do you need any drivers for a corsair NVMe drive on windows 10 to get the best performance? - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

do you need any drivers for a corsair NVMe drive on windows 10 to get the best performance?

post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 11:38 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
do you need any drivers for a corsair NVMe drive on windows 10 to get the best performance?

the drive is the corsair force mp510 480 gb, from what I can gather win10 has native NVMe drivers that should work good, and looking on corsairs site I only find their SSD Toolbox software which seems to have no drivers only things like, firmware update / maintenance of drive etc,

looking at samsung and their ssd nvme drives, they have their own drivers available for download that increases performance, so im wondering why corsair dont have any for their drives and/or if you could try samsungs driver on the corsair disk to get better than windows10 native NVMe driver performance?

was reading guru3ds review of the disk and it seems they claim you can download the samsung nvme driver to use on this disk?
from this review: https://www.guru3d.com/articles_page..._review,3.html

"To be able to make use of the new NVMe based devices inside your PC you have to have a proper driver installed, this can be downloaded at the Samsung website. This enables NVMe devices to function within the existing operating system I/O stack protocol."

any risk with trying samsungs nvme driver on corsair nvme disk?

thanks for any help !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 07:04 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 36 (Unique: 26)
I have Samsung M.2 and both Windows and Samsung driver are same.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in