Overclock.net banner

Boinc newbie?........Post any questions here.

2K views 25 replies 9 participants last post by  DarkRyder 
#1 ·
Greetings

New to Boinc and have any questions?
Post here and myself or one of the learned OCN crew will do their best to assist you.

Crunch on!

See less See more
#8 ·
It is better to run just a single or multiple projects?

Now running:
-Rosetta
-Milky (GPU only)
-WCG
-Collatz (when Milky server is down)

Thanks

#13 ·
will an overclocked video card finish work units faster then a stock clocked video card?

case in point:
DNETC finishes a work unit in about 30 min on stock clocks, if i OC the card would it in theory finish em faster?

i basically setup my Hawk, installed it with some extra cooling and within a day was running Collatz. so i never OC'd it..

#16 ·
normally with boinc you can push cards farther than you could playing some games. with 1 for sure exception. DnetC on ati cards push the VRMs to near melting point. so watch the temps close for the first hour or so to see what they max at.

#17 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkRyder View Post
normally with boinc you can push cards farther than you could playing some games. with 1 for sure exception. DnetC on ati cards push the VRMs to near melting point. so watch the temps close for the first hour or so to see what they max at.
ok, sounds good. this weekend i will be working on another rig getting the water loop ready. so this weekend i will overclock the card some and i will be sure to watch the temps, although to this point i haven't seen over 50c on stock clocks.

thanks for the input...

#22 ·
what i did with my MSI R5770 Hawk was took off the stock cooler, removed the crappy stock TIM, applied MX-3 and while it was apart i added Enzotech BCC9's to it. i have had this card about a 1.5 months and really been running Boinc about 3 +/- weeks and i haven't seen my card go past 50c at full load.
i guess it's ok, seems to work aight... gonna oc it some this weekend and see how the temps change then..

#24 ·
i installed it a while ago, but i didnt see any improvement. I believe each project supports a different version, and its up to each project to implement the newer revisions of the software.

#26 ·
you can run only cpu apps and it wont hurt your folding a bit. Now if you run any Gpu apps, they will fight for priority of your gpu and will kill your folding points. I suggest to run cpu only if you want to do both.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.