10th BOINC Pentathlon - Marathon (World Community Grid) Project Support - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

10th BOINC Pentathlon - Marathon (World Community Grid) Project Support

post #11 of 57 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 11:12 PM - Thread Starter
2+2=5

Quote: Originally Posted by Diffident View Post
Linux FTW!
I felt bad while I was aborting every tasks that wasn't zika...but you gotta do what you gotta do.

I know we go through this every year and I don't know why I don't save these but, anyone know the IP to block in the host file for WCG?
***Nevermind I found where I asked the same thing 2 years ago. https://www.overclock.net/forum/365-overclock-net-boinc-team/1627905-8th-boinc-pentathlon-city-run-world-community-grid-openzika-project-support-thread.html#post26061929

Ohh and this doesn't look good.
Tue 30 Apr 2019 08:48:00 PM EDT | World Community Grid | No tasks are available for OpenZika
Must have been a momentary blip, because I am having no issues grabbing tasks. There will be a few hours of down time today at 19:00 UTC. https://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/a...?articleId=594

IP is 169.47.63.74

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 57 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 10:53 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Uhhh how do I only get Zika tasks? I keep getting AIDS and cancer.

post #13 of 57 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 03:04 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 282 (Unique: 135)
Quote: Originally Posted by TerafloppinDatP View Post
Uhhh how do I only get Zika tasks? I keep getting AIDS and cancer.
You can select the projects on this page:
https://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/ms/viewMyProjects.do

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 57 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 09:33 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by mmonnin View Post
You can select the projects on this page:
https://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/ms/viewMyProjects.do
Thanks, fixed.

post #15 of 57 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 07:27 PM - Thread Starter
2+2=5

Does anyone know if there is an overall max number of "in process" tasks per user?

I just fired up another instance, and I am getting the following error
Code:
This computer has reached a limit on tasks in process
That host is crunching 44 tasks, and only has 7 waiting in the queue to run.

I think I have something like 4.5-5k 3.5k-4k tasks overall.

*Edit*
Now I'm seeing this unwelcome site:
Code:
No tasks are available for OpenZika
*Edit2*
And... I'm about to lose it. There are tasks available, but the only time I grab one is after uploading a completed task.

Last edited by tictoc; 05-02-2019 at 07:57 PM.
post #16 of 57 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 02:41 AM
New to Overclock.net

The BOINC client has a max limit of around 1k but if you have like 990 the server can send you a bunch to get over 1k. No more batches after 1k.

At WCG, they will send you # of CPUs +2 tasks until some are returned/verified and then you can download your queue. My 32 core systems can download 34 tasks. So any time there is a competition like this I'll get my 34 and run like half or all of them, let them upload so I can download my bunker later.

post #17 of 57 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 02:58 AM
Badge Chaser

The BOINC client has a max limit of around 1k but if you have like 990 the server can send you a bunch to get over 1k. No more batches after 1k.

At WCG, they will send you # of CPUs +2 tasks until some are returned/verified and then you can download your queue. My 32 core systems can download 34 tasks. So any time there is a competition like this I'll get my 34 and run like half or all of them, let them upload so I can download my bunker later.
That explains why I kept getting a message telling me I had completed a max daily quota on a few machines when I had completed nothing.
post #18 of 57 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 04:45 AM - Thread Starter
2+2=5

It must have just been the limit on a new host, until enough tasks were returned. For whatever reason, I had to report about 15-20 tasks and then the queue filled up.

post #19 of 57 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 05:33 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by skivelitis View Post
That explains why I kept getting a message telling me I had completed a max daily quota on a few machines when I had completed nothing.
They will also be verified by another user for a period of time until the system is deemed stable and returning valid results. Then the tasks will be quorum 1 for instant credit. It's just a safety check for potential bad hosts.

post #20 of 57 (permalink) Old 05-04-2019, 11:55 AM
Not new to Overclock.net

Rep: 243 (Unique: 187)
I realized that some of my zika bunkers had a May 3 deadline while others are a week later
Not sure how those snuck in there like that... I wonder if I get credit or if those bunkers were a waste.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in