Recommend me gaming headphones - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Recommend me gaming headphones

Closed Thread

post #21 of 65 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalKenny View Post
Agreed, I love my 840's.
I only have one complaint about them. The cord is too heavy and long for portability. I need a new one of those. They are light and amazing and comfortable! And you will never put them on the wrong way!

op - please cancel order nao

you wont regret it

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 65 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 10:44 PM
Old School OCNer

Rep: 169 (Unique: 139)
I don't know why there is so many haters when it comes to real 5.1 headphones. More than 99% of the people who are hating on them, have never tried them. Its night and day, me and my 5.1 headphones. I get called a hacker all the time, I know exactly where the person is I'm about to kill. Its not like for my wife's 2.1 HDJ-2000 headphones. Now watch how many people are going to come out and say they tried them before.

Here are some 5.1 options for your, if you're still in the market.

Razer Barracuda HP-1

ROCCAT Kave

Zalman 5.1 Surround Ultimate Gaming Headphones

The king of 5.1 headphones the Psyko 5.1 Headset

Groups:OCN Headphones Club*OFFICIAL* Parvum Systems Owners Club Peripherals: • Questyle CMA400i • AKG K712 Pro • HiFiMan HE4XX • Southpaw Extended 65% [lubed Tealios V2 switches w/ 55g springs from Catweewee/Switchmod] • Finalmouse Air58 modded
Computer: • Intel Core i9 9900K • Fractal Design Celsius S24 • ASRock Z390 PHANTOM GAMING-ITX • Ballistix Elite 32GB DDR4 3200 32GB (16GB x2) • WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD 1TB • MSI GeForce GTX 1070 w/ NZXT Kraken M22/G12 • EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G+ • Parvum VEER 1.0 ITX
post #23 of 65 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 10:44 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 860 (Unique: 657)
Quote:
Originally Posted by computeruler View Post
I only have one complaint about them. The cord is too heavy and long for portability. I need a new one of those. They are light and amazing and comfortable! And you will never put them on the wrong way!

op - please cancel order nao

you wont regret it
Yeah, I hate the cord too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pings View Post
I don't know why there is so many haters when it comes to real 5.1 headphones. More than 99% of the people who are hating on them, have never tried them. Its night and day, me and my 5.1 headphones. I get called a hacker all the time, I know exactly where the person is I'm about to kill. Its not like for my wife's 2.1 HDJ-2000 headphones. Now watch how many people are going to come out and say they tried them before.

Here are some 5.1 options for your, if you're still in the market.

Razer Barracuda HP-1

ROCCAT Kave

Zalman 5.1 Surround Ultimate Gaming Headphones

The king of 5.1 headphones the Psyko 5.1 Headset
1. You're a little late, the OP already made his order.
2. Read what ChineseKiwi has been posting.
3. Have you tried stereo headphones with foobar2000 and the Dolby Headphone and Channel Mixer extensions?
4. Good for your wife.
5. lolmarketing
6. I look like TwoCables.

Pictures Of Cars/Motorcycles That Make You Smile

♪♫♪♫♪♫

I saw that day, lost my mind
Lord, I'll find, maybe in time
You'll want to be mine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 65 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 10:46 PM

Ya, dsps with stereo headphones will sound over 9000x better. Its indisputable.

Have you tried it Pings?

post #25 of 65 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 10:53 PM
Old School OCNer

You are not getting it, my wife's HDJ-2000 sound better. They really do, yet I have advantage in gaming with my HP-1s. No matter what you say on how good it sounds, I'm better and FPS games with real 5.1 headphones.

Groups:OCN Headphones Club*OFFICIAL* Parvum Systems Owners Club Peripherals: • Questyle CMA400i • AKG K712 Pro • HiFiMan HE4XX • Southpaw Extended 65% [lubed Tealios V2 switches w/ 55g springs from Catweewee/Switchmod] • Finalmouse Air58 modded
Computer: • Intel Core i9 9900K • Fractal Design Celsius S24 • ASRock Z390 PHANTOM GAMING-ITX • Ballistix Elite 32GB DDR4 3200 32GB (16GB x2) • WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD 1TB • MSI GeForce GTX 1070 w/ NZXT Kraken M22/G12 • EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G+ • Parvum VEER 1.0 ITX
post #26 of 65 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 10:58 PM

Did you use the 3d dsp think in your sound card control panel? Using that + my headphones is seriously just like 9.1. I can hear where everything is around me. Maybe those hdj 2000s have a small sound stage? And 2.1 headphones?? I never...

post #27 of 65 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 11:01 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 166 (Unique: 139)
Quote:
Originally Posted by McStuff View Post
Is there any conclusive proof that you do better with 5.1 headphones over stereo headphones? If not, and it's just that "you can feel it," then it's probably all in your head. But hey, it's not my money being wasted on inferior headphones.
I've been into high-end audio for a number of years. I have a pair of AKG K-702s and a pair of Grado SR325i... along with a Head Direct EF-1 tube amp. I also have a Woo Audio WA2 amp. Technically, the specifications are shocking. Very, very impressive... however, this doesn't matter to me. What I care about is how something sounds. Call it "hype" or whatever you'd like.

There's nothing wrong with OP's choice, as it's his own.

Causing unnecessary drama since 2008. Don't think you're special. I'm snippy to everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formula go_quote.gif
Emo Post-It Note: rudest OCN member in history.
post #28 of 65 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Virtual surround sound is a gimmick no thank you, I try it though. And for the troll, no I can hear the difference.

virtual surround sound is a gimmick??
Try getting a good pair of cans with a good sound stage. Then tell me if its a gimmick.

post #29 of 65 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 11:06 PM
Old School OCNer

Quote:
Originally Posted by computeruler View Post

virtual surround sound is a gimmick??
Try getting a good pair of cans with a good sound stage. Then tell me if its a gimmick.
What is funny is you say 5.1 headphone are a gimmick, then you talk about how virtual surround sound is better. This aint no Bose commercial. Talk about effective marketing.

post #30 of 65 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 11:10 PM

Quote:
What is funny is you say 5.1 headphone are a gimmick, then you talk about how virtual surround sound is better. This aint no Bose commercial. Talk about effective marketing.
Bose is terrible. And I really don't understand how that is funny. And where does bose come in anyways? The simple fact is that your 5.1 headphones have a larger sound stage then your wife's headphones.

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in