New WCG Project - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

New WCG Project

Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-28-2017, 06:08 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: 7200 ft above sea level
Posts: 2,687

 

Saw I did a work unit of something new.  Time to get another badge :specool:

 

Quote:

Dear Volunteers,

After months of preparation, I'm pleased to announce the launch of Smash Childhood Cancer .

This new project builds on our work during the Help Fight Childhood Cancer project, which identified several chemical compounds that could potentially be made into new treatments for neuroblastoma, a common childhood cancer. Now, we are expanding our team and our goals to search for new treatments for a number of types of childhood cancer.

Volunteers like you make this work possible. We are excited to be working with World Community Grid once more, and invite you to recruit your family and friends to join us as we seek to Smash Childhood Cancer.

Thank you,

Dr. Akira Nakagawara 

Quote:I'm gonna throw in my 2 cents. Not because I'm an expert but because I have a keyboard.


bfromcolo is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-28-2017, 06:41 AM
woot
 
ondoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,909
Rep: 376 (Unique: 130)
not getting any work...

typer.gif
ondoy is offline  
post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-28-2017, 06:53 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: 7200 ft above sea level
Posts: 2,687

I have a 1/2 dozen of them now.  Maybe check your project preferences?  The site says there were 8000+ results returned yesterday, but I don't see where I can get current server status.


Quote:I'm gonna throw in my 2 cents. Not because I'm an expert but because I have a keyboard.


bfromcolo is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-28-2017, 03:10 PM
Tex1954 is offline  
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-28-2017, 08:25 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
mmonnin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 5,736
Rep: 276 (Unique: 130)
And I just got 5 years in MCM. Guess I'll have another 5 year to get.


mmonnin is offline  
post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-28-2017, 09:56 PM
Fluffy Fennec Foxes!
 
WhiteWulfe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: C-YXD (aka Edmonton, Canada)
Posts: 10,528
Rep: 167 (Unique: 123)
I got something like two dozen of them... Definitely can't complain about that.

The icon for the badge is kind of cute too, it's a HAMMER! tongue.gif

I <3 Mechanical Keyboards | Member of OCN's Headphone club
Quote:Originally Posted by xxbassplayerxx 
Don't mind Wulfe. He's writing his book one post at a time.
JägerWulfe
(19 items)
Gigadestroyer
(13 items)
CPU
Intel i7-4770K
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z87X-OC
GPU
MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G Golden Edition
RAM
G.Skill Triden-X 16GB DDR3-2400
Hard Drive
Maxtor 2TB Black
Hard Drive
Seagate 2TB SATA3
Optical Drive
LG DVD-RW
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNova 1000G2
Cooling
Cryorig R1 ultimate
Case
NZXT Phantom 820 Black
Operating System
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
Monitor
BenQ VP2210
Monitor
BenQ VP2210
Keyboard
Razer BlackWidow Ultimate
Mouse
Steel Series Worgen
Mouse
Roccat Nyth
Audio
JDS Labs O2 + ODAC Rev.B
Audio
AKG K712
Audio
Audio Technica ATH-M50X
CPU
i7 3770k
Motherboard
Maximus V Formula
GPU
EVGA GTX 780 Classified
RAM
Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz
Hard Drive
Kingston 64GB SSDnow 200
Power Supply
EVGA 1000w G2
Cooling
CoolerMaster MasterLiquid Pro 240
Case
Open Bench Table
Operating System
Windows 7 64 Bit
Monitor
Dell E2213H
Keyboard
Logitech G15 v2
Mouse
Corsair M95
Mouse
3' wide battle mat
CPU
AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition
Motherboard
Asus Crosshair IV Formula
GPU
EVGA GTX 770 SuperClocked
RAM
4x Kingston Hyperx 4GB
Hard Drive
Seagate 3TB
Power Supply
Fractal Designs Newton 600w
Cooling
Arctic Cooling Freezer 13 Pro
Case
Fractal Designs Define R4
Operating System
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
Monitor
Dynex 32" television
Keyboard
Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2013
Mouse
Logitech G700
▲ hide details ▲


WhiteWulfe is offline  
post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-29-2017, 12:56 PM
Fluffy Fennec Foxes!
 
WhiteWulfe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: C-YXD (aka Edmonton, Canada)
Posts: 10,528
Rep: 167 (Unique: 123)
Double posting because I just noticed this show up in my WUProp logs.... Apparently there's some [email protected] - Vina work being sent out to android devices ^_^

I <3 Mechanical Keyboards | Member of OCN's Headphone club
Quote:Originally Posted by xxbassplayerxx 
Don't mind Wulfe. He's writing his book one post at a time.
JägerWulfe
(19 items)
Gigadestroyer
(13 items)
CPU
Intel i7-4770K
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z87X-OC
GPU
MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G Golden Edition
RAM
G.Skill Triden-X 16GB DDR3-2400
Hard Drive
Maxtor 2TB Black
Hard Drive
Seagate 2TB SATA3
Optical Drive
LG DVD-RW
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNova 1000G2
Cooling
Cryorig R1 ultimate
Case
NZXT Phantom 820 Black
Operating System
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
Monitor
BenQ VP2210
Monitor
BenQ VP2210
Keyboard
Razer BlackWidow Ultimate
Mouse
Steel Series Worgen
Mouse
Roccat Nyth
Audio
JDS Labs O2 + ODAC Rev.B
Audio
AKG K712
Audio
Audio Technica ATH-M50X
CPU
i7 3770k
Motherboard
Maximus V Formula
GPU
EVGA GTX 780 Classified
RAM
Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz
Hard Drive
Kingston 64GB SSDnow 200
Power Supply
EVGA 1000w G2
Cooling
CoolerMaster MasterLiquid Pro 240
Case
Open Bench Table
Operating System
Windows 7 64 Bit
Monitor
Dell E2213H
Keyboard
Logitech G15 v2
Mouse
Corsair M95
Mouse
3' wide battle mat
CPU
AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition
Motherboard
Asus Crosshair IV Formula
GPU
EVGA GTX 770 SuperClocked
RAM
4x Kingston Hyperx 4GB
Hard Drive
Seagate 3TB
Power Supply
Fractal Designs Newton 600w
Cooling
Arctic Cooling Freezer 13 Pro
Case
Fractal Designs Define R4
Operating System
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
Monitor
Dynex 32" television
Keyboard
Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2013
Mouse
Logitech G700
▲ hide details ▲


WhiteWulfe is offline  
post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-25-2017, 03:01 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
emoga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 470
Rep: 29 (Unique: 14)


Not sure if this is an error or not but it looks like I'll be crunching it soon.

Knowing WCG it will probably be delayed by a month or two or ten...



emoga is offline  
post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-25-2017, 03:15 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: 7200 ft above sea level
Posts: 2,687
Quote:
Originally Posted by emoga View Post



Not sure if this is an error or not but it looks like I'll be crunching it soon.

Knowing WCG it will probably be delayed by a month or two or ten...

 

This has been in the mix for the last month.  I have my silver badge in it, should hit gold in a few days.  I guess if that 26% is project completion percentage is accurate, they only have a few months to go unless they release additional work.  But it seems like that number has been bouncing around some. Hopefully they add more work.

 

https://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/forums/wcg/viewthread_thread,39805_offset,10


Quote:I'm gonna throw in my 2 cents. Not because I'm an expert but because I have a keyboard.


bfromcolo is offline  
post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-26-2017, 08:36 AM
Not new to Overclock.net
 
k4m1k4z3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Virginia, USA
Posts: 5,072
Rep: 243 (Unique: 187)
I have my emerald badge already. I will be throwing some more CPU cycles at this thumb.gif

I wonder how well Ryzen will perform for BOINC applications... I wouldn't mind adding 16 more well performing threads to my farm.



k4m1k4z3 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off