My left "ALT" key on my CM quickfire rapid (MX red) just stopped working.... - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

My left "ALT" key on my CM quickfire rapid (MX red) just stopped working....

post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-23-2017, 05:58 AM
KEYBOARD KONNOISSEUR

Rep: 110 (Unique: 84)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakemfbacon View Post

I realize this is a super old thread lol but my cm storm QFR has this issue as well. I bought a corsair k95 awhile back and haven't been using this so I forgot about the issue. Do you think Cooler master would do anything about it (i do not expect them to at this point)?

I've heard good things about CM customer service if the product was recently purchased or still within RMA timeframe. It doesn't hurt to give them a call/email and ask.

Most likely going to be a bad switch or solder joint as that is what it typically is.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-23-2017, 09:35 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 8 (Unique: 7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drazah View Post

I've heard good things about CM customer service if the product was recently purchased or still within RMA timeframe. It doesn't hurt to give them a call/email and ask.

Most likely going to be a bad switch or solder joint as that is what it typically is.

Yeah, maybe I will have to see if I can fix. I will contact them but I doubt it. It was purchased a few years ago.

post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-15-2019, 03:06 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by SgtKalme View Post
I was looking around for this problem as it happened to me as well.

Some looking around and disassembling my own keyboard showed bad connection on PCB to L_Alt solder point. I found a thread on geekhack that teaches to fix it by taking off solder, fixing the connection with copper wire and re-soldering. It is not necessary to take off solder.

I scratched off green isolation from the connections and just soldered them to original solder point and it works like new. No need for copper wire or to cut off original solder.

Thank you, you are my hero sir, the scraping of the protective plastic was the key to my working key! I tried once before to just solider it together to no avail.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in