A sub for around $100 - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

A sub for around $100

post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-29-2010, 12:10 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 31 (Unique: 27)
Unless the room is tiny, I'd def go with a 12" sub.. I have the older model of this JBL in one of my rooms and it rocks (paid $159 on ebay years ago)

http://cgi.ebay.com/JBL-S120PII-12-4...item5ad6b99e66

In my dedicated theater room I run a Bash powered SVSOUND.COM subwoofer, which for the money will DOMINATE anything else you put there. Those subs put out so much quality, low hz bass you can shake the road outside of your house! (My sub puts hits as low as 15hz)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-29-2010, 12:26 PM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 30 (Unique: 28)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidKaos View Post
Unless the room is tiny, I'd def go with a 12" sub.. I have the older model of this JBL in one of my rooms and it rocks (paid $159 on ebay years ago)

http://cgi.ebay.com/JBL-S120PII-12-4...item5ad6b99e66

In my dedicated theater room I run a Bash powered SVSOUND.COM subwoofer, which for the money will DOMINATE anything else you put there. Those subs put out so much quality, low hz bass you can shake the road outside of your house! (My sub puts hits as low as 15hz)
Well if pissing off your neighbors and setting off seismic alarms is the goal, then yes I agree, go with LiquidKaos's recommendation.

post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-29-2010, 12:32 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 544 (Unique: 465)
the polk audio for sure. i heard one of those at my local sub shop and they sound pretty good.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-31-2010, 12:28 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 9 (Unique: 9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg121986 View Post
Check the Polk Audio store on Ebay. I recently bought a refurbished DSW Pro 600 for $390 shipped including tax, which they charged me for some reason. It normally goes for $680. It is absolutely killer. The transaction through the store was top notch.

The sub I bought appeared in brand new condition and works flawlessly. It still has a 2 year warranty as well.

You may be able to find a PSW505 for a little more than your budget refurbished or even brand new. I believe they were recently discontinued so they are being blown out on brand new models.
I bought some floor standing speakers from them, and they did come in perfect condition even tho they are labeled as refurbished.

post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-31-2010, 09:55 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 9 (Unique: 9)
Dam, the thing is sold out, cant find a place to buy one. Any other ideas where i can get one? if i cant get the Dayton SUB, what one should i get?

post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-01-2010, 04:16 AM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 589 (Unique: 377)
Amazon still has the Polk in stock if you decide to take it over a Dayton.

post-flame-small.gifKeep the standards high and the noise low. Do YOU have quality content?post-flame-small.gif

Can't get enough of Overclock.net? Keep up with us on Facebook!

For any time-sensitive issues, or anything pertaining to our business operations, email is a far better way to contact me than PM. Please remember you can contact any staff member via email to their username @overclocked.net.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in