Project News - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Project News

post #21 of 193 (permalink) Old 04-03-2018, 03:24 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 282 (Unique: 135)
I noticed a new team sky rocketing up the charts in Rosetta called BiblePay. It looks like its a Blockchain PoW team that currently only runs Rosetta. 10% of the biblepay coins (BBP) are sent to charities. It is CPU only and to make it ASIC and GPU resistant they use a "mining-algorithm is called Proof of Bible Hash, and it is unique in that every miner has the entire KJV Bible integrated." So I guess it requires some space to make it GPU resistant?

Searching for the team I found a WCG team that is only a few days old but its not linked to the Rosetta team. Biblepay vs BiblePay.
http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?p...&team=Biblepay

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 193 (permalink) Old 04-03-2018, 02:47 PM
New to Overclock.net

SZTAKI Desktop Grid is ending:
http://szdg.lpds.sztaki.hu/szdg/

Quote:
News
Project closes on May 31
April 03, 2018, 15:30 CET
SZTAKI Desktop Grid is going to close down officially on May 31. We will try to keep the server open as long as possible afterwards if needed, so all in-progress work units can be finished. Next, the project home page will be replaced by a static site containing the description and results for the applications of the project, and will be updated when we get new results from the scientists. We would like to thank you for your support and dedication for SZDG throughout the years!
There was a burst of work a few days ago after being down for a long time. By the time I saw the WUProp message it was all gone. I've only been able to get a task or two once in awhile since. Probably resends.

post #23 of 193 (permalink) Old 04-03-2018, 07:35 PM
⤷ αC

Rep: 904 (Unique: 590)
Quote: Originally Posted by mmonnin View Post
I was just about to post that.

More points = more money. I've had CSG wingman from gridcoin return tasks WAAY too fast. Basically as if they were on a GPU but were all invalid.

Points for the project nearly doubled yesterday:
http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=proj&proj=col

Looks like they were trying to spread it out to now make their RAC so high:
http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?p...l&name=1584175

925mil yesterday from a GTX 760.
It's despicable but at least the Collatz project is not an essential project. It would be far worse if it was LHC...

Collatz should reevaluate their quorum and WU validation.

► Recommended GPU Projects: [email protected] , [email protected] (FP64) (AMD moreso) ► Other notable GPU projects: [email protected] (Nvidia), GPUGrid (Nvidia) ► Project list

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 193 (permalink) Old 04-03-2018, 07:57 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by AlphaC View Post
It's despicable but at least the Collatz project is not an essential project. It would be far worse if it was LHC...

Collatz should reevaluate their quorum and WU validation.
The admin mentioned quorums and encryption here. Encryption to stop the cryptominers.

Quote:
A quorum only works if all machines use the same settings which means no optimization of sieve size which means using a sieve small enough for the really old GPUs with 16 meg of RAM can run it (e.g. nVidia 8400GS) . That wouldn't be good for new GPUs.

So what needs to happen is that the WUs need to be encrypted as well as the checkpoint files along with anti-tampering checks to make sure that the checkpoint file belongs to the WU being crunched and hasn't been edited since it was last updated by the app. That means creating new applications and all the server daemons that create, validate, grant credit, etc.

It also means going back through hundreds of gigabytes of result data to try and figure out when the impossibly fast machines first started sending results like that back and regenerating all those work units.

post #25 of 193 (permalink) Old 04-04-2018, 08:43 AM
New to Overclock.net

Looks like the admin took down collatz project. The forums are even down. Filtering the gridpool-3 hosts by those with that GTX 760 and that driver I had found 163 hosts totaling 7.7bil+ points. All active hosts of gridpool-3 during that time had 14billion.

post #26 of 193 (permalink) Old 04-04-2018, 02:47 PM
New to Overclock.net

Since VGTU is the BOINC Spring I saw this on their forums. Always good to see some results come from crunching.

Quote:
Dear VGTU [email protected] users,

We are constantly working on the current research problem.

Although, you don’t see changes in the client applications (versions are the same), generation of work and assimilation/processing of the results are changed from time to time.

After one of such changes, the bug was introduced into generation of tasks (workunits). We believe that we have fixed this bug in work generator on Monday, March 12. It seems that there are no problems with the tasks/workunits generated since then. However, some older erroneous work units may still be there… We don’t know exactly which to cancel them. Don’t worry, no time is lost: application simply fails to start and generates ERR_TOO_MANY_EXITS error after some number of trials.

The good news is that we have started to write a draft of the paper on the current research using our BOINC project.

With best regards,
The Project Team.

post #27 of 193 (permalink) Old 04-07-2018, 05:53 PM
New to Overclock.net

New [email protected] CPU App:
https://einsteinathome.org/content/g...rch-o2as20-500

Quote: Originally Posted by Bernd Machenschalk
Following the "tuning" run, we have just launched the actual analysis run for the full frequency range. This will be [email protected]'s first analysis of data from the second Observation Run of the LIGO detectors, and search the whole sky, covering the frequencies 20-500Hz.

We'll leave the workunit generation run somewhat throttled over the weekend and ramp it up next week (unless we see signs of serious trouble).

Also validation will be suspended until we got back the first results and are back ourselves at our desks to monitor the validator.
Seems to be some issues so far without any completed/successful results.

post #28 of 193 (permalink) Old 04-07-2018, 06:38 PM
2+2=5

The first round was a success, so I am hopeful that they will iron out any issues with this larger data set and the new app. I am always tempted to throw a CPU at Einstein, since that is where many of the interesting new applications are run first. In the end, I am still a bit of a glutton for points, so I crunch Einstein on my GPU.

If anyone is interested in what Einstein is doing, or likes to see some positive results from all your crunching, check out the Publication and Press links on the Einstein site. [email protected] Publications and Press: https://einsteinathome.org/science/publications | https://einsteinathome.org/news/press

post #29 of 193 (permalink) Old 04-07-2018, 07:05 PM
New to Overclock.net

I'm just running it on a Q66 for the hours.

post #30 of 193 (permalink) Old 04-10-2018, 10:11 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 29 (Unique: 14)
Quote: Originally Posted by tictoc View Post
I am always tempted to throw a CPU at Einstein, since that is where many of the interesting new applications are run first.

I've been running a couple for the hours. Seems like 15-16 hours for a threadripper. I don't use the screensaver anymore, but I love using the 'show graphic' button every once in a while to see whats going on.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in