[Sponsored] Cancer Awareness *NZXT Pink Phantom* - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Sponsored] Cancer Awareness *NZXT Pink Phantom*

post #1 of 327 (permalink) Old 02-06-2012, 07:32 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 48 (Unique: 36)
First and for most, this build log is pending movement to the Sponsored Case Mod Section biggrin.gif As soon as I pay the fee this coming Thursday. I PM'd Chipp, and he said it shouldn't be a problem biggrin.gif Yay Chipp!
Time2.jpg
Several months ago I decided I wanted to build a gaming/folding rig, with a theme that I know hits home for a lot of folks. My main purpose in doing this build, is to honor all those that have been affected by cancer. I have yet to meet a single person in my life, that hasn't been affected by it in one way or another. Myself personally, cancer has had a huge impact on my life.

When I was 11 years old, my Mom passed away because of it. Since then, I've had 2 of my Aunts pass away, and my Grandmother was diagnosed, treated, and was able beat hers. smile.gif

With Cancer awareness as the theme, and knowing how many lives cancer affects, I made the decision to have a raffle when I am finished with this build. I will raffle it off during my local Relay for Life event, this coming July. All proceeds from the raffle, will be donated back to Relay for Life. I'm hoping this build will bring a much broader, and maybe younger crowd to the Walk-a-thon, to make more donations, along with buying a raffle ticket to win an awesome gaming PC. Which will also be setup as a folding rig biggrin.gif

When I first decided to do this build, I knew immediately what case I wanted to use. The NZXT Phantom. I remember NZXT, on April Fools Day of last year, posting a picture of a Pink Phantom.

I had to do this build with Pink Phantom, but at the time they hadn't released it yet. I contacted NZXT about becoming a sponsor, and what my plans entailed. I was going to start out with a white phantom, and paint it pink. When I got the reply that they wanted to sponsor my build, you could say I was slightly more than excited! But the next email was even better. They were in fact releasing a Pink version of the Phantom in October, for Breast Cancer Awareness Month. thumb.gif, and would be sending me a Pink one.

Everything was finalized towards the end of last month, and I received the packages of goodies from NZXT last Friday afternoon.

Hardware so far -
NZXT Pink Phantom
NZXT Hale82 Series 850w PSU
2 - NZXT 2m LED strip kits

I will be putting this rig under water, but I'm still in the process of figuring the rest of the components out. If anyone has any ideas, I'm up for suggestions. smile.gif

Final Mods, and Final Build Pics!!! (Click to show)

I couldn't wait to get started with the case mods, so I tore it down to the shell, and pulled the top and small HDD cage off.

The next day the fun began biggrin.gif
2.jpg
3.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
4.jpg
9.jpg
8.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg

The most fun I've had with a case for a long time. Reversing it only took an hour. It negates using 200mm in the top now, because the motherboard tray sits flush with the top, but the real estate at the bottom was well worth it.

I also had to mod two of the plastic top panel's mounting tabs, because of the motherboard tray position.

Here it is all put back together again.

Front.jpg
Side1.jpg
Side2.jpg
InsideSide1.jpg
Insideside2.jpg
Insidepaneloffside2.jpg
Insidepaneloffside1.jpg
Back.jpg

Thats all for now folks. Keep checking back for more updates, as this build continues on biggrin.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 327 (permalink) Old 02-06-2012, 07:33 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

post #3 of 327 (permalink) Old 02-06-2012, 07:33 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

*Updated February 26, 2012*

I got the PSU all sleeved up, and painted. Got the rubber for the window installed, and I also got some other main components installed for a test fitting biggrin.gif
Still working on finishing the LED swap on the fan contoller, as well as cutting the plexi for the window.
A big thanks to Mybadomen for sending my the sleeving tools, that were made by Roberts25. They work great!

3-2.jpg
2-2.jpg
7-1.jpg
8-1.jpg
6-1.jpg
5-1.jpg

sideon.jpg
Sideoff.jpgPowerS.jpg

Hopefully I will be able to update again by this weekend smile.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 327 (permalink) Old 02-06-2012, 07:33 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

UPDATED - 05/08/2012

OMG an update finally!

With the help of my wife, we were able to get the bottom of the case cut out for the the radiator.
8.jpg
7.jpg

Said goodbye to a huge chunk of the 5.25" bays as well
6.jpg

Starting to go back together, wire management is still a work in progress.
5.jpg
4.jpg
3.jpg
2.jpg
1.jpg
post #5 of 327 (permalink) Old 02-06-2012, 07:33 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Updated 5/23/12

I few a few updates to post, as well as a couple more big THANK YOU's to give out!

I made up a back plate, to cover the open areas now that the 5.25" bays, are mostly gone, and give me a place to mount the HDD and SSD. Sort of an after thought, I forgot to make access holes to get to the back side screws on the 5.25" bays. That is on my list of fixes lol. Would like to thank Mybadomen, for sending me some awesome LED strip lighting too biggrin.gif Much brighter than what I was going to be using, and looks much better.
BackPlate2.jpg
BackPlateInstalled.jpg
Lights.jpg

Also a big thank you goes out to SneakyBushNinja, for donating a Kingfston 64GB SSDnow! This a a great help in getting this build closer to finished. Thank you so much!
SSD.jpg

One more smaller update, added some color to the CPU block. I think I may also be painting the black plastic trim this color also.
CPUBlock.jpg
post #6 of 327 (permalink) Old 02-06-2012, 07:44 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 76 (Unique: 57)
Nice start! thumb.gif

<>< Spaghetti Wizard ><>
Funny Quotes (Click to show)
SCollins: " 'Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk'(Pillz Here) Is it nessecary to tell me that you posted from TAPATALK on you SAMSUNG phone. seriously, thats really obnoxious."

Ozon671Games: " Metro looks same level as CoD and DX11 makes virtually no difference "
post #7 of 327 (permalink) Old 02-06-2012, 07:48 PM
post #8 of 327 (permalink) Old 02-06-2012, 07:57 PM

SUBBED!!!!!!!!!!!
post #9 of 327 (permalink) Old 02-06-2012, 08:12 PM
hardware nerd

Rep: 109 (Unique: 88)
Awesome man! I am so excited for this build. Will definitely be some Phantom "first's" on these pages. subd thumb.gif
post #10 of 327 (permalink) Old 02-06-2012, 08:13 PM
1689 Federalist

Rep: 241 (Unique: 208)
Kaged great build but even more so great cause! I lost an Aunt to cancer a few years ago. The stuff is evil.

I'll be watching this build closely.

Subbed!

Black Box
(11 items)
CPU
R5 2600X
Motherboard
Asus Strix B450-I
GPU
EVGA GTX 1060 6GB
RAM
GSkill 16gb 3200c14 Flare
Hard Drive
500gb SSD
Power Supply
EVGA G1+ 850
Cooling
Macho Rev B
Case
NZXT H200 Black
Monitor
LG 32GK650F-B 1440p 144hz
Mouse
Sensei Raw
Audio
Sony Core Bookshelves
▲ hide details ▲

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in