Project News - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Project News

Old 03-06-2017, 09:55 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
emoga Level 1

Project News

PrimeGrid: TRP-Sieve Ending

Quote:It took longer than we anticipated, but we're moving forward now with our plans to complete the TRP-Sieve. Our rough estimate is that it will take about a month or two to reach optimal sieving depth.

I suspect most folks already did their "final badge hunting" when we first announced this back in August and September, but if you want to push for that next TRP-Sieve badge, now is the time to do it!

More details and discussion can be found in this forum thread.

Last edited by emoga; 03-28-2018 at 10:38 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2017, 07:59 AM
Fluffy Fennec Foxes!
WhiteWulfe is an unknown quantity at this point WhiteWulfe is an unknown quantity at this point

Hmmmmmm, to keep mine at bronze, or to actually try and get it to at least silver... Tough call. Eh, why not ^_^

I <3 Mechanical Keyboards | Member of OCN's Headphone club
Quote:Originally Posted by xxbassplayerxx 
Don't mind Wulfe. He's writing his book one post at a time.
JägerWulfe
(19 items)
Gigadestroyer
(13 items)
CPU
Intel i7-4770K
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z87X-OC
GPU
MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G Golden Edition
RAM
G.Skill Triden-X 16GB DDR3-2400
Hard Drive
Maxtor 2TB Black
Hard Drive
Seagate 2TB SATA3
Optical Drive
LG DVD-RW
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNova 1000G2
Cooling
Cryorig R1 ultimate
Case
NZXT Phantom 820 Black
Operating System
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
Monitor
BenQ VP2210
Monitor
BenQ VP2210
Keyboard
Razer BlackWidow Ultimate
Mouse
Steel Series Worgen
Mouse
Roccat Nyth
Audio
JDS Labs O2 + ODAC Rev.B
Audio
AKG K712
Audio
Audio Technica ATH-M50X
CPU
i7 3770k
Motherboard
Maximus V Formula
GPU
EVGA GTX 780 Classified
RAM
Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz
Hard Drive
Kingston 64GB SSDnow 200
Power Supply
EVGA 1000w G2
Cooling
CoolerMaster MasterLiquid Pro 240
Case
Open Bench Table
Operating System
Windows 7 64 Bit
Monitor
Dell E2213H
Keyboard
Logitech G15 v2
Mouse
Corsair M95
Mouse
3' wide battle mat
CPU
AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition
Motherboard
Asus Crosshair IV Formula
GPU
EVGA GTX 770 SuperClocked
RAM
4x Kingston Hyperx 4GB
Hard Drive
Seagate 3TB
Power Supply
Fractal Designs Newton 600w
Cooling
Arctic Cooling Freezer 13 Pro
Case
Fractal Designs Define R4
Operating System
Monitor
Dynex 32" television
Keyboard
Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2013
Mouse
Logitech G700
▲ hide details ▲

Old 03-28-2018, 10:50 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
emoga Level 1

Looks like [email protected] has a new app "Minimum Discriminant Septics"

Here is some additional information:
Quote:
1. This search is expected to run for only 5 to 6 months (but could take longer).
2. It will run side-by-side with the current decic app.
3. It will only support the 64bit Windows and 64 bit Linux platforms.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2018, 04:44 PM
New to Overclock.net
mmonnin has a spectacular aura about mmonnin has a spectacular aura about mmonnin has a spectacular aura about mmonnin has a spectacular aura about mmonnin has a spectacular aura about mmonnin has a spectacular aura about mmonnin has a spectacular aura about mmonnin has a spectacular aura about mmonnin has a spectacular aura about mmonnin has a spectacular aura about mmonnin has a spectacular aura about

I've ran some in Ubuntu 17.04 and Win7 and they seem fine. All valid.

Old 03-28-2018, 04:52 PM
New to Overclock.net
mmonnin has a spectacular aura about mmonnin has a spectacular aura about mmonnin has a spectacular aura about mmonnin has a spectacular aura about mmonnin has a spectacular aura about mmonnin has a spectacular aura about mmonnin has a spectacular aura about mmonnin has a spectacular aura about mmonnin has a spectacular aura about mmonnin has a spectacular aura about mmonnin has a spectacular aura about

This is the kind of thread I need. VS posting individual threads.

Beta Testing badge from the Denis project. It looks like a BOINC symbol with a B T letters inside. Obviously a lot smaller for badges.

Quote:
Dear volunteers,
The role of beta tester is crucial for the development of this project. They compute when errors can easily occur and risking not getting a reward in the form of credits. From today, we want to thank all these volunteers a little more for their work and we want to do it in a public way. We have added a new badge for Beta testers and a new classification with the credit obtained in beta applications (http://denis.usj.es/denisathome/top_beta_users.php). Now you can identify them easily.

Thank you very much for your commitment to the project.

Best,
Jesús.

Old 03-28-2018, 04:53 PM
New to Overclock.net

I saw this post on Duchamp forums awhile back saying POGs is processing extra data now. POGs could be ending this year.

Quote:
I'm not completely sure about POGS at this point, but Kevin has mentioned a few times that everything that he's wanted POGS to process has already been processed, and we're just processing bonus data now (which in itself isn't a bad thing, in astrophysics more data is always a benefit). It seems likely to me that it'll be wrapping up sometime later this year.

As for theSkyNet in general, I'll probably still be performing basic maintenance on POGS, Sourcefinder, and theSkyNet.org while they're still up. I don't know if there's a plan to keep theSkyNet.org running after all the projects are eventually shut down, though. They might decide to shut down the website once both POGS and Sourcefinder have ended.

I also don't want this to be seen as a "thanks for the work, now goodbye" situation. I'm certainly going to be making the contributor's list webpage (which might replace sourcefinder.theskynet.org in the future) that lists all people who've contributed to this project, and is referenced in any publications that come about because of the work done here. I'd also like to do the same for POGS when that eventually shuts down, too. You've all contributed a lot of time and energy to both this project and POGS, and I don't want that to go unacknowledged.
https://sourcefinder.theskynet.org/d...stid=1282#1282

POGs admin:
https://sourcefinder.theskynet.org/d...stid=1298#1298

Quote:
I try to share any information about POGS, Sourcefinder and theSkyNet with everyone whenever it becomes available to me. Sometimes, I get told one thing one day, then another thing a few weeks later. Organisation is sometimes a bit all over the place.

Also, the website has been on life support for a while. I've had to set up an automated script to restart it every few hours because the webserver would keep crashing. I never had time to sit down and properly work out why (the website code is pretty large, and it's in Ruby which is a language I'm not very familiar with). When I get a chance, I'll see if something repairable has happened and I'll try and get the site back up and running.

I'm also not sure how long Kevin intends to keep running POGS. I'll see if I can get an estimate of how long he plans on continuing it before finally shutting the project down. I've only been told that he's processed everything he wanted to, and that POGS is now processing bonus data.

Old 03-28-2018, 05:47 PM
Fluffy Fennec Foxes!
WhiteWulfe is an unknown quantity at this point WhiteWulfe is an unknown quantity at this point

Nuooooo, not POGS.... Not my main non-cancer related one.... >.>;;;;

I <3 Mechanical Keyboards | Member of OCN's Headphone club
Quote:Originally Posted by xxbassplayerxx 
Don't mind Wulfe. He's writing his book one post at a time.
JägerWulfe
(19 items)
Gigadestroyer
(13 items)
CPU
Intel i7-4770K
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z87X-OC
GPU
MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G Golden Edition
RAM
G.Skill Triden-X 16GB DDR3-2400
Hard Drive
Maxtor 2TB Black
Hard Drive
Seagate 2TB SATA3
Optical Drive
LG DVD-RW
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNova 1000G2
Cooling
Cryorig R1 ultimate
Case
NZXT Phantom 820 Black
Operating System
Monitor
BenQ VP2210
Monitor
BenQ VP2210
Keyboard
Razer BlackWidow Ultimate
Mouse
Steel Series Worgen
Mouse
Roccat Nyth
Audio
JDS Labs O2 + ODAC Rev.B
Audio
AKG K712
Audio
Audio Technica ATH-M50X
CPU
i7 3770k
Motherboard
Maximus V Formula
GPU
EVGA GTX 780 Classified
RAM
Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz
Hard Drive
Kingston 64GB SSDnow 200
Power Supply
EVGA 1000w G2
Cooling
CoolerMaster MasterLiquid Pro 240
Case
Open Bench Table
Operating System
Windows 7 64 Bit
Monitor
Dell E2213H
Keyboard
Logitech G15 v2
Mouse
Corsair M95
Mouse
3' wide battle mat
CPU
AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition
Motherboard
Asus Crosshair IV Formula
GPU
EVGA GTX 770 SuperClocked
RAM
4x Kingston Hyperx 4GB
Hard Drive
Seagate 3TB
Power Supply
Fractal Designs Newton 600w
Cooling
Arctic Cooling Freezer 13 Pro
Case
Fractal Designs Define R4
Operating System
Monitor
Dynex 32" television
Keyboard
Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2013
Mouse
Logitech G700
▲ hide details ▲

Old 03-28-2018, 07:58 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
emoga Level 1

Shame about Pogs. I always enjoyed viewing the different galaxies that my computers were working on

Old 03-28-2018, 08:18 PM
New to Overclock.net

When I read it I thought it would be good to have it as a POTM before it might end.

Old 03-28-2018, 09:22 PM
⤷ αC
AlphaC has a spectacular aura about AlphaC has a spectacular aura about AlphaC has a spectacular aura about AlphaC has a spectacular aura about AlphaC has a spectacular aura about AlphaC has a spectacular aura about AlphaC has a spectacular aura about AlphaC has a spectacular aura about AlphaC has a spectacular aura about AlphaC has a spectacular aura about AlphaC has a spectacular aura about

But I need to reach 10 Million!

► Recommended GPU Projects: [email protected] , [email protected] (FP64) (AMD moreso) ► Other notable GPU projects: [email protected] (Nvidia), GPUGrid (Nvidia) ► Project list

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in