BOINC TBD: A New Model - Page 5 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

BOINC TBD: A New Model

post #41 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-11-2017, 01:19 PM
New to Overclock.net

It is interesting that he acknowledges that this new model may not be received well by current users.  Not clear to me how this will attract more users to this model, seems like WCG does something similar already.

Quote:
 I suspect that relatively few current volunteers will use TBD; it's more for new users with wider demographics.

Quote:I'm gonna throw in my 2 cents. Not because I'm an expert but because I have a keyboard.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-11-2017, 04:31 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 34 (Unique: 18)
Yeah, there a guy over there now making the bitcoin wave of the future argument, That pretty soon there will be no crunchin without some form of bitcoin.

We are all antiques cause we believe in true volunteering and that we need to get with the future....

He claims that there are governments all over the world that are integrating bitcoin into their currency systems, yet, I've still haven't seen any evidence of this.....

Right now bitcoin is still a realm of wishes and dreams, and a gamble.....

Who knows, the early adopters just might be right and those he claims to be holding millions of US dollars in BTC will be the new generation of movers and shakers, but right at this point they have just as much of a chance of being the next generation of jokes.

I see BTC and think the tech bust of the 90's, why?

Cause they use the same wave of the future arguments the tech sector did to fleece millions.....

Guess what? we as a people will always have to use the facilities..... As will they..... no matter how many times they re-engineer the toilet.

Kinda puts it in perspective....biggrin.gif

And remember one thing.....

The guy who invented the BTC algorithm, sold out for a few millions and laughed his azz off all the way to the bank.......

Never to look back.....

post #43 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-11-2017, 06:28 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 960 (Unique: 705)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egilman View Post

Yeah, there a guy over there now making the bitcoin wave of the future argument, That pretty soon there will be no crunchin without some form of bitcoin.

We are all antiques cause we believe in true volunteering and that we need to get with the future....

He claims that there are governments all over the world that are integrating bitcoin into their currency systems, yet, I've still haven't seen any evidence of this.....

Who knows, the early adopters just might be right and those he claims to be holding millions of US dollars in BTC will be the new generation of movers and shakers, but right at this point they have just as much of a chance of being the next generation of jokes.

Cause they use the same wave of the future arguments the tech sector did to fleece millions.....

Guess what? we as a people will always have to use the facilities..... As will they..... no matter how many times they re-engineer the toilet.

The guy who invented the BTC algorithm, sold out for a few millions and laughed his azz off all the way to the bank.......

Never to look back.....

Well btc has been going for about 8 years now only going up every year and i don't believe the creator sold out because no one really 100% knows who made it the strongest rummor is Satoshi Nakamoto which holds over 1mil coins at current value a ton of money lol literaly. Way i see BTC now is it acts alot like the stock market for Commoditys but digital not physical.

http://www.businessinsider.com/satoshi-nakamoto-owns-one-million-bitcoin-700-price-2016-6

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-11-2017, 06:33 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 283 (Unique: 135)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egilman View Post

Never to look back.....

Bitcoin is recognized as legal method of payment in Japan. When this happened I think it became much more legit with a 1st world government recognizing Bitcoin.

http://www.coindesk.com/japan-bitcoin-law-effect-tomorrow/

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in