[Sponsored] Timeless Warriors - Samurai themed build COMPLETE - Page 6 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Sponsored] Timeless Warriors - Samurai themed build COMPLETE

post #51 of 63 (permalink) Old 11-22-2018, 01:01 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 19 (Unique: 16)
Quote: Originally Posted by Simmons572 View Post
Glad to see more progress being made on this build!

That artwork is gorgeous
thanks glad the engraving part is over and onto the build part
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 63 (permalink) Old 12-08-2018, 01:56 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Back again guys with another small update, still waiting on a few items to turn up to get into the actual build part, but started working out layout ect, so here are some pics.

Memory is ready to go into the motherboards, have replaced logos as well to match paint job I done them with, now to put them in these two puppies

Also some other parts turned up too, firstly the fans and cables needed to complete the build.

Yes that is 12 fans, a couple of splitters and 24 extensions for the fans…. A lot I agree, but I want to run the fan cables around the sides of the desk to keep them out of site as much as possible, a big thanks to noctua for sorting these out, much appreciated. Also the rads turned up and as I wanted crossflow, well thanks to the guys at Aquatuning they did.

Simple position of getting the fans on the radiators and putting them in and we can finally see what is starting to happen.

Let’s put the SSD’s in place and glass back on to get the look I am going for as a little test.

My samurai Armour SSD’s are now in place, now the one thing I had not taken into account when planning this was the length of Sata Data cables to reach round, even 90cm ones are not long enough, so I have had to outsource so small male to male data connectors and run over 2 cables each of the on show drives. And yes I do expect I will see a slight decrease on performance on 2 each on each side as they will be using these male to male adapters.

Good news is why I was doing this, two of the other 4 items I need to get stuck in turned up to, A huge massive thanks to my contact at Gigabyte for pulling these out of a magic hat, I did not expect them and thank you.

Now just waiting for the other 2 items, the waterblocks for these to turn up and I can finally start assembly, yes there are many minor and small things to do yet. But we are finally getting near the end.
post #53 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-18-2019, 04:19 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Wow it’s been a while with any update so this will be a longer than normal post.

First off the GPU blocks have arrived (eureka) so let’s take a look at them.

Overall I like the design of these BP-VG2080RD-A2 blocks and they are also very heavy.

One thing I did like about this design is the use of the extra support for block on the back bracket

A nice small addition to help with the support of the heavy block, now shall we see how they look in place with the covers.

To be honest I was now at an small stall, waiting for a few more things to turn up so I thought I would figure out a cunning plan to hide the cables coming out of the PSU, despite them being mostly hidden by the top anyway. Also something to aid in my plan of having green gpu cables both sides to represent bamboo and tie in with the Japanese/samurai theme of it all.

So being me, I ordered to self-construct type Japanese houses and 2 watch towers for this sort of placement, thus hiding the psu output cables and guiding the green cables to the gpus, of course I will be painting them to match the colour schemes of each side.

Wanted to hide these cables specifically with the houses.

After doing this and despite knowing the houses won’t be hardly visible with top back on, I still wanted to spruce them up a bit… but first let me show you how this looks in

I know some people won’t like this idea, but I love it and it ties in with the theme, and wanted them to match the theme, translation of writing is dragon clan, then tiger clan on the matching sides to match the engraving. And know I won’t ever do stencils this small again and then hand paint them on (more on that later in post). The most shocking part of this stage is working out how to hide nearly 38 meters of cables and lighting in the desk :O.

On another note, I also decided to mod one of the bitspower hex tanks, the one for the black and gold side already had a black dragon on it (bitspower logo) I decided for the tiger side of the build I would try to make something not like bitspower logo, but very similar with tiger logo. I made this with vinyl.

It should match the general theme of one side of engraving being a tiger and samurai and one side being a dragon and samurai.

Now I did warn this was going to be a long post, so I’ll start by mentioning I am now lucky enough to be permanently sponsored now going forward by airbrushes.com on this a future builds (wish it would of arrived before I done the houses and hence my comment of I will not be hand painting ever again and can get back to airbrushing stuff again.

Hopefully I get the rest of the stuff soon to finish this massive project, on a plus note I don’t have to hand paint my planned stuff on the vanity cover on the bottom of the desk now this has arrived J

Mod notes to do list, fittings for gpu blocks to connect to each other to do, painting of vanity panel, tidying of the cables and extensions to go in and make acrylic covers for cable tidying inside the desk, fill and get air out of the loops, then sit and install windows on both machines and check for any conflicts or issues.. then book time to do photos and video of this epic piece.

Last edited by Richie123; 01-18-2019 at 04:27 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #54 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-23-2019, 10:18 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

So just another small little update, remember this.

This is the vanity panel I made to hide the power strip, switch ect under the desk, of course I decided to airbrush this too and tie it in with the inside.

I used a samurai quote in this which is used to describe two samurai warriors working as one.

Translation is “Different body, same mind.” Which for us westerners means Harmony of mind between two people. While I am here, I should also translate the writing on the houses for you, the lower roof on the house on black side says Dragon clan and on the white roof says Tiger clan. On the side of both the houses the translation is honor and truth.

Any way guys stay tuned as more of the small stuff is done before the big reveal

post #55 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-03-2019, 04:18 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

So I know its been a long while but I am finished now, here is a quick glimpse of completed build before I do final photos and video

post #56 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-03-2019, 05:55 AM
Broken

Rep: 31 (Unique: 19)
Quote: Originally Posted by Richie123 View Post
So I know its been a long while but I am finished now, here is a quick glimpse of completed build before I do final photos and video
thats looking good
post #57 of 63 (permalink) Old 07-15-2019, 11:34 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

At last we got there in the end, it was a long process but I am so happy with how this mod/art piece came out, there were a lot of choices to make and I am amazed with the end result, it truly is a one off piece, some ups and downs during the build but got there in the end, enjoy the pics and the videos guys.

I Love it, but just when you think I already posted too many pictures, here are some different lighting modes for you of course with the rainbow unicorn too

And to finish it off, here are some videos for you to watch, first up is the video of how the engraving was done by my wife.

Second the Desk in normal mode

Last but not least Desk in unicorn mode

One massive journey (and desk ) but we got there in the end and I love my new art piece in my home, special thanks to the sponsors involved and also my wife for the engraving.
post #58 of 63 (permalink) Old 07-16-2019, 12:05 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 78 (Unique: 65)
Wow. You are certainly a talented team! Your attention to detail is phenomenal.

post #59 of 63 (permalink) Old 07-16-2019, 12:25 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by speed_demon View Post
Wow. You are certainly a talented team! Your attention to detail is phenomenal.
Thank you bud, appreciate the comment
post #60 of 63 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 11:03 AM
Mining the DB

Rep: 118 (Unique: 102)
Absolutely spectacular build. Really is incredible. Great job. It looks fantastic.

Intertwined Desk
(13 items)
The virtualizer
(11 items)
Surfacing
(7 items)
CPU
AMD Ryzen 3600
Motherboard
Gigabyte X470 Auros Gaming 7 Wifi
GPU
AMD RX VEGA 64
RAM
2 x 8GB GSKILL Trident Z Royal 3733 CL16
Hard Drive
Samsung 960 PRO 512GB
Hard Drive
Crucial BX100 1TB
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W
Cooling
Custom Watercooled Desk
Case
My Desk
Monitor
Acer XR341ck @85hz
Keyboard
Logitech G410
Mouse
Logitech G700s
Mousepad
Roccat Taito 3mm
CPU
E5-2670 8c/16t
CPU
E5-2670 8c/16t
Motherboard
Dell PowerEdge R720
RAM
DDR3 ECC 8 x 8GB
Hard Drive
4 x Crucial MX500 256GB RAID 10
Hard Drive
1 x Crucial MX500 1TB
Hard Drive
4 x Seagate 5TB Barracuda(ST5000LM000) RAID 6 (15TB)
Power Supply
Dell PowerEdge 750W
Power Supply
Dell PowerEdge 750W
Case
Dell PowerEdge R720
Operating System
Windows Server 2016 Hyper-V
CPU
i7 6850U 4c/8t
GPU
Nvidia GTX 1060
RAM
16GB DDR4
Hard Drive
Samsung 512GB SSD
Power Supply
105W Power Brick
Case
Microsoft Surface Book 2 15"
Monitor
Microsoft Surface 15"
▲ hide details ▲

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in