

There are at least some branches of video production that won't even bother with YT almost at all. It's more of a general dump for videos of low quality. And lately a dump for video reviewers/advertisers but even that has alternatives.
post #17 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 08:58 AM
mfw

Rep: 382 (Unique: 200)
Quote: Originally Posted by JackCY View Post
YouTubers love to call it a job [...]

Now as far as those partnered and what not options go with YT, Twitch and what ever... well then that may be a contract etc. of some kind and then sure they have a right to be pissed at their business partner YT. Then don't do business with them if you don't like them, do business with someone else.
You seem to regard youtubers with some contempt.

Now, as for the issue in your argument, the problem is that some people have been led to believe they had a proper career path in entertainment afforded to them by Youtube. Now, as with any successful enterprise, you usually have to go all in to make it grow from nothing, and that requires time and dedication, the investment of the former of which precludes another job. The usual dismissal is "then don't rely on Youtube for your survival", etc, but that's not really a choice if you ever want to make something decent of it.

Whether or not Youtube is in the black is not relevant to how they should treat their partners, which, in the end, are what grew the platform and made them money. If Google doesn't give content creators a fighting chance, soon we'll be left with nothing but beauty gurus and corporate mouth pieces, and the owners of the channels you and I like to watch will eventually go back to their jobs if they have the chance.

CPU
Intel 6700K
Motherboard
Asus Z170i
GPU
MSI 2080 Sea Hawk X
RAM
G.skill Trident Z 3200CL14 8+8
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
Hard Drive
Crucial M4 256GB
Power Supply
Corsair SF600
Cooling
Noctua NH C14S
Case
Fractal Design Core 500
Operating System
Windows 10 Education
Monitor
ViewSonic XG2703-GS
Keyboard
Ducky One 2 Mini
Mouse
Glorious Odin
Mousepad
Asus Scabbard
Audio
Fiio E17K v1.0 + Beyerdynamic DT 1990 PRO (B pads)
▲ hide details ▲
post #18 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 09:34 AM
professional curmudgeon

Rep: 791 (Unique: 451)
Quote: Originally Posted by ToTheSun! View Post
You seem to regard youtubers with some contempt.
who doesn't?

even youtubers have contempt for other youtubers.

Remember the golden rule of statistics: A personal sample size of one is a sufficient basis upon which to draw universal conclusions.
Upload the computer to Dropbox and provide a link to it so others may download it to examine and give advice for repairs.
loon 3.2
(18 items)
CPU
i7-3770K
Motherboard
Asus P8Z77-V Pro
GPU
EVGA 980TI SC+
RAM
16Gb PNY ddr3 1866
Hard Drive
PNY 1311 240Gb
Hard Drive
1 TB Seagate
Hard Drive
3 TB WD Blue
Optical Drive
DVD DVDRW+/-
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
Cooling
EKWB P280 kit
Cooling
EK-VGA supremacy
Case
Stryker M [hammered and drilled]
Operating System
Win X
Monitor
LG 24MC57HQ-P
Keyboard
Ducky Zero [blues]
Mouse
corsair M65
Audio
SB Recon3D
Audio
Klipsch ProMedia 2.1
▲ hide details ▲

post #19 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 09:56 AM - Thread Starter
Indentified! On the Way!!

Rep: 153 (Unique: 114)
I find this topic so fascinating. It really is new legal ground. It reminds of the court fights had in Washington State about signature gathering for petitions.

I knows it's not a 1:1 example, but I think some of the core concepts are similar.

Some stores in Washington State banned all forms of political activity on their properties. They didn't want to allow people to gather signatures for Initiatives, petitions, etc. One store would only allow the Salvation Army and Boy/Girl Scouts.

Courts ruled that stores could not do this. That depending on the structure of the location (ie parking lot, square, etc) even though privately owned, they are by and large, public areas where people gather for a variety of purposes and that their 1st Amendment Rights could not be violated. Malls were especially hit hard by this. Some courts said you couldn't "pick and chose" who gets to do what in a "public area" as long as the activity is legal.

examples:

In 1979 the California Supreme Court said that the free speech provisions of the California constitution — which are more expansive than those of the federal constitution — protect “reasonably exercised” speech and petitioning activities in privately owned shopping centers. Robins v. Pruneyard Shopping Center, 23 Cal. 3d 899, 910 (1979).

Reversal:

Subsequent decisions considering petitioning and related free speech rights at stand-alone retail establishments followed this reasoning and allowed the property owners to significantly restrict speech activities. See Costco Companies, Inc. v. Gallant, 96 Cal. App. 4th 740 (2002); Albertson’s, Inc. v. Young, 107 Cal. App. 4th 106 (2003); Van v. Target Corp., 155 Cal. App. 4th 1375 (2007).

What constitues a "public forum":

In order for a particular location to be considered a “quasi-public forum” where one has the right to solicit signatures, “it must be shown that the particular location is impressed with the character of a traditional public forum for purposes of free speech.” Id, Albertson’s, Inc. v. Young, 107 Cal. App. 4th 106, 122 (2003).

Again, I know it's not 1:1, but there is some precedent for this already. If youtube is deemed to be a public forum, then they have a serious problem on their hands, even in the US.

I think of YouTube as a global, digital public square where thoughts, ideas, etc are exchanged. If the courts see it in a similar way, there could be similar consequences for Google.
post #20 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 10:21 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 544 (Unique: 309)
that's what youtube WAS, which makes me believe it was part of the purchase decision process. Specially now a days, don't they still claim to make no money? Then why do you want to hold onto this giant ball of thought?

R.I.P. Zawarudo, may you OC angels' wings in heaven.
If something appears too good to be true, it probably is.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in