Found Samsung SM951 for sale - Page 18 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Found Samsung SM951 for sale

Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #171 of 486 (permalink) Old 04-17-2015, 10:52 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 12
Rep: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopvelo View Post

Macmall is selling the 512GB NVME SM951 for $403.99 in stock right now thumb.gif Just ordered mine.

http://www.macmall.com/p/Samsung-Portable/Removable-Drives/product~dpno~13485534~pdp.jajhjid

The part number for the MacMall one is "MZHPV512HDGL-00000". If that is correct, then that is the AHCI part number, as the NVMe part number begins with "MZVPV".
zylicyde is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #172 of 486 (permalink) Old 04-17-2015, 11:03 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 12
Rep: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by digix View Post

Got my adapter today (not a Lycom DT-120; it won't be here for another week), but this one is promising decent results. I knew it wouldn't happen, but I was hoping to hit 2,150.


I have the same hd 256 gb with these performance how much space you occupied on samsung sm951? my performances are very similar with hyper x m2 asus separately value the 4k I get slightly lower values
but you asus x99 deluxe?

At the time of tests, I maybe only had 50 gb worth of data on my SSD.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Webster View Post

Quote:
Benchmark with ATTO and see what you get. It may bench faster. wink.gif

zylicyde is offline  
post #173 of 486 (permalink) Old 04-17-2015, 11:16 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
Snoopvelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 11
Rep: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by zylicyde View Post

The part number for the MacMall one is "MZHPV512HDGL-00000". If that is correct, then that is the AHCI part number, as the NVMe part number begins with "MZVPV".

According to the rep at Macmall it is a NVMe model but the model number in the description was a typo. I will know tomorrow for sure if its NVMe or AHCI when it gets delivered.


Don: Hello. My name is Don and my extension is 27104. I’ll be happy to help you. Please give me a second to check on your question.
Ceir Apo: http://www.macmall.com/p/Samsung-Portable/Removable-Drives/product~dpno~13485534~pdp.jajhjid

Is this model really NVME or is it AHCI? I thought MZVPV512HDGL-00000 was NVME
Thank you
Don: Hi Ceir, the model which you will receive is NVME as provided by our distributor.
Snoopvelo is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #174 of 486 (permalink) Old 04-17-2015, 11:20 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 12
Rep: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopvelo View Post

According to the rep at Macmall it is a NVMe model but the model number in the description was a typo. I will know tomorrow for sure if its NVMe or AHCI when it gets delivered.

I will too. tongue.gif
zylicyde is offline  
post #175 of 486 (permalink) Old 04-17-2015, 11:29 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
veryrarium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Saitama, JP
Posts: 83
Rep: 4 (Unique: 4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aibohphobia View Post

PCPer has a NVMe SM951 vs AHCI SM951 vs Intel 750 review up: http://www.pcper.com/reviews/Storage/PCIe-SSD-Roundup-Samsung-SM951-NVMe-vs-AHCI-XP941-SSD-750-and-More

I wish they tested those benches across SSDs of more similar capacity size.
Anyway, I'm curious which product the particular copy of SM951-NVMe was 'packaged with', since the SKU in their photo doesn't end with 000H1.
veryrarium is offline  
post #176 of 486 (permalink) Old 04-18-2015, 12:35 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
guttheslayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 3,617
Rep: 108 (Unique: 63)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aibohphobia View Post

PCPer has a NVMe SM951 vs AHCI SM951 vs Intel 750 review up: http://www.pcper.com/reviews/Storage/PCIe-SSD-Roundup-Samsung-SM951-NVMe-vs-AHCI-XP941-SSD-750-and-More

I was right when I said the SM951 NVMe is faster than Intel 750


It look like Intel has alot to catch up. I will go for the 951, not 750.

guttheslayer is offline  
post #177 of 486 (permalink) Old 04-18-2015, 01:57 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
Nizzen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Norway
Posts: 1,514
Rep: 54 (Unique: 44)
Quote:
Originally Posted by guttheslayer View Post

I was right when I said the SM951 NVMe is faster than Intel 750


It look like Intel has alot to catch up. I will go for the 951, not 750.

Looks like you are ignoring the IOMETER results?

CPU24/7) 7980xe - 7900xMOBO: ASUS Rampage Apex x299 / Asrock Taichi x299RAM: 4x 3600c15 / 4x4266c19/ 4x4000 c17 GPU: 2x MSI tri X 2080ti / 1060tiSTORAGE: Areca 1883i HDD R6 + Samsung 850PROs R0 - 3x SM961 nvme 1TB - 3x Intel Optane 900p 480GBCASE: LD cooling V8 R/B / ld cooling reverse R/BMonitor: Acer x34 /Asus 27 AQ 4k g-sync
Nizzen is offline  
post #178 of 486 (permalink) Old 04-18-2015, 05:44 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
repez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 38
Rep: 0
What are the recommended alternatives to the Lycom DT-120? Also will a PCI-E 2.0 M.2 NVMe slot affect only sequential performance compared to a PCI-E 3.0 M.2 NVMe? In other words is it true that it will affect only the kind of performance that are hardly noticeable in a desktop environment with low queue depth?
repez is offline  
post #179 of 486 (permalink) Old 04-18-2015, 06:46 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 12
Rep: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by repez View Post

What are the recommended alternatives to the Lycom DT-120? Also will a PCI-E 2.0 M.2 NVMe slot affect only sequential performance compared to a PCI-E 3.0 M.2 NVMe? In other words is it true that it will affect only the kind of performance that are hardly noticeable in a desktop environment with low queue depth?

I got this ZTC Lightning Card from Amazon, and it seems to be doing pretty well; my benchmarks are a few messages back in this thread.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00S5M36J2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopvelo View Post

According to the rep at Macmall it is a NVMe model but the model number in the description was a typo. I will know tomorrow for sure if its NVMe or AHCI when it gets delivered.

Just out of curiosity, did you get tracking information for yours from MacMall? I checked the status of mine, and I got 4 random tracking numbers, only 1 of which worked, and it's going to Shenzhen, China. So I have no clue if mine is coming today or not. frown.gif
zylicyde is offline  
post #180 of 486 (permalink) Old 04-18-2015, 07:11 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 12
Rep: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by zylicyde View Post


Just out of curiosity, did you get tracking information for yours from MacMall? I checked the status of mine, and I got 4 random tracking numbers, only 1 of which worked, and it's going to Shenzhen, China. So I have no clue if mine is coming today or not. frown.gif

And because fate has a weird sense of humor, I got mine 5 minutes after I posted this. tongue.gif

However, it is as I suspected; it appears to be the AHCI version. The stickers don't lie. The 1st one is mine running in my machine (sorry for the blurriness), and the 2nd is the one I just got from MacMall.





And the benchmarks show roughly the same performance. (Top is the 256 GB AHCI, and the bottom is the 512 GB so-called "NVMe" (AHCI) drive.)

zylicyde is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off