Need more members

post #11 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-07-2010, 08:08 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 81 (Unique: 74)
Quote:
Originally Posted by biltong View Post
o.o First person I've met on the interwebz that knows what that means xD

Yep I've got Celiac
Lol, I know. Either few people have it or few people say they have it (and it's probably the latter). I've had it (or known about it I guess you could say) for probably close to 7 years now.

Momentum; A function of mass and velocity...In layman's terms: Speedy-thing goes in, Speedy-thing comes out.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-07-2010, 08:16 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 62 (Unique: 56)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurt1288 View Post
Lol, I know. Either few people have it or few people say they have it (and it's probably the latter). I've had it (or known about it I guess you could say) for probably close to 7 years now.

We are too

OK I'll stop trolling now

RIP Syrillian - "Semper fidelis"
post #13 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010, 01:02 PM
New to Overclock.net

bump

Momentum; A function of mass and velocity...In layman's terms: Speedy-thing goes in, Speedy-thing comes out.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 08:18 PM
Dr. Boincinstein

Been boinc'ing for a long time now. As well as a long time friend of Bal3wolf. Just recently switched all of my teams to OCN. Hoping to see how high we can go. Maybe we can do some good a long the way.

OCN'S WhatPulse team, come join us!
OCN's Boinc Team. Come Join Us!!
My Boinc Project's Stats
_.=5GHz Overclock Club=._
"All is Fair in Love And Boinc." : DarkRyder
"May the Boinc be with you... always." : DarkRyder

post #15 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 08:22 PM
Kupo! Kupo!

Rep: 22 (Unique: 20)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zodac View Post
Just an observation; BOINC has a lot of projects, most of which have different goals and aims. The best way of getting more BOINC members is deciding the Project of the Month (don't know whether you've started that yet?), then promoting the goal of that project.

With so many different options, people are split over what exactly they're working towards. With a single project to focus on, it would be a lot easier to get word out.
My biggest thing is the idea of it, the setup, and it vs folding. I haven't really seen enough info and help documents for the program to really think of using it. I also like the idea you mention of a single project to focus on, if its a good project(important enough). There does seem to be alot of options for it. Maybe a little more awareness of the whole project?

I think There's is something strangely musical about noise.
~ Trent Reznor ~

post #16 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 08:29 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frost View Post
My biggest thing is the idea of it, the setup, and it vs folding. I haven't really seen enough info and help documents for the program to really think of using it. I also like the idea you mention of a single project to focus on, if its a good project(important enough). There does seem to be alot of options for it. Maybe a little more awareness of the whole project?
I'd say all the projects are important. It's really whether a person finds one project more interesting than another.

I think the awareness thing will happen slowly for a while, as more people slowly join. The more people we have, the more awareness that'll come.

post #17 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 08:48 PM
Kupo! Kupo!

Don't think I meant to say they are not important I meant to point out getting people to see how it is needed if they are already folding? I would say some prizes/competition and such would probably help bring this around here, like folding.

Specific projects for OCN use, some detailed guides on setting it up, and general talk about it out of the BOINC thread. I only even heard of BOINC just recently from here, only because a chat topic showed up in the general discussion box next to latest news. I have yet to bother with it myself(or get interested).

That is just my thought/opinion, I don't mean to speak for all.

~ Trent Reznor ~

post #18 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 08:53 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frost View Post
Don't think I meant to say they are not important I meant to point out getting people to see how it is needed if they are already folding? I would say some prizes/competition and such would probably help bring this around here, like folding.

Specific projects for OCN use, some detailed guides on setting it up, and general talk about it out of the BOINC thread. I only even heard of BOINC just recently from here, only because a chat topic showed up in the general discussion box next to latest news. I have yet to bother with it myself(or get interested).

That is just my thought/opinion, I don't mean to speak for all.
Don't worry, I didn't take your previous post to mean that you didn't mean to say they aren't important (now that's a confusing sentence). It's always good to here what's missing though (I mean from our end, what we're missing to draw people in).

post #19 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 09:26 PM
Kupo! Kupo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurt1288 View Post
Don't worry, I didn't take your previous post to mean that you didn't mean to say they aren't important (now that's a confusing sentence). It's always good to here what's missing though (I mean from our end, what we're missing to draw people in).

~ Trent Reznor ~

post #20 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 10:24 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 52 (Unique: 44)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in