Corsair SP2500 2.1 System? - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Corsair SP2500 2.1 System?

post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-22-2011, 01:50 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 57 (Unique: 54)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...air%20speakers

Search doesn't seem to work in this forum, but anyways, I am trying to decide on a good 2.1 system and I was wondering if this unit was worth the money.

Feel free to recommend me a sound card as well, I still need to get one and I'm pretty sure I want to go with the Asus DX 7.1 Pcie.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-22-2011, 04:09 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 315 (Unique: 267)
You can get something else way better for that money. I recommend getting a M-Audio AV40 with a Dayton SUB-120.

Or you can get this.
Polk Monitor 30 Series II
Dayton SUB-120
Lepai TA2020 T-amp
Might be a little over your budget(according to the Cosair you wanted), but you won't be disappointed.

I never heard the Cosair system in person, but according to reviews, it's not that great(like all computer 2.1 systems).
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-22-2011, 04:16 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Yea those M-audios have looked pretty nice. I just question their ability to have deep base without a good subwoofer. There wouldn't be any easy way to add a subwoofer into the mix with it would there?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-22-2011, 04:23 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 460 (Unique: 346)
Ive heard the AV40's, and IMO the low end responce is all you really need, and should expect from any bookshelf sized speaker. But if its booming bass your after, you will have to add in an external sub.

Bestbuy does sell the AV40's, so if u buy from there, you can always return them within 30days with no restocking fee if you really dont like them!

Like cars? Carforum!
How to choose the right fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKsMassive go_quote.gif
what is " folding " ???
Quote:
Originally Posted by ressurrectin go_quote.gif
When you take an old graphics card and effectively 'fold' it in half, in order to remove the chip.This process takes alot of power.

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-22-2011, 05:35 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Well maybe I'll just get the AV40's and if I feel the need for more bass I will buy a subwoofer as well.

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-22-2011, 06:22 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 315 (Unique: 267)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1keith1 View Post
Well maybe I'll just get the AV40's and if I feel the need for more bass I will buy a subwoofer as well.
If you used to have a 2.1 system, you might be disappointed. However, after 1 week, you will get used to it. If you add a decent sub to the system, you will be impressed.

I had my AV40 powered by my receiver (my pair had a dead amp). When I decided to plug my subwoofer with my AV40, I was blow away at how good my cheap system sounds.

AV40 sounds great without a sub; it gives you thump and that tight bass sound, but nothing below ~75Hz (ground shaking boom feeling).

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in