[Youtube] JoergSpave: Youtube: The Clock is Ticking - Page 4 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Youtube] JoergSpave: Youtube: The Clock is Ticking

post #31 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 06:25 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 8 (Unique: 8)
Quote: Originally Posted by JackCY View Post

There are at least some branches of video production that won't even bother with YT almost at all. It's more of a general dump for videos of low quality. And lately a dump for video reviewers/advertisers but even that has alternatives.
What do you consider low quality, resolution or content? I consider some of the channels I watch pretty good with content, for example EEVBLOG.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-22-2019, 07:03 PM
4kfan

Rep: 164 (Unique: 143)
Germanys metal workers have a better chance of getting the Bismark and Tirpitz and repair them both have them sail worthy than to change anything on youtube...

post #33 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-23-2019, 12:28 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 7 (Unique: 6)
After reading about the Jennelle Eliana story, Youtube has really gone down with how it promotes who they want and bends over true legit content creators for whatever reason. I don't see Youtube in the same light anymore. Also how creators are walking on eggshells and censoring themselves so they don't get deranked is absurd. Can't speak about how you feel on sensitive issues even when you are just giving an honest opinion and not promoting hate or violence is just sad. The magic has left and isn't coming back. Time to move on

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-23-2019, 02:51 PM
Overclocker

Rep: 338 (Unique: 240)
Quote: Originally Posted by delerious View Post
What do you consider low quality, resolution or content? I consider some of the channels I watch pretty good with content, for example EEVBLOG.
Content.

Although video quality can be abysmal on YT as well as their compression is pathetic to be honest. High bitrate low quality, you gotta upload 1440p+ to even get away from their beyond awful 1080p encoder. Even with 4k upload the bitrate and quality is bad for any dynamic scenes, where as same bitrate on a local AVC or HEVC or VP9 file would look pristine. For some use cases (static shots, low movement, low noise) yes the 4k and 8k and possibly HDR upload options are OK when they work. You can watch EposVox talking about "OMG you gotta use 720p30 for Twitch for best quality" etc. kind of "nonsense" not realizing that hey you can easily stream to YouTube instead at 4k60 no problem as long as you have a half decent GPU with HW encoder, but people just gotta have their Twitch for streaming and get stuck with poor visual quality.

EEVBLOG, used to be better, but that's pretty normal for anything that lasts long, quality varies especially when quantity of uploads is high.

If you look beyond YT's recommendations of most popular channels, you will see how poor the quality of content there is on YT. It really is a dump.

Content creators should upload to multiple platforms, not rely on one platform and it's incentives from ads, instead have their own ads or other sources when necessary. Lots of channels have in video ads and stores to buy stuff.

What will YT reply to the demands? Who knows, if they even reply at all. Still remains to be seen. If they really want, they can simply black list that whole topic out of YT and Google, good luck finding anything about it then.
post #35 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-24-2019, 02:29 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 8 (Unique: 8)
Quote: Originally Posted by JackCY View Post
Content.

Although video quality can be abysmal on YT as well as their compression is pathetic to be honest. High bitrate low quality, you gotta upload 1440p+ to even get away from their beyond awful 1080p encoder. Even with 4k upload the bitrate and quality is bad for any dynamic scenes, where as same bitrate on a local AVC or HEVC or VP9 file would look pristine. For some use cases (static shots, low movement, low noise) yes the 4k and 8k and possibly HDR upload options are OK when they work. You can watch EposVox talking about "OMG you gotta use 720p30 for Twitch for best quality" etc. kind of "nonsense" not realizing that hey you can easily stream to YouTube instead at 4k60 no problem as long as you have a half decent GPU with HW encoder, but people just gotta have their Twitch for streaming and get stuck with poor visual quality.

EEVBLOG, used to be better, but that's pretty normal for anything that lasts long, quality varies especially when quantity of uploads is high.

If you look beyond YT's recommendations of most popular channels, you will see how poor the quality of content there is on YT. It really is a dump.

Content creators should upload to multiple platforms, not rely on one platform and it's incentives from ads, instead have their own ads or other sources when necessary. Lots of channels have in video ads and stores to buy stuff.

What will YT reply to the demands? Who knows, if they even reply at all. Still remains to be seen. If they really want, they can simply black list that whole topic out of YT and Google, good luck finding anything about it then.
I don't mind some of the in video ads if they're short, especially compared to cutting from the video at the worst time (multiple times in some cases) for the external. I rarely use the recommended videos any more. I hate not getting notifications any more and I didn't like when they switched from showing videos from subscriptions in a chronological order (on main page). What platforms other than twitch have you used - I don't do facebook?

post #36 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 06:40 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 544 (Unique: 309)
lets move back to liveleak!

R.I.P. Zawarudo, may you OC angels' wings in heaven.
If something appears too good to be true, it probably is.
post #37 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 10:55 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 36 (Unique: 30)
[FairTube Campaign] Google/Youtube Replied

I was wondering what would happen come 23 August, looks like they have an update.
Quote:
Google/YouTube replied formally to our letter. The clock is paused.

23 August 2019

On the last day before our countdown clock ran out, we received a formal written reply from Google Germany. In the letter, they wrote that they have a “a strong interest in the success and satisfaction of YouTube Creators” — and “for this reason, we appreciate the recently expressed interest of the trade unions in supporting YouTube Creators.”
Source:
https://www.fairtube.info/en/clock-paused

post #38 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 11:33 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 7 (Unique: 5)
I thought people went to YouTube to get away from the major networks. "Do no Evil". Yeah when they got rid of that, it was like really. On one hand YouTube is free and a new streaming service could replace them. On the other, I really enjoy YT and I definitely support all the people who create amazing content. I'll have no problem switching. Remember MySpace? Well they sold out to Fox news and MyFox was the death of them. Google is on the verge of being broken up as is. They should be more wary of garnishing discontent.

Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 Blower, Ryzen 2600 4.0 ghz, AIO Cool Mast Seidon 120mm, 3200 ddr3 cl16, B450m Asrock Pro 4 Mobo, 700 Watt PSU.
post #39 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-27-2019, 08:05 AM
Overclocker

Rep: 338 (Unique: 240)
Major networks are on YT. The largest and most popular channels are entertainment companies.

Google should have been along with many big tech corporations prevented to buy out competition long ago to prevent the monopsony ("monopoly"), and since greedy or bribed governments allowed it now all they can do is forcibly break them up so somehow by a wave of a magic wand the different parts of Google/Alphabet, Facebook, Amazon, ... won't be cooperating anymore and sharing income from profiting divisions into those that lose money in pursuit of killing off competition, ???

What's Google gonna do? Probably stall to drag and quiet down the situation. In the end leaving no other options than law to get any results. Transparency... so they may publish something today, but change it 6 months later again and don't publish changes anymore, and the cycle will repeat sooner or later.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in