[MSN]No oil leaking during test of BP's new cap - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[MSN]No oil leaking during test of BP's new cap

post #11 of 53 (permalink) Old 07-15-2010, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BizzareRide View Post
Its fake guys... They're using GTX 480's in tri-SLi to render computer generated imagery that looks like they put a cap on it. Oil is in fact still gushing out it.
lolz thats ROFLTASTIC!!!

good job BP! it only took you several months and the deaths of wildlife and loss of jobs of hundreds of fishermen and pollution of the gulf!
i applaud you guys! great job!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 53 (permalink) Old 07-15-2010, 02:24 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 25 (Unique: 21)
Can you guys actually not joke around about this stuff? Just one time even?

You all seem so keen on bashing BP and cracking jokes about the oil. Do something constructive with your energy from now on. My concerns with the oil is probably more serious than many of your attitudes suggest about yourselves. I imagine the damage will last decades. The oceans are very important, a lot of fish comes from the ocean to feed people. Add an insane amount of oil to the oceans and I'd be far more worried about the health of sea life than fuel costs going up 10 cents. Which btw, check something called the Alaskan pipeline, check who owns like half the oil coming out of it... yeah... now factor in all the buyers of said oil... I laugh when people say they will boycott all BP fuel, I can only think of like 1 station in my area that doesn't buy from BP.

"Oh noes!" eek.gifeek.gifeek.gif ____________________________________________ sniper.gif "I see all yous!"

post #13 of 53 (permalink) Old 07-15-2010, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xzeara View Post

You all seem so keen on bashing BP and cracking jokes about the oil. Do something constructive with your energy from now on. My concerns with the oil is probably more serious than many of your attitudes suggest about yourselves. I imagine the damage will last decades. The oceans are very important, a lot of fish comes from the ocean to feed people. Add an insane amount of oil to the oceans and I'd be far more worried about the health of sea life than fuel costs going up 10 cents. Which btw, check something called the Alaskan pipeline, check who owns like half the oil coming out of it... yeah... now factor in all the buyers of said oil... I laugh when people say they will boycott all BP fuel, I can only think of like 1 station in my area that doesn't buy from BP.
true
most ppl dont care much because it doesnt directly affect them.
who knows where all this oil could go? it has already affected fishing in the gulf!
and if it takes out the gulf's wetlands and marshes, that area wont do very well.
those marshes are more important than you think.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 53 (permalink) Old 07-15-2010, 02:43 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 66 (Unique: 64)
Bummer. I was hoping it would still gushing out come November...

jk
post #15 of 53 (permalink) Old 07-15-2010, 02:49 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 11 (Unique: 11)
I just ordered a cup of coffee from a BP gas station. The attendant spilled it. Why am I not surprised?

post #16 of 53 (permalink) Old 07-15-2010, 02:58 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 353 (Unique: 312)
Finally!
We still need to think about reducing our dependence on oil though.

post #17 of 53 (permalink) Old 07-15-2010, 03:07 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 31 (Unique: 29)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xzeara View Post

you mean like, logging off OCN and saving whales?

born in le wrong generation, bohemian rhapsody
post #18 of 53 (permalink) Old 07-15-2010, 03:16 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 25 (Unique: 18)
any ecosystem is important, wherver this oil goes to we are screwed either way.. unless we can come up with a way to massively dispose it... dont take me wrong guys.. when i make jokes in these threads about the Oil i actually do it to hide how much anger and how disappointing it all is to me... this disaster is almost everyones' fault, all this time all we ignored unsafe oil drilling and never thought about the impossibility of oil capping. Unfortunately the way things run today are waiting for disaster to happen and then preventing the next one ... one day it will be too catastrophic to rebuild and prevent... 911, tsunami, world cup refs
post #19 of 53 (permalink) Old 07-15-2010, 03:19 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 29 (Unique: 25)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angmaar View Post
Finally!
We still need to think about reducing our dependence on oil though.
Right.

How would raising taxes help the 'environment'?

Why is increasing taxes the only way to reduce our so-called dependency?

I'm confused.
post #20 of 53 (permalink) Old 07-15-2010, 03:26 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 214 (Unique: 173)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enfluenza View Post
true
most ppl dont care much because it doesnt directly affect them.
who knows where all this oil could go? it has already affected fishing in the gulf!
and if it takes out the gulf's wetlands and marshes, that area wont do very well.
those marshes are more important than you think.
THIS^^^ Iv said it before as well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamtheonlystevo go_quote.gif
meh.. paint damage cause no brain doesn't concentrated hurts my paint I have in the past....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in