DVD setup - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

DVD setup

post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 02-28-2018, 07:12 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
DVD setup

Hi,

This is the closest forum I could find to post in - Home audio is for HI-FI systems I suppose but my query is pertaining TV / DVD setup that I need some advice on please, it's quite important.

The setup is quite old - say 2010

DVD player is Panasonic SC-PT470 which was a DVD player with 5 speakers like surround sound in a self contained system. Speakers are on the wall with wires through the house which is handy.

Back of DVD player is SCART, HDMI, Optical and 6 x "rectangular" connectors which are colour coded that feed to the speakers - one of the wires is not connected. There are other connectors but SCART is the one I prefer even though it's dated.

The DVD player has packed in but I may be able to fix this with a "lube" of the spindle as I've found an article online.

Trouble is even if this works eventually the DVD player will not work and I'll need something else.

My connectors look like this in the picture and these lead to the four speakers on the wall (small speakers)

I prefer the SCART connector as the DVD's play through all four speakers (speech) where as the HDMI connector on most DVD's only play speech through the centre speaker.

Eventually I may update the whole system but currently I just need it to work as it has been

New DVD players don't have the scart and the pin connectors you see down below.

There may be some hardware I'm not aware of that will keep me going nicely - Thanks - Any good help appreciated
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	panasonic.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	98033  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in