[Sponsored] The One Rig | Dominus Extreme & 2080 Ti HOF OC Lab - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Sponsored] The One Rig | Dominus Extreme & 2080 Ti HOF OC Lab

post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 08:14 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by nycgtr View Post
nvm see your top is blank.
you mean the top of the case or what exactly?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 09:09 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 95 (Unique: 68)
Quote: Originally Posted by FireKillerGR View Post
you mean the top of the case or what exactly?
I was wondering how you planned to route your 24 pins x2 thru from the back. Seems your gonna have to drill/cut the top portion. I have this case and event eat-x was painful unless you want to leave space on the side on the motherboard to run cables. Running them under the board isn't really an option without bending the board. Personally, I think you choose a poor case for this size of a build. This case most breathable area is from the bottom which is restricted by a rad, your also blocking half a rad with the board. You got some hot parts. I would use a case that has more volume. In your current layout I forsee bad temps. Attached pic is when I had a x370 eatx board in the case. I ended up changing my mind as I wanted a side rad and leave the bottom most breathable portion open.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	eatxboard.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	293.7 KB
ID:	268942  

Last edited by nycgtr; 05-09-2019 at 09:12 PM.
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 02:08 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by nycgtr View Post
I was wondering how you planned to route your 24 pins x2 thru from the back. Seems your gonna have to drill/cut the top portion. I have this case and event eat-x was painful unless you want to leave space on the side on the motherboard to run cables. Running them under the board isn't really an option without bending the board. Personally, I think you choose a poor case for this size of a build. This case most breathable area is from the bottom which is restricted by a rad, your also blocking half a rad with the board. You got some hot parts. I would use a case that has more volume. In your current layout I forsee bad temps. Attached pic is when I had a x370 eatx board in the case. I ended up changing my mind as I wanted a side rad and leave the bottom most breathable portion open.
Main reason outside of the looks was the space at my office as I couldn't go with something much taller.
If needed there will be mods to pass the cables (1*24pin as the 2nd isn't needed) and a bit of extra spacing so the gap on the bottom is improved so the rad/fans can breathe easier.

As for the rad next to the mobo; fans will be pushing air out of the box from the side and I don't think it should be a problem.

There is a chance I move to a V3000 instead but depends on the overall timeframe as it will be available mid-June and didn't want to push the project that far.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 07:02 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 95 (Unique: 68)
Quote: Originally Posted by FireKillerGR View Post
Main reason outside of the looks was the space at my office as I couldn't go with something much taller.
If needed there will be mods to pass the cables (1*24pin as the 2nd isn't needed) and a bit of extra spacing so the gap on the bottom is improved so the rad/fans can breathe easier.

As for the rad next to the mobo; fans will be pushing air out of the box from the side and I don't think it should be a problem.

There is a chance I move to a V3000 instead but depends on the overall timeframe as it will be available mid-June and didn't want to push the project that far.
I think there are better choices even when looking at cases of the same size. The v3000 is a good choice. That is my main case. The problem with passing wires under the board is that you will have to raise the board, which will screw the rear i/o and pcie alignment. You may be able to pass the cables thru if you remove the back shell of the dominus. However, it's just not the best of ideas in general. A couple mm of space between the rad and the board is no room to breathe.
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 08:38 AM
Force User

Rep: 26 (Unique: 23)
I say you take the 24 pin up to the space for the side rad.
I think you could find a way to route up top depending on how you have your rad and fans, or you could make a small cut in that area to accommodate your cable.

Hmmm....
-J
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 01:39 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
Subbed!
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 04:20 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by Jsunn View Post
I say you take the 24 pin up to the space for the side rad.
I think you could find a way to route up top depending on how you have your rad and fans, or you could make a small cut in that area to accommodate your cable.

Hmmm....
-J
Idea is to preset the 24Pin before mounting the mobo and the side rad and see if there are any issues.
In case this doesnt work, might either cut as you suggested or put some standoffs on the side rad just to create enough space.

In the end of the day I just need enough space for the wires and not for the 24Pin header.
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 04:26 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Was busy testing mems for the past 5 days and didn't have time for updates.

In between these have arrived:
Ballistix Elite 3600 8GB x12 Dimms
Rest 2 Crucial P 1TB drives
Lian Li PC-O11 WGX
VGA Multi-direction Adapter so the card will fit without issues.

Waiting for the fans, cables and the wc parts from EK.

Even though I was planning to go for Cablemod they told me that Greece is not listed on their EU site as shipping costs vary compared to other countries.
Which means that I would have to order from the Global store and pay more than 40% to import them (24% VAT + 50-60eu customs clearance by DHL).

In other words, I ordered via Shakmods' store instead and hoping to get them soon.

Should be able to start building next week.
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 05:52 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Update as most of the parts have finally arrived (EK parts, Front I/O Cable, Shakmods' cables); now waiting for the fans and should be able to start.

First we start with the EKWB parts:

Some Ballistix love:

Some preparation & testing was done by putting the motherboard and the rads in place.
As nycgtr said, the 24Pin can't go below the motherboard (thought that the screw spacers were taller but thats what you get for not using cases that often).
Anyhow, already got a plan to solve this.

Also, the angled front I/O was installed with a bit of modding.

Will finish this after Computex when I will be back; timelapse to be shot as well to cover as much of the stuff as possible!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in