Overclock.net banner

What are good value SSDs in 2019? 1TB / Phison E12 + Toshiba

72K views 213 replies 42 participants last post by  Liranan 
#1 · (Edited)
Looking for 1TB SSD for general use as game library, rare VM, rare Photoshop cache, etc.
What sites do great SSD reviews? It still seems that SSDs barely evolve and reviews are scarce.

SATA or M.2 (M-key) (limited to SATA and PCIe 2.0x2 NVME now, would a 3.0x4 drive also work or do they not like the slower interface?)

Sustained write may not be big issue depending on how large the cache + SLC part is.
But it seems the newest cheapest SSDs (QLC) go below HDD performance on large writes when not given time to clear cache and SLC part.

I have some candidates to check but would like to know from those that monitor the SSD market more. What is there worth considering? What brands of SSD and controllers to avoid?

A 250GB SSD for system and a game has 35TBW over 25k hours. But I barely write to it anything because it's so small.
Can't say I like the low speed and durability of QLC so far despite there being some cheap M.2 outperforming SATA TLC until they fill up their SLC part and turn to a turtle, still for my use they could be fine? 200TBW... seems low.
I guess MLC is now dead or rather reserved for most expensive products only.

---

A list of drives with Phison E12 + Toshiba 256Gb 64L 3D TLC flash:
*beware there has been some updates in late 2019 with E12S controller, the use of Micron 96L flash and half the amount of DRAM, check what you're buying but it can be hard to find out until you actually get it, you can probably get any combination depending on manufacturer
https://www.reddit.com/r/NewMaxx/comments/drriga/sabrent_rocket_hardware_change/

• Addlink S70
  • Addlink X70 1TB, M.2
  • Asura Genesis Xtreme
  • Corsair Force Series MP510 960GB, M.2 (CSSD-F960GBMP510)
  • Digifast Ace
  • Galax HOF
  • Gigabyte Aorus RGB AIC NVMe SSD 1TB, PCIe 3.0 x4 (GP-ASACNE2100TTTDR)
  • HIKVision C2000
  • Inland Premium (not in EU)
  • Integral UltimaProX 960GB, M.2, V2 (INSSD960GM280NUPX2)
  • LiteOn MU X1 1TB, M.2 (PP5-GD1024)
  • MyDigitalSSD BPX Pro 960GB (not in EU yet, if ever, been on market a while now elsewhere, their only EU distributor's site is dead too)
  • Patriot Viper VPN100 NVMe SSD 1TB, M.2 (VPN100-1TBM28H)
  • Pioneer APS-SE20G
  • PNY XLR8 CS3030 M.2 NVMe SSD 1TB, M.2 (M280CS3030-1TB-RB)
  • Sabrent 1TB Rocket (SB-ROCKET-1TB) (barely available and expensive in EU)
  • Seagate BarraCuda 510 SSD 1TB, M.2
  • Seagate FireCuda 510 SSD 1TB, M.2 (ZP1000GM30011)
  • Silicon Power P34A80 1TB, M.2 (SP001TBP34A80M28)
  • Sky Digital SKY SPEEDSTAR
  • TeamGroup Cardea II
  • TeamGroup Cardea Liquid
  • TeamGroup PCIe SSD MP34 1TB, M.2 (TM8FP4001T0C101)

1 TB marketed drives have 70.15 GB = 6.85 % OP ==> 953.85 GB usable.
960 GB marketed drives have 129.75 GB = 12.67 % OP ==> 894.25 GB usable.

Use at your own risk:
12.3 firmware update: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=188547
https://megaupload.nz/k3d865wdn8/firmware12.3_zip

Verified working 12.3 from 12.2 on SP drive by me, using the shutdown option, you will find this linked around web and above:
MD5: a3b1fb29f04dc9e7ca94db790f459eb1 *Phison firmware12.3.zip

I've had to recompress the archive to fit it to OCN upload limits, download on bottom of this post:
MD5: 2be500063f9236c64b339c6b9a05986e *Phison firmware12.3.zip

You can find other reports around and in this thread of drive updates v12.x to v12.3 no data loss, v11 to v12 with data loss.
Seems everyone is getting the same update archive and contents be it leaked from forums or from even Corsair directly.

1. Don't use the drive while updating.
  2. Select the drive in update tool as shown below
  3. Select DLMC, there seems to be no other option
  4. Select activated at the next reset
  5. Run baby run
  6. It will update quickly and ask you to shut down the machine
  7. Shutdown
  8. Power back on
  9. Done

---

SM2262EN + Micron memory chips:

If you can find them cheap and don't mind the poor performance when drive is full, see Anandtech.

• ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB, M.2 (ASX8200PNP-1TT-C)
  • HP SSD EX950 M.2 1TB, M.2 (5MS23AA#ABB)

---

An SSD overview, database + search, explanation of terms, etc. not sure how well maintained over time:

https://www.reddit.com/user/NewMaxx/comments/9yv0c6/ssd_buying_guide_wip/

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
There's pretty much no situation where a QLC drive makes sense. Get a metallic spinny boi if you want cheap.

The 1TB Muskin Pilot has been steadily dropping from ~$220 this time last year down to $130 now. I've been plenty happy with mine. ~30% slower than a 970 Evo in read/writes but less than half the cost.

#4 ·
I've got a few of the Team L5 LITE 3D SATA SSDs and I've been quite happy with them.

The 1TB version is consistently the cheapest 1TB TLC drive I can find that still has descrete DRAM for the page table cache and the like.

There's pretty much no situation where a QLC drive makes sense.
I don't agree. For general use a QLC drive will be vastly faster than any reasonable HDD array and will still have enough P/E cycles for most.

The price has fallen on them to the point where they can undercut the cheapest TLC options in their capacity by enough to make them worthwhile, if you take their limitations into account.

#3 ·
I'm still running 4 1TB 840 EVOs in raid.(however, the first one was $500, last one was $120 LOL!) Makes up for the downfalls, & was still half the cost.

#6 ·
I was thinking something newer than a discontinued 840 EVO :p
Already have one of those but small.

Looking at SSDs to buy in 2019.

860 EVO is pricey as they want people to buy their QVO with QLC.

Crucial MX500 is a bit old now but still OK?
WD Blue 3D NAND?

Adata has bad reputation with SSDs now it seems same that other smaller brands had and have. Aka generic firmware with no customization by manufacturer, complete data loses, etc.
Even Samsung took a while to get the firmware OK.

There are so many drives I keep finding but no review site has them all in their results, not even close. Some are new fast drives but hard to find to buy, some places have them well priced some not at all.

There are the QLC Crucial P1, Intel 660p but then you look at barely more expensive Corsair Force Series MP510 TLC and WTH just happened.
Durability almost 10x better, performance 2x, ... so what are the nice newer drives worth actually buying in 2019? Are there some nice new MLC/TLC SSDs be it for Gen3x4 or simple old SATA beside this MP510?

Plus I don't necessarily need an M.2 drive, a good SATA is fine but then the price has to reflect it which it seems now M.2 3.0x2/3.0x4 are so close to SATA in price it barely makes sense to buy SATA anymore...

#8 ·
I'm fine with SATA as I won't really run these 3GB/s speeds anyway on 2.0x2, but I will sure check out these newer 3.0x4 drives too.

SP001TBP34A80M28 doesn't really seem sold yet outside US. But looks slightly better than the MP510 in performance with it's newer firmware.
I really don't get it why they are still selling overpriced SATA drives when M.2 3.0x4 drives are much faster with newer NAND and cost at times almost same? Where are all the cheaper TLC SATA drives at?

Any idea when SP001TBP34A80M28 will be available worldwide? Or other similar drives as there will be some from other brands too.

#11 ·
Yeah, there haven’t been any good SATA releases yet this year. The 860 EVO, MX500, and WD Blue 3D are your best choices atm. The QLC based Intel 660p at 1TB is cheaper than all of them in the USA and faster.

#12 · (Edited)
#13 ·
Pretty much any major brand SSD is going to be fine these days. Even a cheap SSD will vastly outlast a good HDD. Don't overthink it. You will replace your SSD someday because bigger ones are so much cheaper, not because it dies.

#14 ·
Sean Webster: Seems like there are but only for M.2, at least those are now getting as cheap as regular slow SATA.

ThrashZone: Saw that, that's why I'm not so keen on getting these cheaper QLC like 660p, but then you gotta run out of the cache so if you don't and cache can clean fast enough you're fine.

UltraMega: I barely use my small 840 EVO and it still has plenty writes on it. Those larger SSDs with low durability look unattractive.

That Silicon Power P34A80 and Corsair MP510 look interesting if I can find them at a good price. MX500 is 110-116EUR, WD is 116EUR, MP510 is 125EUR, not a big difference. Sure there are some no name, low name SU650 Adata or Patriot burst SATAs for 85 EUR but why get those DRAMless... Meanwhile sites/people keep recommending EX920 175 EUR which is now old and expensive compared to what is otherwise available, once good drives and recommendations even from Q1 2019 are too dated.

https://www.anandtech.com/show/9799/best-ssds

No idea why Anand. has MP510 cost a fortune compared to EX920. Looking up their broken links to newegg EX920 is not $160 but $105 and MP510 not $220 but $125. Did prices change that much since end of February?
Seems SSD prices are dropping well since end of 2018, start of 2019, especially for those expensive drives that have a long way to drop.

What's the expected price of SSDs by end of 2019? How low may it go? My guess is as we see now those 3.0x4 drives will cost same as SATA drives do. But we won't see cheaper SATA as those already look to plateau for 1TB size.

It's nice to see that SSDs are finally adjusting their crazy price.

If only Corsair MP510, Silicon Power P34A80 and similar were better available. It seems ok in the West/Germany but not central EU because it's again... a different distribution channel, yep they still love to split the EU west and east even after Russians left 30 years ago. Prices differ for these SSDs a lot too between regions due to availability.

Might wait a little with a price watch and then grab one of these M.2 NVMe.

#15 · (Edited)
  • Silicon Power P34A80 1TB, M.2 (SP001TBP34A80M28)
  • Corsair Force Series MP510 960GB, M.2 (CSSD-F960GBMP510)
  • Patriot Viper VPN100 NVMe SSD 1TB, M.2 (VPN100-1TBM28H)
  • TeamGroup PCIe SSD MP34 1TB, M.2 (TM8FP4001T0C101)
  • PNY XLR8 CS3030 M.2 NVMe SSD 1TB, M.2 (M280CS3030-1TB-RB)
  • LiteOn MU X1 1TB, M.2 (PP5-GD1024)
  • Seagate FireCuda 510 SSD 1TB, M.2 (ZP1000GM30011)
  • Gigabyte Aorus RGB AIC NVMe SSD 1TB, PCIe 3.0 x4 (GP-ASACNE2100TTTDR)
  • MyDigitalSSD BPX Pro 960GB (not in EU yet, if ever, been on market a while now elsewhere, their only EU distributor's site is dead too)
  • Sabrent 1TB Rocket (SB-ROCKET-1TB) (barely available and expensive in EU)

Some are easier to purchase than other, all are the "same" design E12 + Toshiba. Prices vary a lot as does availability at least in EU.
Some are around a while, some are poping up now.

Dug out some more but they are the more expensive = skip models.

The original Phison design was with 960GB, and Corsair might be on market probably the longest, the later are using less over provisioning, firmware version depends on when one buys them as even the Corsairs can come with latest firmware. No idea if one can change the OP on Corsair with their SSD tool, Samsung used to have something like that but maybe that was only for extra user selected OP.

Only the Patriot comes with a one sided heatsink... and Gigabyte's PCIe solution probably has one under the RGB shroud nonsense, it better.

DIY heatsink, two sided, screwed not with silicon bands, with thermal pads, costs around $5 shipped. Already have one on the way.

#16 · (Edited)
#18 · (Edited)
I'm thinking whether to cancel my Corsair order and get the Silicon Power locally for a little less but from a much much smaller shop. Still considering that 5 days before showing stock none of the local shops had idea about availability (asked via email), saying maybe month etc. and then 5 days later their distributor updates and suddenly they all have stock magically yet one will at least say 2 weeks delivery not instant as I bet those drives are at distributor/supplier not already bought by shops in their warehouse. Well will see, I don't feel like waiting for a big shop 3 weeks to ship a higher price lower usable capacity drive.

Anyone can comment on the software provided with Corsair vs Silicon power and what it can do? Change OP? Update firmware?
MP500 didn't have all software features available, probably same story with MP510 and that OP in Corsair SSD toolbox is probably same as Samsung and extra OP user can add, not reduce their predefined in firmware OP. Silicon power I don't see any OP adjustment.

---

Gunderman456: read that before

I don't think there is any reason to be bothering with 500GB drives unless one is constrained on their build, such as years ago when 250GB was the sweet spot to buy, now 1TB is.
Drives like MX500 etc. all the SATA drives are in my opinion dead deal wise as one can now buy the 6x faster NVMe drives at near equal price. The prices have changed in last 6 months a lot. Modern motherboards now come with more NVMe ports and more PCIe lanes, it's only old systems that will struggle to use NVMe/M.2 drives well.

---

Corsair MP510 supposedly can be firmware updated in the SSD Toolbox but only after a long time when Corsair actually adds the udpate. And there is 12.3 from Phison somewhere that can somehow be loaded onto the Corsair and it works, no idea if it stays 960GB or turns to 1TB, where or how, ppl didn't post links.

#20 · (Edited)
Silicon Power P34A80 1TB, M.2 (SP001TBP34A80M28)

Running PCIe 2.0 x2 (Z97 via chipset, everything is via chipset on these isn't it), max around 800MB/s (verification read, up to 500MB/s write due to SATA source drive even with anti malware temporarily off as that was slowing it all the way to 200MB/s) in folder copy use of various small and large files 100GB total, reaching 68C max with no heatsink during verification of copied files (open test bench, mobo laying on it's box). Heatsink arrived day before the drive but I wanted to check how hot does it get without it, well it does get toasty a bit even running "low" speeds compared to it's PCIe 3.0 x4 performance.
In the various benches it's around 750-835MB/s on PCIe2.0 x2

Firmware 12.2, usable space after format 1,000,186,876 k = 953.85 GB as shown in windows and that is the REAL size because 1,000,186,876 / 2^20 = 953.85 GB = 0.93 TB. So I don't get it what some reviewers are complaining about in terms of "low" over provisioning, there is a crap ton of it as I bet these flash modules are 1 TB = 1,099,511,627,776 B ==> 70.15 GB of over provisioning. They should rather complain about the endless marketing mess these companies and corporations are doing by using 1000/base10 multiplier often when talking about drive capacities instead of the real thing which is 1024/base2 multiplier. So they advertise 1TB but all you get is 0.93TB. They are using the difference there is between base10 and base2 to create the over provisioning necessary.

In CrystalDiskInfo the size is reported as "Disk Size : 1024.2 GB" which is for all drives as I see the real deal size in good old base2 Bytes not the marketing nonsense. So it is full 1TB deep down but cut down from 1024GB to 953.85GB due to over provisioning.
The SP has 6.85% over provisioning, aka the usual "7%" drives for regular people not servers have.

Is Corsair MP510 even smaller or tiny bit larger? Are they simply being more honest with the drive size, saying it's 960GB? Who knows, I can't find it in a single review that they would actually go look how much space there is unformatted and formatted, figure out how much OP there is beside what they get told by marketing.

Attachments

#22 ·
Silicon Power P34A80 1TB, M.2 (SP001TBP34A80M28)

Running PCIe 2.0 x2 (Z97 via chipset, everything is via chipset on these isn't it), max around 800MB/s (verification read, up to 500MB/s write due to SATA source drive even with anti malware temporarily off as that was slowing it all the way to 200MB/s) in folder copy use of various small and large files 100GB total, reaching 68C max with no heatsink during verification of copied files (open test bench, mobo laying on it's box). Heatsink arrived day before the drive but I wanted to check how hot does it get without it, well it does get toasty a bit even running "low" speeds compared to it's PCIe 3.0 x4 performance.
In the various benches it's around 750-835MB/s on PCIe2.0 x2

Wow that's quite the bottleneck. Quite toasty as well, that's strange. Here's my Inland Premium with Spectre and Meltdown mitigations disabled, and temperatures after running AS SSD in a case with ok airflow (no heatsink)

Attachments

#25 · (Edited)
Code:
           Model : SPCC M.2 PCIe SSD
        Firmware : ECFM12.2
       Disk Size : 1024.2 GB
     Buffer Size : Unknown
    # of Sectors : 
   Rotation Rate : ---- (SSD)
       Interface : NVM Express
   Major Version : NVM Express 1.3
   Minor Version : 
   Transfer Mode : PCIe 2.0 x2 | PCIe 3.0 x4
     Temperature : 23 C (73 F)
   Health Status : Good (100 %)
        Features : S.M.A.R.T.
       APM Level : ----
       AAM Level : ----
On idle it's cold, I think it's lying as the controller is still fairly hot to touch, not warm, hot.

Silicon Power... CC no idea what that's supposed to be in model name.

Moved part of Steam library to it, no idea why internet is full of complicated mechanisms and even whole Steam library management apps when all I always need to do is move/copy the game files to a different Steam library. Since I'm retiring the old one no need to even create a new library in Steam, simply rename 1 letter = drive letter in 2 config files of Steam, done, library moved and set as default.
Battle.net is a little more friendly to this and outright supports selection of where each game is installed where as Steam detects contents of it's library folders. Nowadays Steam supports to move games one by one but that old simple move/copy works always, there is no reason for it not to.

---

The temperature sensor on my drive is definitely reading too low, started at 8C now at 15C idle, compared to everything else in system reporting 22-28C starting/minimum temperature and idling around 28-34C.
So the sensor is wrong by about -15 to -20C.

Heatsink is low enough that a GPU over it would fit. At best you need 0.5mm, 1mm and 2mm thermal pads, the 2mm is for underside of the controller.
Heat dissipation so far working well, have not seen the drive reporting over 40C today and heatsink is warm to touch but not painfully hot, it is most warm over the controller.

I would say these drives do benefit from any form of cooling to keep the controller temperature in check.

Attachments

#27 · (Edited)
Thanks!

The 1TB drives such as SP are this: 1TB + the usual OP of difference between 1TB marketing and 1TB reality aka roughly 7% OP (1,099,511,627,776 B = 1 TB = 1024 GB reality vs 1,024,191,361,024 B after OP aka marketing "1 TB" aka 953.85 GB).

1 TB marketed drives have 70.15 GB = 6.85 % OP ==> 953.85 GB usable.
960 GB marketed drives have 129.75 GB = 12.67 % OP ==> 894.25 GB usable.

The Corsair 960 GB has extra 59.60 GB of OP.

Yes I looked into the software before buying, asked Corsair and SP directly on their web and shops, what firmware their drives ship with and if it's possible to update it by user with their tools, pretty much the replies are it ships with "latest" and those tools they won't even say are working with these drives and ignore the questions. Reviews when they checked the software also I think said, tools not working with these drives yet.

I think 12.3 firmware exists and some people were flashing it somehow even onto Corsair. But they gave no links and how to as they didn't want to be "responsible" for someone bricking their drive.

Attachments

#28 ·
My MP510 shipped with 12.2. The toolbox does support firmware updates, and checked for updates. I grabbed the Corsair cheap on a NewEgg flash sale that I saw during the process of ordering the Viper while it was on sale. I figure that Corsair at least has customer service that responds, and were very good about replacing a mysteriously bricked SSD I had from them a few years ago.

So far I"m happy with the drive despite the software. Used a Silverstone M24 as the interface and benched with and without the heatsink. Gets about a 10-12 degree drop with the heatsink and hasn't seen over 51C during tests or large transfers. Idle sits around 5C above in case air temps. Speeds are as advertised.

#29 ·
Silverstone has some nicer adapters for sure it seems. Can't find them locally though.

Added 12.3 update to OP. Use at your own risk, I don't see a need to update, has been done on MP510 and the SP drives before. There is also 12.2 update from a company selling these E12+Toshiba drives.
Yeah these drives are dirt cheap especially in US. In EU it's more around +46% in price, tax included, +22% without tax. Who knows if they will drop a bit again in autumn. Locally the supply is not that great in terms of shops having stock and availability of specific models varies in each distribution region and where shops like to buy from.

#30 · (Edited)
#31 · (Edited)
I think you're missing ADATA's XPG SX8200 Pro, it's basically a cheaper Samsung 970 Evo even if it's using Silicon Motion SM2262 and Micron 64L 3D TLC.
https://www.anandtech.com/show/13759/comparing-adata-sx8200-pro-vs-hp-ex950/6
https://www.pcworld.com/article/3323075/adata-xpg-sx8200-pro-nvme-ssd-review.html
Not really, personally I did not like that drive from reviews and it's not a Phison controller it's SM2262EN, SM2262 is even worse. + Micron memory chips. It tends to have similar results to 660p/P1 at times, it's full performance is poor in comparisons and overall it seems slower than E12 + Toshiba, not always but not rarely either.
It's not much more expensive than the E12 + Toshiba but it is. +24% locally. It does not perform +24% better if at all. Supposedly 1TB max where as the E12 + Toshiba do exists in 2TB as well. The HP EX950 costs even more (and has 2TB). Durability... probably speculation on all drives but that's something the E12 + Toshiba loves to market as high with 1.6-1.7 PBW.

The SM2262EN drives aren't probably awful but are worse value in most cases.

The performance difference between SATA and even PCIe4.0x4 aka 10x difference... good luck to humans noticing that in regular use, games etc. It's more important when one moves, copies files frequently in large quantities, such as videos, huge ISOs, VMs, or runs servers.
Still why buy old SATA if one can use M.2 with faster speed for right now close to identical price.

Given they may be very similar in performance and reliability, simply get the cheaper one.

#32 ·
Hi,
Yeah I haven't bothered with m.2 price wise too just no real gain in them
They also usually need a heatsink which adds more costs.

Limited mounting unlike sata 2.5's can be mounted anywhere with velcro :)
2.5" sata is just fine
Only some benchmarks like m.2's.. like passmark performance test 8-9-10.
Others could care a less.

#33 ·
I can see that. But.....I needed a new 1TB drive. For $5 more than a SATA drive with TLC I could get an NVME drive. Putting the performance difference aside, it was worth $5 to me to get the physical drive and cables out of my rig. Just less clutter.

#34 ·
#35 · (Edited)
If one has an empty M.2 port even this old 2.0x2 as I have right now I think it's worth it to get the M.2 NVMe when motherboard supports it. The price for M.2 NVMe is now same as SATA 2.5" and SATA M.2 drives, and for me locally this Silicon Power P34A80 1TB is actually cheaper than 99% of available MX500 and WD Blue 3D NAND SATA drives. I don't know what's going on with SATA drives but they kind of stalled in progress and prices while NVMe is so much faster even if you may not easily notice and dropped to equal price level as those old SATA drives.

The only downside to SSDs is that 4TB is rare and very expensive, prices have to drop even more to be comparable to HDDs.
1TB SSD costs as much as 4TB HDD.

A dual sided heatsink for M.2 costs <$5 if you look around, shipped. Or <$10 if you go with what ever you find and in US those same heatsinks from Aliexpress are all over Amazon, Newegg etc.
The manufacturer is jeyi.com, they also have all the x4 PCIe adapters you could ever need: https://jeyi.aliexpress.com/store/g...105.html?spm=2114.12010612.0.0.7a773ed1uTM6nZ
This is the one I have, only bought it elsewhere for <$5 shipped.
And there are plenty other heatsinks for similar prices with different design and attachment mechanism, I simply preferred this low profile 6 screws one.

#41 ·
I don't know what's going on with SATA drives but they kind of stalled in progress and prices while NVMe is so much faster even if you may not easily notice and dropped to equal price level as those old SATA drives.
As far as speed, it's not like they can do much on that front. They've already hit the limit of the SATA bus more than 5 years ago.

I agree with pricing. At current densities, it's possible to fit 16+TB on the current 2.5" form factor. It's just going to be prohibitively expensive at the moment even with QLC. I doubt demand is currently there for such drives (at least on the consumer end). Hopefully though, QLC pricing goes down eventually as it did with TLC/3D TLC. Maybe when they start using more NAND packages (ergo more parallelism) to get to higher capacities, we'll see QLC-based SSDs saturating SATA for sustained sequential writes again. Sure would be nice to get an 8TB SSD for under $500.

The SATA standard is what it is though and it's not gonna exceed PCIe ever.

#36 ·
Hi,
@JackCY
Only deal is 970 evo 1tb 160.us I'll take 2 if you're buying.

#37 ·
Those Samsungs are so pricey compared to how far other SSDs have dropped in price in last 12 months. 2x price here (970 EVO/Plus 1TB) compared to the E12+Toshiba drives. Samsung still did not adjust their pricing enough to be worth even considering XD In US... well maybe, but it's still 60 USD more expensive = +60% in price instead of +100% if you can truly find them for 160 USD. Those MLC... well they are gonna be gone soon for sure from products targeted at regular people, though is EVO even MLC or a TLC in disguise? 3bit MLC smells like TLC to me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.