The WUProp thread - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

The WUProp thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #21 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-17-2017, 08:32 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: 7200 ft above sea level
Posts: 2,694
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egilman View Post


Yes, average WU times have dropped from 2:32-2:40 average to the 2:15-2:20 range. (give or take some outliers running from 1:30 to 2:45 the average seems to be settling in around 2:20 but it's still fluctuating a bit)

Gonna let it finish out the day and see if the increase holds like it seems to have, then turn it back on for a couple of days to confirm......

It was a pleasant surprise to say the least...... (that's why I waited for a couple of days to say anything)

 

Thats a heck of a difference, and this is the impact it is having on a GPU app?


Quote:I'm gonna throw in my 2 cents. Not because I'm an expert but because I have a keyboard.


bfromcolo is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-17-2017, 08:39 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
mmonnin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 5,764
Rep: 276 (Unique: 130)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egilman View Post

All WD Blacks on the HD's.... no SSD's

I haven't tracked WUprop that closely trusting to everyone saying it was NCI, that is part of the surprise.

And that is a substantial uptick in CPU involvement, has it effected Rosetta WU times?

I only ran Rosetta for about a day to get about 900 WUProp hours. Trying to get my top star back at 10k hours. That was also the 1st time I ran Rosetta with two clients so I can't compared back to the last time I ran it. I only changed from Asteroids to Rosetta. It should be Zika now so I wonder what the next task will be.


mmonnin is offline  
post #23 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-17-2017, 08:51 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
Egilman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Tuvalu
Posts: 1,114
Rep: 34 (Unique: 18)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfromcolo View Post

Thats a heck of a difference, and this is the impact it is having on a GPU app?

Well MW is a special case as far as CPU involvement. the WU's are x5 to start with, (5 old wu's packaged into one with serious CPU switching as each individual WU completes and a bunch of CPU packaging on the end)

On top of that I'm running 4x on each GPU,

With 4 GPU's per machine.

It effects the 8 core FX CPU's more than the 48 core E5 2700 Xeons And it does appear to have a serious effect from the CPU side.

But this is all preliminary also, I still have to turn it (WUprop) back on to confirm.

I doubt it would have much of an impact on a single process project like say Collatz.....


Egilman is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #24 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-17-2017, 02:50 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
emoga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 470
Rep: 29 (Unique: 14)
I'll still crunch WUProp, even with all the drama.

I enjoy having short term boinc goals and it makes statistics just a bit more...colourful.wink.gif

Am I mad that hours were removed from dead projects that I have zero points in? Not really... But I do think the administrator could have handled GCP situation in a more professional manner.

Now to finally go after first lime green star

(should get it pretty soon thumb.gif)



emoga is offline  
post #25 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-17-2017, 02:56 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
mmonnin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 5,764
Rep: 276 (Unique: 130)
Quote:
Originally Posted by emoga View Post

I'll still crunch WUProp, even with all the drama.

I enjoy having short term boinc goals and it makes statistics just a bit more...colourful.wink.gif

Am I mad that hours were removed from dead projects that I have zero points in? Not really... But I do think the administrator could have handled GCP situation in a more professional manner.

Now to finally go after first lime green star

(should get it pretty soon thumb.gif)

Did the computer running rosetta have a bit higher CPU time on the WUProp task? Mine went back down when it started running WCG:
http://wuprop.boinc-af.org/results.php?hostid=122461


mmonnin is offline  
post #26 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-17-2017, 03:10 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
emoga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 470
Rep: 29 (Unique: 14)
I plan on running Rosetta on this host for the hours starting now.

Looks like the cpu time was also higher when It was crunching Seti beta CPU units. thinking.gif(which are actually quite good compared to the gpu)



Edit: Looks like Rosetta is 7 times the cpu time over WCG.



emoga is offline  
post #27 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-17-2017, 03:17 PM
Fluffy Fennec Foxes!
 
WhiteWulfe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: C-YXD (aka Edmonton, Canada)
Posts: 10,529
Rep: 167 (Unique: 123)
Quote:
Originally Posted by emoga View Post

I'll still crunch WUProp, even with all the drama.

I enjoy having short term boinc goals and it makes statistics just a bit more...colourful.wink.gif

Am I mad that hours were removed from dead projects that I have zero points in? Not really... But I do think the administrator could have handled GCP situation in a more professional manner.

Now to finally go after first lime green star

(should get it pretty soon thumb.gif)

Definitely a good way to look at it. I suspect I'll keep it on and weather the storm, hopefully the admin Neill come around and come up with a way that will work with everyone in a more amicable manner smile.gif

As for myself, I got a lime star in pogs a while back... Oh, you meant in the badge! Yeah, I've got a ways to go for that myself - probably would go faster if I had more threads running on things... Something I'll be working on over the next while ^_^

I <3 Mechanical Keyboards | Member of OCN's Headphone club
Quote:Originally Posted by xxbassplayerxx 
Don't mind Wulfe. He's writing his book one post at a time.
JägerWulfe
(19 items)
Gigadestroyer
(13 items)
CPU
Intel i7-4770K
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z87X-OC
GPU
MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G Golden Edition
RAM
G.Skill Triden-X 16GB DDR3-2400
Hard Drive
Maxtor 2TB Black
Hard Drive
Seagate 2TB SATA3
Optical Drive
LG DVD-RW
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNova 1000G2
Cooling
Cryorig R1 ultimate
Case
NZXT Phantom 820 Black
Operating System
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
Monitor
BenQ VP2210
Monitor
BenQ VP2210
Keyboard
Razer BlackWidow Ultimate
Mouse
Steel Series Worgen
Mouse
Roccat Nyth
Audio
JDS Labs O2 + ODAC Rev.B
Audio
AKG K712
Audio
Audio Technica ATH-M50X
CPU
i7 3770k
Motherboard
Maximus V Formula
GPU
EVGA GTX 780 Classified
RAM
Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz
Hard Drive
Kingston 64GB SSDnow 200
Power Supply
EVGA 1000w G2
Cooling
CoolerMaster MasterLiquid Pro 240
Case
Open Bench Table
Operating System
Windows 7 64 Bit
Monitor
Dell E2213H
Keyboard
Logitech G15 v2
Mouse
Corsair M95
Mouse
3' wide battle mat
CPU
AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition
Motherboard
Asus Crosshair IV Formula
GPU
EVGA GTX 770 SuperClocked
RAM
4x Kingston Hyperx 4GB
Hard Drive
Seagate 3TB
Power Supply
Fractal Designs Newton 600w
Cooling
Arctic Cooling Freezer 13 Pro
Case
Fractal Designs Define R4
Operating System
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
Monitor
Dynex 32" television
Keyboard
Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2013
Mouse
Logitech G700
▲ hide details ▲


WhiteWulfe is offline  
post #28 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-08-2017, 03:48 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
mmonnin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 5,764
Rep: 276 (Unique: 130)
The admin is back to blocking multiple clients again. DrugDiscovery RAC jumped quite a bit more with some more clients, like doubled. But some of the benefit has been ruined. I actually took my 3 fasts cores, my 3570k, off DD and RAC still shot up.

https://boincstats.com/en/stats/85/user/detail/214370/charts

http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=user&proj=ddh&name=214370


mmonnin is offline  
post #29 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-08-2017, 04:19 PM
Fluffy Fennec Foxes!
 
WhiteWulfe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: C-YXD (aka Edmonton, Canada)
Posts: 10,529
Rep: 167 (Unique: 123)
So, just to confirm, you're seeing benefit to RAC by removing WUProp?

I <3 Mechanical Keyboards | Member of OCN's Headphone club
Quote:Originally Posted by xxbassplayerxx 
Don't mind Wulfe. He's writing his book one post at a time.
JägerWulfe
(19 items)
Gigadestroyer
(13 items)
CPU
Intel i7-4770K
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z87X-OC
GPU
MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G Golden Edition
RAM
G.Skill Triden-X 16GB DDR3-2400
Hard Drive
Maxtor 2TB Black
Hard Drive
Seagate 2TB SATA3
Optical Drive
LG DVD-RW
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNova 1000G2
Cooling
Cryorig R1 ultimate
Case
NZXT Phantom 820 Black
Operating System
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
Monitor
BenQ VP2210
Monitor
BenQ VP2210
Keyboard
Razer BlackWidow Ultimate
Mouse
Steel Series Worgen
Mouse
Roccat Nyth
Audio
JDS Labs O2 + ODAC Rev.B
Audio
AKG K712
Audio
Audio Technica ATH-M50X
CPU
i7 3770k
Motherboard
Maximus V Formula
GPU
EVGA GTX 780 Classified
RAM
Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz
Hard Drive
Kingston 64GB SSDnow 200
Power Supply
EVGA 1000w G2
Cooling
CoolerMaster MasterLiquid Pro 240
Case
Open Bench Table
Operating System
Windows 7 64 Bit
Monitor
Dell E2213H
Keyboard
Logitech G15 v2
Mouse
Corsair M95
Mouse
3' wide battle mat
CPU
AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition
Motherboard
Asus Crosshair IV Formula
GPU
EVGA GTX 770 SuperClocked
RAM
4x Kingston Hyperx 4GB
Hard Drive
Seagate 3TB
Power Supply
Fractal Designs Newton 600w
Cooling
Arctic Cooling Freezer 13 Pro
Case
Fractal Designs Define R4
Operating System
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
Monitor
Dynex 32" television
Keyboard
Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2013
Mouse
Logitech G700
▲ hide details ▲


WhiteWulfe is offline  
post #30 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-08-2017, 06:53 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
mmonnin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 5,764
Rep: 276 (Unique: 130)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWulfe View Post

So, just to confirm, you're seeing benefit to RAC by removing WUProp?

No, the admin banned my clients. They won't upload and log shows 'Not accepting requests from this host'

Running more tasks than threads increased RAC.


mmonnin is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off