9th BOINC Pentathlon | May 5th-19th 2018 - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

9th BOINC Pentathlon | May 5th-19th 2018

Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #11 of 232 (permalink) Old 04-08-2018, 06:00 AM
BOINC Cruncher
 
Diffident's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Bawlmer, MD
Posts: 1,564
Rep: 98 (Unique: 66)
I don't care what project we run as long as it doesn't use virtualbox like last year. VB projects are the biggest pain.

Team Boinc! - Forum Folding War Team
Gentoo Linux - Telemetry Free Since 1999!
Washington Capitals 2018 Stanley Cup Champions
Boinc Desktop
(15 items)
CrunchAholic
(10 items)
NAS
(7 items)
CPU
AMD Ryzen 7 1700X
Motherboard
ASRock X370 Taichi
GPU
AMD Radeon VII
RAM
HyperX Predator
Hard Drive
Samsung 970 EVOPlus
Power Supply
EVGA 850 G2
Cooling
Watercool Heatkiller IV PRO AM4 CPU Block
Cooling
EKWB Coolstream XE 240 Radiator
Cooling
EKWB Coolstream PE 360 Radiator
Cooling
Watercool Heatkiller 150mm Tube Res
Case
Thermaltake View 31 Tempered Glass RGB Edition
Operating System
Gentoo Linux
Monitor
Alienware AW3418DW
Keyboard
Coolermaster Masterkeys Pro S
Mouse
Roccat Kone EMP
CPU
Intel Xeon E5-2670
CPU
Intel Xeon E5-2670
Motherboard
Asrock Rack EP2C602
GPU
EVGA 1070ti FTW
GPU
EVGA 1070ti FTW
RAM
64 GBs Samsung M939B1K70CHD-CH9 PC3-10600R
Hard Drive
Samsung HD322HJ
Power Supply
Corsair AX1200
Case
Rosewill RSV-L4000
Operating System
Gentoo Linux
CPU
i3-4130T
Motherboard
GIGABYTE GA-H97N-WIFI
RAM
CORSAIR CMX16GX3M2A1600C11
Hard Drive
Western Digital Red 10 TB x3
Hard Drive
Western Digital Red 8 TB
Case
Fractal Design Node 804
Operating System
Gentoo Linux
▲ hide details ▲


Diffident is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 232 (permalink) Old 04-08-2018, 07:50 AM - Thread Starter
2+2=5
 
tictoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 4,474
Quote: Originally Posted by mmonnin View Post
I like Universe too. The Black Hole DB app runs quicker than the BHSpin app for the same points but there's never enough work. There was a batch released yesterday and its done.

I'd vote to stay away from SETI even though I bet other teams will vote for it. Some teams have SETI in their team name including the organizing team.
I agree on SETI. It has always been our weakest project, and most teams have a large number of users who do nothing but crunch SETI. We definitely live up to "The pursuit of performance" motto when it comes to GPU crunching. Projects like SETI and Asteroids that have inefficient GPU apps get the boot.



Last edited by tictoc; 04-08-2018 at 07:55 AM.
tictoc is offline  
post #13 of 232 (permalink) Old 04-08-2018, 12:14 PM
⤷ αC
 
AlphaC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 11,175
Rep: 904 (Unique: 590)
I just don't see a point to SETI as a project. Have they actually had any real results?

If we do contact aliens that are superior in technology (i.e. stealth), wouldn't we be in trouble?

► Recommended GPU Projects: [email protected] , [email protected] (FP64) (AMD moreso) ► Other notable GPU projects: [email protected] (Nvidia), GPUGrid (Nvidia) ► Project list


AlphaC is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #14 of 232 (permalink) Old 04-08-2018, 05:45 PM
Retired Staff
 
Tex1954's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: In a house older than me...
Posts: 4,462
Rep: 100 (Unique: 66)
Tex1954 is offline  
post #15 of 232 (permalink) Old 04-10-2018, 05:31 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
Finrond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 2,813
Rep: 55 (Unique: 42)
Everybody get PUMPED UP! Its the PENTATHLON! WAHOO!



Finrond is offline  
post #16 of 232 (permalink) Old 04-10-2018, 01:04 PM
Just a Crazy Cat in a Box
 
Ithanul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: The Wacky Gulf Beaches
Posts: 5,534
Rep: 84 (Unique: 63)
Oooo, can't wait. Sucks my 5960X kicked the bucket. Hopefully I can either source another chip for my X99 board or say crap it and either get another X399 or go X299.

Anyway, I will have the GPU power at hand. Got two Titan Xps incoming. Just need to reconfigure out my loop.

I'm just a crazy nutty gal that likes computer hardware.
Got bad hardware hoard habit too.

My consoles
Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, PS2 FAT, PS2, PS4 Pro, Switch, Xbox One S, Xbox One X, Xbox
Just the Main
(14 items)
Side Server
(9 items)
CPU
1950X
Motherboard
ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E
GPU
Titan Xp
GPU
Titan Xp
GPU
GTX 1080Ti FTW3
RAM
GSkill 32GB 3200MHz
Hard Drive
Samsung 960 Pro m.2 512GB
Hard Drive
Crucial 512GB SSD
Hard Drive
Shucked WD Helium 10TB
Hard Drive
WD Purple 8TB
Power Supply
EVGA 1300W
Case
Case Lab TX10
Operating System
Stripped W10 LTSB
Monitor
Acer Predator X27
CPU
1900X
Motherboard
ASUS PRIME X399
GPU
GTX 960 FTW
GPU
GTX 1080Ti SC
RAM
Corsair 16GB 3000MHz
Hard Drive
Intel 120GB SSD
Power Supply
AX1200i
Case
Define S
Operating System
Mint Mate 18.3 Modify
Monitor
30inch Dell Ultrasharp 1200p
CPU
E5-2670V3
Motherboard
ASUS X99-A II
GPU
1070 Hybrid
RAM
GSkill 32GB
Hard Drive
Intel 120GB SSD
Power Supply
TX750
Case
Case Lab SM8
Operating System
CentOS 7
Monitor
Remote Terminal all day!
▲ hide details ▲


Ithanul is offline  
post #17 of 232 (permalink) Old 04-10-2018, 06:08 PM
Fluffy Fennec Foxes!
 
WhiteWulfe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: C-YXD (aka Edmonton, Canada)
Posts: 10,529
Rep: 167 (Unique: 123)
I'll be helping out again this year, but won't be too heavily involved with strategy given I'm not on the forums all that often anymore.

Sad to see it's only one GPU project this time, instead of the chance at two like last year had, but that's life.

I <3 Mechanical Keyboards | Member of OCN's Headphone club
Quote:Originally Posted by xxbassplayerxx 
Don't mind Wulfe. He's writing his book one post at a time.
JägerWulfe
(19 items)
Gigadestroyer
(13 items)
CPU
Intel i7-4770K
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z87X-OC
GPU
MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G Golden Edition
RAM
G.Skill Triden-X 16GB DDR3-2400
Hard Drive
Maxtor 2TB Black
Hard Drive
Seagate 2TB SATA3
Optical Drive
LG DVD-RW
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNova 1000G2
Cooling
Cryorig R1 ultimate
Case
NZXT Phantom 820 Black
Operating System
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
Monitor
BenQ VP2210
Monitor
BenQ VP2210
Keyboard
Razer BlackWidow Ultimate
Mouse
Steel Series Worgen
Mouse
Roccat Nyth
Audio
JDS Labs O2 + ODAC Rev.B
Audio
AKG K712
Audio
Audio Technica ATH-M50X
CPU
i7 3770k
Motherboard
Maximus V Formula
GPU
EVGA GTX 780 Classified
RAM
Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz
Hard Drive
Kingston 64GB SSDnow 200
Power Supply
EVGA 1000w G2
Cooling
CoolerMaster MasterLiquid Pro 240
Case
Open Bench Table
Operating System
Windows 7 64 Bit
Monitor
Dell E2213H
Keyboard
Logitech G15 v2
Mouse
Corsair M95
Mouse
3' wide battle mat
CPU
AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition
Motherboard
Asus Crosshair IV Formula
GPU
EVGA GTX 770 SuperClocked
RAM
4x Kingston Hyperx 4GB
Hard Drive
Seagate 3TB
Power Supply
Fractal Designs Newton 600w
Cooling
Arctic Cooling Freezer 13 Pro
Case
Fractal Designs Define R4
Operating System
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
Monitor
Dynex 32" television
Keyboard
Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2013
Mouse
Logitech G700
▲ hide details ▲


WhiteWulfe is offline  
post #18 of 232 (permalink) Old 04-10-2018, 06:17 PM - Thread Starter
2+2=5
 
tictoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 4,474
Quote: Originally Posted by WhiteWulfe View Post
I'll be helping out again this year, but won't be too heavily involved with strategy given I'm not on the forums all that often anymore.

Sad to see it's only one GPU project this time, instead of the chance at two like last year had, but that's life.
If Asteroids gets picked for one of the CPU disciplines, then we could have two kinda sorta GPU projects.


tictoc is offline  
post #19 of 232 (permalink) Old 04-10-2018, 06:28 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
cekim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 1,916
Rep: 93 (Unique: 54)
cekim is offline  
post #20 of 232 (permalink) Old 04-11-2018, 04:28 PM
Fluffy Fennec Foxes!
 
WhiteWulfe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: C-YXD (aka Edmonton, Canada)
Posts: 10,529
Rep: 167 (Unique: 123)
Quote: Originally Posted by tictoc View Post
If Asteroids gets picked for one of the CPU disciplines, then we could have two kinda sorta GPU projects.
Quite true ^_^

I <3 Mechanical Keyboards | Member of OCN's Headphone club
Quote:Originally Posted by xxbassplayerxx 
Don't mind Wulfe. He's writing his book one post at a time.
JägerWulfe
(19 items)
Gigadestroyer
(13 items)
CPU
Intel i7-4770K
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z87X-OC
GPU
MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G Golden Edition
RAM
G.Skill Triden-X 16GB DDR3-2400
Hard Drive
Maxtor 2TB Black
Hard Drive
Seagate 2TB SATA3
Optical Drive
LG DVD-RW
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNova 1000G2
Cooling
Cryorig R1 ultimate
Case
NZXT Phantom 820 Black
Operating System
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
Monitor
BenQ VP2210
Monitor
BenQ VP2210
Keyboard
Razer BlackWidow Ultimate
Mouse
Steel Series Worgen
Mouse
Roccat Nyth
Audio
JDS Labs O2 + ODAC Rev.B
Audio
AKG K712
Audio
Audio Technica ATH-M50X
CPU
i7 3770k
Motherboard
Maximus V Formula
GPU
EVGA GTX 780 Classified
RAM
Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz
Hard Drive
Kingston 64GB SSDnow 200
Power Supply
EVGA 1000w G2
Cooling
CoolerMaster MasterLiquid Pro 240
Case
Open Bench Table
Operating System
Windows 7 64 Bit
Monitor
Dell E2213H
Keyboard
Logitech G15 v2
Mouse
Corsair M95
Mouse
3' wide battle mat
CPU
AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition
Motherboard
Asus Crosshair IV Formula
GPU
EVGA GTX 770 SuperClocked
RAM
4x Kingston Hyperx 4GB
Hard Drive
Seagate 3TB
Power Supply
Fractal Designs Newton 600w
Cooling
Arctic Cooling Freezer 13 Pro
Case
Fractal Designs Define R4
Operating System
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
Monitor
Dynex 32" television
Keyboard
Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2013
Mouse
Logitech G700
▲ hide details ▲


WhiteWulfe is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off