10th BOINC Pentathlon - Marathon (World Community Grid) Project Support - Page 5 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

10th BOINC Pentathlon - Marathon (World Community Grid) Project Support

post #41 of 57 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 03:08 PM
Badge Chaser

Rep: 0
I think any flavor of Linux runs OpenZika better than Windows regardless of processor. Hence, pending a potential Sprint announcement in a few hours, I,ll be leaving my only Linux box on WCG for the duration. (Only a i3 2120 HT enabled w/ GTX950 on Einstein). Looking to bunker NFS one last time on all other hosts but depending on whatever Sprint project is announced (betting on LHC but hopefully a tomorrow announcement) this could change. Willing to shift cores anywhere, will post between 00:00 and 01:00 to see what the team thinks is best.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 57 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 06:45 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 23 (Unique: 16)
I have my WCG account set to only work on OpenZika, but, I'm getting every project sent to me. Where have I screwed up?

post #43 of 57 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 07:01 PM
Not new to Overclock.net

Rep: 243 (Unique: 187)
Quote: Originally Posted by R.D.BID View Post
I have my WCG account set to only work on OpenZika, but, I'm getting every project sent to me. Where have I screwed up?
Uncheck the option to send work from other projects if none is available...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 57 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 07:21 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by k4m1k4z3 View Post
Uncheck the option to send work from other projects if none is available...
Thanks for the quick response! I've unchecked the option like you mentioned as well as updated the project and reset the project, but, I still continue to get all the projects.

post #45 of 57 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 07:27 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by R.D.BID View Post
Thanks for the quick response! I've unchecked the option like you mentioned as well as updated the project and reset the project, but, I still continue to get all the projects.

Check device manager, maybe you have individual device settings? Failing that are you logging in to the same user that your BOINC client is, do you have multiple accounts?

You may change the settings on a device by device basis by going to the Device Manager and customizing your device profiles.

Quote:I'm gonna throw in my 2 cents. Not because I'm an expert but because I have a keyboard.

post #46 of 57 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 07:37 PM
New to Overclock.net

This is my one and only account. I've checked each of my devices through the Device Manager like you mentioned and they are each set like I want them.

Only project that I have selected to run is Zika, and I have unchecked the box for "send work from other projects if none is available."

post #47 of 57 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 08:15 PM
Not new to Overclock.net

Rep: 243 (Unique: 187)
That is odd. And you don't have multiple profiles such as work, home school...? If the profile assigned to the pc doesn't match the one you are modifying, it might do something odd like that.

post #48 of 57 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 10:00 PM
⤷ αC

Rep: 820 (Unique: 551)
You might need to force an update by aborting all non-Zika related tasks and hitting update on the client

► Recommended GPU Projects: [email protected] , [email protected] (FP64) (AMD moreso) ► Other notable GPU projects: [email protected] (Nvidia), GPUGrid (Nvidia) ► Project list

post #49 of 57 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 11:27 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 55 (Unique: 42)
Yes, it wont cancel previously downloaded tasks even if they are from other projects, it will only just send new zika tasks.

post #50 of 57 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 12:40 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
How's 1h35m for Zika tasks on a Ryzen 1600 clocked at 3.8GHz? I never solved the slow Einstein GPU tasks (40 min was best I could get) and didn't determine if the issue was GPU or CPU based.

Home stretch either way! We should compare power bills at the end :-D

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in