Run regedit (as Administrator).
- Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/System/CurrentControlSet/Services/Msahci
- right-click Start in the Name column, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type 0, and then click OK.
- exit the registry editor.
If your board has another SATA controller there is another method...
-in BIOS set the JMicron or Marvel controller to IDE mode
-power off and switch the OS drive to the other controller (JMicron or Marvel, etc.)
- in BIOS change the original controller to AHCI mode and then boot from the OS drive.
-install the AHCI software or drivers
- power off and move the OS drive back to the original controller