4k 60Hz HDR not working on LG B6 OLED - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

4k 60Hz HDR not working on LG B6 OLED

post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-29-2017, 12:29 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Was there a driver change to make hdr not work correctly on this display at 60hz??

I remember when resident evil 7 came out I played it with HDR in 4k60. Now destiny is out and I cannot get it working. The colors get completely distorted using the Nvidia defaults. Or anything other than 8bpc. And HDR does not auto turn on with 8bpc. Anyone able to get this working?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-12-2019, 04:02 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by ChickenInferno View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by ZealotKi11er 

There is nothing else you can do.

Quote: Originally Posted by Cloudforever 

you beat me to it lol.

that's correct. you've done the max you can push out of the HDMI.

So my problem with this has been that it should be theoretically possible to do 4K 60Hz HDR at 422 but not 444....I needed to check my definition of 4k. The LG B6 is 4096x2160, which is not possible to do 60Hz HDR, but 3840 x2160 60Hz HDR is possible. As soon as I lowered the resolution the color banding went away.

Wow this was stupid of me.
I know it is a late reply but I am wondering what you did to make it work 3840X2160 HDR 60Hz on your B6. I have a 65OLEDG6P, the signature model and I can only put out 30HZ no matter what I do. I tried all output colour formats and Output colour depth. Without HDR I run at 60Hz, but when I activate HDR my screen won't show anything.

My HDMI Cable is a 2.0

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in