Project News - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Project News

Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #11 of 137 (permalink) Old 03-29-2018, 05:41 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
Finrond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 2,783
Rep: 55
aw man, I like pogs! Need more science-y projects!



Finrond is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 137 (permalink) Old 03-29-2018, 11:58 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
 
emoga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 470
Rep: 29
There is a month long challenge in Pogs called the "2nd Annual April Showers Crunch-athon"

I signed up. If anyone wants to join in the fun here is the link.

Quote:
It's time for round two! Let's see how much we can strain those servers and rain down some power on these tasks!

~Devlin85



emoga is offline  
post #13 of 137 (permalink) Old 03-30-2018, 05:39 PM
Fluffy Fennec Foxes!
 
WhiteWulfe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: C-YXD (aka Edmonton, Canada)
Posts: 10,506
Rep: 165
Quote: Originally Posted by emoga View Post
There is a month long challenge in Pogs called the "2nd Annual April Showers Crunch-athon"

I signed up. If anyone wants to join in the fun here is the link.
Sure, why not. Signed up as well!

I <3 Mechanical Keyboards | Member of OCN's Headphone club
Quote:Originally Posted by xxbassplayerxx 
Don't mind Wulfe. He's writing his book one post at a time.
JägerWulfe
(19 items)
Gigadestroyer
(13 items)
CPU
Intel i7-4770K
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z87X-OC
GPU
MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G Golden Edition
RAM
G.Skill Triden-X 16GB DDR3-2400
Hard Drive
Maxtor 2TB Black
Hard Drive
Seagate 2TB SATA3
Optical Drive
LG DVD-RW
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNova 1000G2
Cooling
Cryorig R1 ultimate
Case
NZXT Phantom 820 Black
Operating System
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
Monitor
BenQ VP2210
Monitor
BenQ VP2210
Keyboard
Razer BlackWidow Ultimate
Mouse
Steel Series Worgen
Mouse
Roccat Nyth
Audio
JDS Labs O2 + ODAC Rev.B
Audio
AKG K712
Audio
Audio Technica ATH-M50X
CPU
i7 3770k
Motherboard
Maximus V Formula
GPU
EVGA GTX 780 Classified
RAM
Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz
Hard Drive
Kingston 64GB SSDnow 200
Power Supply
EVGA 1000w G2
Cooling
CoolerMaster MasterLiquid Pro 240
Case
Open Bench Table
Operating System
Windows 7 64 Bit
Monitor
Dell E2213H
Keyboard
Logitech G15 v2
Mouse
Corsair M95
Mouse
3' wide battle mat
CPU
AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition
Motherboard
Asus Crosshair IV Formula
GPU
EVGA GTX 770 SuperClocked
RAM
4x Kingston Hyperx 4GB
Hard Drive
Seagate 3TB
Power Supply
Fractal Designs Newton 600w
Cooling
Arctic Cooling Freezer 13 Pro
Case
Fractal Designs Define R4
Operating System
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
Monitor
Dynex 32" television
Keyboard
Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2013
Mouse
Logitech G700
▲ hide details ▲


WhiteWulfe is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #14 of 137 (permalink) Old 03-31-2018, 06:02 AM
Tex1954 is offline  
post #15 of 137 (permalink) Old 03-31-2018, 09:32 AM
2+2=5
 
tictoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 4,287
I'm in, and POGs will be one of the POTM for April.


BOINC||Join OCN BOINC Team||My BOINC Stats||
[email protected]||Join OCN [email protected] Team||My [email protected] Stats||
TickTockArch
(10 items)
TickTockCruncher
(18 items)
TickTock4
(12 items)
CPU
AMD Ryzen 7 1700
Motherboard
Asus Prime X370-Pro
GPU
MSI GTX 1070 SeaHawk EK
GPU
Radeon RX Vega 64
RAM
Crucial Ballistix Sport
Hard Drive
Adata XPG 8200
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNova 1300 G2
Cooling
Watercool Heatkiller IV Basic Acetal
Cooling
EK-FC Radeon Vega Acetal+Nickel
Operating System
Arch Linux
CPU
intel E5-2670 v2 ES
CPU
intel E5-2670 v2 ES
Motherboard
AsRock EP2C602-4L/D16
GPU
EVGA GTX 1070 SC
GPU
Sapphire R9 290
GPU
Sapphire R9 290
GPU
NVIDIA GTX 980 Classified Kingpin Edition
RAM
Samsung ECC 1866 MHz
Hard Drive
SanDisk Extreme PRO
Hard Drive
SanDisk SSD Plus
Power Supply
EVGA 1000 G2
Cooling
Watercool Heatkiller IV Pro Acetal Clean x2
Cooling
EK-FC R9-290X x2
Operating System
Arch Linux
Monitor
Dell Ultrashrp U3415W
Keyboard
Max Keyboard Blackbird
Mouse
Logitech MX Master
Other
Seasonic X-760
CPU
intel i7-4790k @ 4.8 GHz
Motherboard
ASUS Maximus VI IMPACT
GPU
XFX R9 Fury X
RAM
Crucial Ballistix Tactical ulp
Hard Drive
Crucial M500
Hard Drive
Crucial MX200
Power Supply
Seasonic X-1050
Cooling
Watercool Heatkiller IV Pro Intel
Cooling
EK-FC R9 Fury X
Case
Thermaltake Core X5
Operating System
Arch Linux
Monitor
Headless
▲ hide details ▲


tictoc is offline  
post #16 of 137 (permalink) Old 04-01-2018, 07:49 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: 7200 ft above sea level
Posts: 2,582
Sorry to hear POGs might be done soon. So many trophies.

I guess it's too late to sign up for the challenge, I went to the link but there is no sign up link.

Quote:I'm gonna throw in my 2 cents. Not because I'm an expert but because I have a keyboard.


bfromcolo is online now  
post #17 of 137 (permalink) Old 04-01-2018, 02:42 PM
Fluffy Fennec Foxes!
 
WhiteWulfe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: C-YXD (aka Edmonton, Canada)
Posts: 10,506
Rep: 165
Quote: Originally Posted by bfromcolo View Post
Sorry to hear POGs might be done soon. So many trophies.

I guess it's too late to sign up for the challenge, I went to the link but there is no sign up link.
Looks like late entries aren't allowed, so that's probably why.

I <3 Mechanical Keyboards | Member of OCN's Headphone club
Quote:Originally Posted by xxbassplayerxx 
Don't mind Wulfe. He's writing his book one post at a time.
JägerWulfe
(19 items)
Gigadestroyer
(13 items)
CPU
Intel i7-4770K
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z87X-OC
GPU
MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G Golden Edition
RAM
G.Skill Triden-X 16GB DDR3-2400
Hard Drive
Maxtor 2TB Black
Hard Drive
Seagate 2TB SATA3
Optical Drive
LG DVD-RW
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNova 1000G2
Cooling
Cryorig R1 ultimate
Case
NZXT Phantom 820 Black
Operating System
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
Monitor
BenQ VP2210
Monitor
BenQ VP2210
Keyboard
Razer BlackWidow Ultimate
Mouse
Steel Series Worgen
Mouse
Roccat Nyth
Audio
JDS Labs O2 + ODAC Rev.B
Audio
AKG K712
Audio
Audio Technica ATH-M50X
CPU
i7 3770k
Motherboard
Maximus V Formula
GPU
EVGA GTX 780 Classified
RAM
Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz
Hard Drive
Kingston 64GB SSDnow 200
Power Supply
EVGA 1000w G2
Cooling
CoolerMaster MasterLiquid Pro 240
Case
Open Bench Table
Operating System
Windows 7 64 Bit
Monitor
Dell E2213H
Keyboard
Logitech G15 v2
Mouse
Corsair M95
Mouse
3' wide battle mat
CPU
AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition
Motherboard
Asus Crosshair IV Formula
GPU
EVGA GTX 770 SuperClocked
RAM
4x Kingston Hyperx 4GB
Hard Drive
Seagate 3TB
Power Supply
Fractal Designs Newton 600w
Cooling
Arctic Cooling Freezer 13 Pro
Case
Fractal Designs Define R4
Operating System
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
Monitor
Dynex 32" television
Keyboard
Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2013
Mouse
Logitech G700
▲ hide details ▲


WhiteWulfe is offline  
post #18 of 137 (permalink) Old 04-02-2018, 12:42 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
 
emoga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 470
Rep: 29
Looks like some possible cheating went on with Collatz Conjecture?...

Quote:
Project Down Until...
It seems a few people have come up with a way to game the system. Until I figure out what damage they have done and how many thousands of work units need to be re-issued, the daemons are shut down. You should still be able to return any completed work units and they will eventually be validated and credit given if valid, but no new work units will be sent until new applications and server daemons have been developed.



emoga is offline  
post #19 of 137 (permalink) Old 04-02-2018, 01:00 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: 7200 ft above sea level
Posts: 2,582
Why would anyone cheat at Collatz? I read this is in the related thread at the message board. I don't know how Grid Coin works, could someone benefit by posting more points?

Quote:
What is up with Team Gridcoin Group Name grcpool.com-3

5 Seconds of work and they get Credit of 320,000.00

Quote:I'm gonna throw in my 2 cents. Not because I'm an expert but because I have a keyboard.


bfromcolo is online now  
post #20 of 137 (permalink) Old 04-02-2018, 01:17 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
mmonnin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 5,527
Rep: 265
I was just about to post that.

More points = more money. I've had CSG wingman from gridcoin return tasks WAAY too fast. Basically as if they were on a GPU but were all invalid.

Points for the project nearly doubled yesterday:
http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=proj&proj=col

Looks like they were trying to spread it out to now make their RAC so high:
http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?p...l&name=1584175

925mil yesterday from a GTX 760.



Last edited by mmonnin; 04-02-2018 at 01:25 PM.
mmonnin is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off