How to stop nuisance phone calls? - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

How to stop nuisance phone calls?

post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-18-2011, 11:51 AM - Thread Starter
Retired Staff

Rep: 550 (Unique: 398)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-18-2011, 12:00 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 100 (Unique: 86)
LOL....I have access to several thousand phone lines attached to server that are automated dialers through my office. If I didn't care about my job, I could use them to blow up the telemarketer company's phone switch and bring it down.

I had a guy one that got a hold of my cell phone number. He would call it all the time at about 3-4AM and he was drunk. He would be very perverse. After dealing with it for about a month because I cannot turn my cell phone off because of work, I found out that one of my coworkers used to work for Verizon wireless. He called his old manager and we found out that this guy was also a Verizon subscriber. I got all of his name and address and the next time he called me I recorded the call. I called him by name and told him that if he did it again that I would call the police and file charges against him. He was startled that I now knew his name. I then went on and read off his address....he was like, how did you find that out. I told him not to worry about it but that if I got another call from him I would see him in court. He said that he was sorry and that he had the wrong number......I haven't received another call from him again. LMAO

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in