Must be the week for new math projects. - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Must be the week for new math projects.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-07-2017, 07:02 AM - Thread Starter
Fluffy Fennec Foxes!
 
WhiteWulfe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: C-YXD (aka Edmonton, Canada)
Posts: 10,519
Rep: 167 (Unique: 123)
[email protected] started up recently, and it's apparently a project for finding symmetric prime k-tuples.

http://stop.inferia.ru/

I <3 Mechanical Keyboards | Member of OCN's Headphone club
Quote:Originally Posted by xxbassplayerxx 
Don't mind Wulfe. He's writing his book one post at a time.
JägerWulfe
(19 items)
Gigadestroyer
(13 items)
CPU
Intel i7-4770K
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z87X-OC
GPU
MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G Golden Edition
RAM
G.Skill Triden-X 16GB DDR3-2400
Hard Drive
Maxtor 2TB Black
Hard Drive
Seagate 2TB SATA3
Optical Drive
LG DVD-RW
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNova 1000G2
Cooling
Cryorig R1 ultimate
Case
NZXT Phantom 820 Black
Operating System
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
Monitor
BenQ VP2210
Monitor
BenQ VP2210
Keyboard
Razer BlackWidow Ultimate
Mouse
Steel Series Worgen
Mouse
Roccat Nyth
Audio
JDS Labs O2 + ODAC Rev.B
Audio
AKG K712
Audio
Audio Technica ATH-M50X
CPU
i7 3770k
Motherboard
Maximus V Formula
GPU
EVGA GTX 780 Classified
RAM
Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz
Hard Drive
Kingston 64GB SSDnow 200
Power Supply
EVGA 1000w G2
Cooling
CoolerMaster MasterLiquid Pro 240
Case
Open Bench Table
Operating System
Windows 7 64 Bit
Monitor
Dell E2213H
Keyboard
Logitech G15 v2
Mouse
Corsair M95
Mouse
3' wide battle mat
CPU
AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition
Motherboard
Asus Crosshair IV Formula
GPU
EVGA GTX 770 SuperClocked
RAM
4x Kingston Hyperx 4GB
Hard Drive
Seagate 3TB
Power Supply
Fractal Designs Newton 600w
Cooling
Arctic Cooling Freezer 13 Pro
Case
Fractal Designs Define R4
Operating System
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
Monitor
Dynex 32" television
Keyboard
Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2013
Mouse
Logitech G700
▲ hide details ▲


WhiteWulfe is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-07-2017, 12:14 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
Finrond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 2,788
Rep: 55 (Unique: 42)
HA, stop started HAHAHA.



Finrond is offline  
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-07-2017, 01:17 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
emoga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 470
Rep: 29 (Unique: 14)
Another worthless math project?...or 3 easy WUProp Stars? wink.gif




emoga is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-07-2017, 01:31 PM - Thread Starter
Fluffy Fennec Foxes!
 
WhiteWulfe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: C-YXD (aka Edmonton, Canada)
Posts: 10,519
Rep: 167 (Unique: 123)
Quote:
Originally Posted by emoga View Post

Another worthless math project?...or 3 easy WUProp Stars? wink.gif


Oooooh, with it being looked at that way.... I have a distinct feeling it'll be added into the mix on my rig in rather short order. Just working on some PrimeGrid ones right now - TRP Sieve is boring though, since they take around 9 hours each.

I <3 Mechanical Keyboards | Member of OCN's Headphone club
Quote:Originally Posted by xxbassplayerxx 
Don't mind Wulfe. He's writing his book one post at a time.
JägerWulfe
(19 items)
Gigadestroyer
(13 items)
CPU
Intel i7-4770K
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z87X-OC
GPU
MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G Golden Edition
RAM
G.Skill Triden-X 16GB DDR3-2400
Hard Drive
Maxtor 2TB Black
Hard Drive
Seagate 2TB SATA3
Optical Drive
LG DVD-RW
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNova 1000G2
Cooling
Cryorig R1 ultimate
Case
NZXT Phantom 820 Black
Operating System
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
Monitor
BenQ VP2210
Monitor
BenQ VP2210
Keyboard
Razer BlackWidow Ultimate
Mouse
Steel Series Worgen
Mouse
Roccat Nyth
Audio
JDS Labs O2 + ODAC Rev.B
Audio
AKG K712
Audio
Audio Technica ATH-M50X
CPU
i7 3770k
Motherboard
Maximus V Formula
GPU
EVGA GTX 780 Classified
RAM
Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz
Hard Drive
Kingston 64GB SSDnow 200
Power Supply
EVGA 1000w G2
Cooling
CoolerMaster MasterLiquid Pro 240
Case
Open Bench Table
Operating System
Windows 7 64 Bit
Monitor
Dell E2213H
Keyboard
Logitech G15 v2
Mouse
Corsair M95
Mouse
3' wide battle mat
CPU
AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition
Motherboard
Asus Crosshair IV Formula
GPU
EVGA GTX 770 SuperClocked
RAM
4x Kingston Hyperx 4GB
Hard Drive
Seagate 3TB
Power Supply
Fractal Designs Newton 600w
Cooling
Arctic Cooling Freezer 13 Pro
Case
Fractal Designs Define R4
Operating System
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
Monitor
Dynex 32" television
Keyboard
Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2013
Mouse
Logitech G700
▲ hide details ▲


WhiteWulfe is offline  
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-07-2017, 01:44 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
emoga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 470
Rep: 29 (Unique: 14)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWulfe View Post

they take around 9 hours each.

Only 9 hrs? tongue.gif


You're right though, PrimeGrid is one of those delayed gratification projects.



emoga is offline  
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-07-2017, 02:13 PM
Not new to Overclock.net
 
k4m1k4z3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Virginia, USA
Posts: 5,011
Rep: 241 (Unique: 186)
To give an idea on the frequency of getting the different types of units; in wuprop I have so far 83.58 hrs of LM, 15.07 on MM, and 7.23 hrs on HM.



k4m1k4z3 is offline  
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-07-2017, 02:15 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
emoga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 470
Rep: 29 (Unique: 14)
Just a heads up the HM workunits are using over 1G per task, the MM around 500MB, LM around 200MB
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)



emoga is offline  
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-07-2017, 03:39 PM - Thread Starter
Fluffy Fennec Foxes!
 
WhiteWulfe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: C-YXD (aka Edmonton, Canada)
Posts: 10,519
Rep: 167 (Unique: 123)
Quote:
Originally Posted by emoga View Post

Only 9 hrs? tongue.gif


You're right though, PrimeGrid is one of those delayed gratification projects.

Yeah, mine was around 7 or 8 days... I don't quite remember how long, but yeaaaaah, it took it's time that's for sure. Right now though PrimeGrid for me is just those last few badges I don't have or WUProp stars, and then it's onto some of the other math ones for a bit.

...I'll admit - while four stars WUProp is kind of something I'd like, I'm actually rather tempted by the idea of getting five, and then changing my focus for projects to a few core ones alongside the POTM's ^_^

I <3 Mechanical Keyboards | Member of OCN's Headphone club
Quote:Originally Posted by xxbassplayerxx 
Don't mind Wulfe. He's writing his book one post at a time.
JägerWulfe
(19 items)
Gigadestroyer
(13 items)
CPU
Intel i7-4770K
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z87X-OC
GPU
MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G Golden Edition
RAM
G.Skill Triden-X 16GB DDR3-2400
Hard Drive
Maxtor 2TB Black
Hard Drive
Seagate 2TB SATA3
Optical Drive
LG DVD-RW
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNova 1000G2
Cooling
Cryorig R1 ultimate
Case
NZXT Phantom 820 Black
Operating System
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
Monitor
BenQ VP2210
Monitor
BenQ VP2210
Keyboard
Razer BlackWidow Ultimate
Mouse
Steel Series Worgen
Mouse
Roccat Nyth
Audio
JDS Labs O2 + ODAC Rev.B
Audio
AKG K712
Audio
Audio Technica ATH-M50X
CPU
i7 3770k
Motherboard
Maximus V Formula
GPU
EVGA GTX 780 Classified
RAM
Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz
Hard Drive
Kingston 64GB SSDnow 200
Power Supply
EVGA 1000w G2
Cooling
CoolerMaster MasterLiquid Pro 240
Case
Open Bench Table
Operating System
Windows 7 64 Bit
Monitor
Dell E2213H
Keyboard
Logitech G15 v2
Mouse
Corsair M95
Mouse
3' wide battle mat
CPU
AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition
Motherboard
Asus Crosshair IV Formula
GPU
EVGA GTX 770 SuperClocked
RAM
4x Kingston Hyperx 4GB
Hard Drive
Seagate 3TB
Power Supply
Fractal Designs Newton 600w
Cooling
Arctic Cooling Freezer 13 Pro
Case
Fractal Designs Define R4
Operating System
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
Monitor
Dynex 32" television
Keyboard
Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2013
Mouse
Logitech G700
▲ hide details ▲


WhiteWulfe is offline  
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-07-2017, 04:54 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
mmonnin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 5,589
Rep: 268 (Unique: 129)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWulfe View Post

Yeah, mine was around 7 or 8 days... I don't quite remember how long, but yeaaaaah, it took it's time that's for sure. Right now though PrimeGrid for me is just those last few badges I don't have or WUProp stars, and then it's onto some of the other math ones for a bit.

...I'll admit - while four stars WUProp is kind of something I'd like, I'm actually rather tempted by the idea of getting five, and then changing my focus for projects to a few core ones alongside the POTM's ^_^

I've been running 8 tasks on my 3770k but limiting the exe files to 4 cores with the [email protected] GPU units take the other 4. Same work gets done in the end but I get more WUProp hours. biggrin.gif


mmonnin is online now  
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-14-2017, 05:12 AM - Thread Starter
Fluffy Fennec Foxes!
 
WhiteWulfe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: C-YXD (aka Edmonton, Canada)
Posts: 10,519
Rep: 167 (Unique: 123)
@tictoc It would seem we don't have a team created for this one yet ^_^;;

I <3 Mechanical Keyboards | Member of OCN's Headphone club
Quote:Originally Posted by xxbassplayerxx 
Don't mind Wulfe. He's writing his book one post at a time.
JägerWulfe
(19 items)
Gigadestroyer
(13 items)
CPU
Intel i7-4770K
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z87X-OC
GPU
MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G Golden Edition
RAM
G.Skill Triden-X 16GB DDR3-2400
Hard Drive
Maxtor 2TB Black
Hard Drive
Seagate 2TB SATA3
Optical Drive
LG DVD-RW
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNova 1000G2
Cooling
Cryorig R1 ultimate
Case
NZXT Phantom 820 Black
Operating System
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
Monitor
BenQ VP2210
Monitor
BenQ VP2210
Keyboard
Razer BlackWidow Ultimate
Mouse
Steel Series Worgen
Mouse
Roccat Nyth
Audio
JDS Labs O2 + ODAC Rev.B
Audio
AKG K712
Audio
Audio Technica ATH-M50X
CPU
i7 3770k
Motherboard
Maximus V Formula
GPU
EVGA GTX 780 Classified
RAM
Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz
Hard Drive
Kingston 64GB SSDnow 200
Power Supply
EVGA 1000w G2
Cooling
CoolerMaster MasterLiquid Pro 240
Case
Open Bench Table
Operating System
Windows 7 64 Bit
Monitor
Dell E2213H
Keyboard
Logitech G15 v2
Mouse
Corsair M95
Mouse
3' wide battle mat
CPU
AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition
Motherboard
Asus Crosshair IV Formula
GPU
EVGA GTX 770 SuperClocked
RAM
4x Kingston Hyperx 4GB
Hard Drive
Seagate 3TB
Power Supply
Fractal Designs Newton 600w
Cooling
Arctic Cooling Freezer 13 Pro
Case
Fractal Designs Define R4
Operating System
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
Monitor
Dynex 32" television
Keyboard
Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2013
Mouse
Logitech G700
▲ hide details ▲


WhiteWulfe is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off