Need a cheap tv subwoofer - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Need a cheap tv subwoofer

post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-07-2010, 04:02 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 179 (Unique: 154)
What's up guys! I was able to get a nice lcd tv, but the speakers have no bass whatsoever. Can you guys recommend me a cheap subwoofer under 30$. It doesn't have to be loud and quality, I just need a slight boost to add to the overwhelming treble. I also heard that you can use computer speakers/subs with the tv also?

Thanks for the help

Quote:
Originally Posted by el-John-o go_quote.gif
Only on OCN can a topic which is indeed searching for another topic about a wallpaper, include topics such as male "seed", heatsinks, extreme winter cooling (the canada open a window comment), trolling, sarcasm, and the philosophy that is internet text communications.
OCN FINAL FANTASY CLUB!!! OCN Scandinavian Club! I PROMOTE HARD DRIVE SHORT-STROKING
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-07-2010, 04:08 AM
Retired Staff

Rep: 108 (Unique: 89)
i got 3 huge subs here really cheap. i go to second hand stores and if your lucky you might find an old 80's dynacord sub or stage accompany bins. i found 2 15inch 400W rms dynacord subs for 350 euro, but i also found 1 old stage accompany scoop loaded with a JBL 600W rms woofer for 50 euro hooray ! new things like this cost over 3500 euro each !

2nd PC >>> Intel I5-4690K @ 4,6ghz - 16GB 2133mhz - R9 290X
3rd PC >>> FX-6300 @ 4,5ghz - 8GB 1866mhz - GTX960
4th PC >>> Dual Core E5700 - 2GB 800mhz - HD6670
5th PC >>> AMD AM1 5350 - 4GB DDR3 - 3,1TB storage
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-07-2010, 04:31 AM
Retired Staff

Rep: 128 (Unique: 113)
You can use comp speakers you just got to get a 3.5mm to component adapter. For that price you might check craigslist or something. Your just looking for someones old home theater one or something.

Awesome OCN Moments (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by joemaniaci go_quote.gif

...And so it began, the battle for earth between two noble creatures, whos command over the internetz is known throughout the globe, but who, who will conquer the other in their quest for middle earth? Could it be edward? The mightiest of the magicians capables of creating 16 ghz super duper uber machines of pron capabilities, or shall it be videofx, master of pure action in his pants. Only fate will decide and until then the balance of power on middle earth shall be as fragile as the shell of a precious egg.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valicious go_quote.gif

Danny Elfman's old band Oingo Boingo

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-07-2010, 10:30 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsnake2 View Post
You can use comp speakers you just got to get a 3.5mm to component adapter. For that price you might check craigslist or something. Your just looking for someones old home theater one or something.
Yeah I tried using my comp speakers, they fit but won't work. What adapter am I looking for? Is there a possibility you could give me a link because I have no idea. The speakers I tried to use are a 3.5mm plug, not usb, if that helps

Quote:
Only on OCN can a topic which is indeed searching for another topic about a wallpaper, include topics such as male "seed", heatsinks, extreme winter cooling (the canada open a window comment), trolling, sarcasm, and the philosophy that is internet text communications.
OCN FINAL FANTASY CLUB!!! OCN Scandinavian Club! I PROMOTE HARD DRIVE SHORT-STROKING
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-08-2010, 07:15 AM
Retired Staff

http://www.cablesdirect.com/search_r...e/RCA%20Cables

Quote:

...And so it began, the battle for earth between two noble creatures, whos command over the internetz is known throughout the globe, but who, who will conquer the other in their quest for middle earth? Could it be edward? The mightiest of the magicians capables of creating 16 ghz super duper uber machines of pron capabilities, or shall it be videofx, master of pure action in his pants. Only fate will decide and until then the balance of power on middle earth shall be as fragile as the shell of a precious egg.
Quote:

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-08-2010, 08:47 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsnake2 View Post
Thanks man. I sort of love you for informing me that I need that. I mean not really, but I'm grateful. But seriously, I'd totally give you a man hug.

Quote:
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-09-2010, 10:38 AM
Retired Staff

lol, k Those are pretty cheap and you can get em anywhere

Quote:

Quote:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in