Power hit, Raspberrry Pi corrupt, new CPID for SETI - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Power hit, Raspberrry Pi corrupt, new CPID for SETI

post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-06-2017, 05:35 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

We had a power hit.  My RPi 3 had been running since June 17.  When it booted up it went into some kind of time warp and was running tasks from June 17, not the tasks or the projects, it was running at the time the power went off.  I aborted the running tasks which were well past their due dates.  3 SETI tasks had due dates of 8/8, when Boinc reported the aborted tasks I got this:

11/6/2017 6:11:19 AM | [email protected] | Generated new computer cross-project ID: 80a178114d820bec7f2ac2a3263fd74c

So now my CPID is hosed.

The RPi seems fine, but I guess I need to log off and on periodically to avoid this time warp.

Edit -

Looks like the memory card is corrupted, I did a update and rebooted and it went right back to June 17.  Even the tasks I had previously aborted came back.

My CPID looks OK on the SETI web site, I removed the RPI from the list of computers, hopefully once I get everything reinstalled it will be OK.

Quote:I'm gonna throw in my 2 cents. Not because I'm an expert but because I have a keyboard.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-06-2017, 01:23 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 276 (Unique: 130)
Is it loading a backup from disk? Like Windows will ask for Last Known Configs.

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-06-2017, 01:57 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

I don't know what it's doing,  I have tried multiple tools (SDFormatter, EaseUS, Disk Manager, disks, gparted, fdisk) to erase/format/overwrite this card with no success.  It's odd cause I can boot off of it, run updates, etc, but when I reboot its back to where it was.  I contacted Samsung and they are issuing an RMA for the card.  As cheap as these are I don't know why they want the old one back, I guess just proof that I had it, but they are sending me a pre-paid label.

I have Raspbian installed and updated on another card, on to setting up BOINC.

Quote:I'm gonna throw in my 2 cents. Not because I'm an expert but because I have a keyboard.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-06-2017, 03:02 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Well BOINC is up and running SETI, WUProp and GoofyxGrid.  But [email protected] is instant crashing with this error.  I must have fixed this in the past, I should write this stuff down when I solve some mystery.

Stderr output

<core_client_version>7.6.33</core_client_version>
<![CDATA[
<message>
process exited with code 127 (0x7f, -129)
</message>
<stderr_txt>
../../projects/albert.phys.uwm.edu/einsteinbinary_BRP4_1.42_arm-unknown-linux-gnueabihf__NEON: relocation error:
../../projects/albert.phys.uwm.edu/einsteinbinary_BRP4_1.42_arm-unknown-linux-gnueabihf__NEON: symbol h_errno, 
version GLIBC_PRIVATE not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference

</stderr_txt>
]]>

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-06-2017, 03:19 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 276 (Unique: 130)
I ran Albert on my Pi2. I don't recall seeing that specific libc error about a link time reference. Might just need an updated version?

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-17-2017, 06:34 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

I went back to Raspian Jessie and Albert is fine now, that error happens with Stretch.  Looks like a code change is required that has been corrected in Einstein but not Albert.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in