Razer Deathstalker Ultimate Owners Club - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Razer Deathstalker Ultimate Owners Club

post #21 of 59 (permalink) Old 02-06-2013, 09:24 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote:
Right now the price for a new one on the Razer Store is $250 dollars but price on the street for a used one on ebay is around $170 dollars (i have seen some sold for as low as $120 dollars). At those prices this keyboard is really a steal.
Yeah that's steal from you. Even for 120$ It's not worth to buy this piece of ****. 250$ and it's not even mechanical. You really have to be dumb to buy this keyboard.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 59 (permalink) Old 02-06-2013, 02:12 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 33 (Unique: 28)
Quote:
Originally Posted by llovro View Post

Yeah that's steal from you. Even for 120$ It's not worth to buy this piece of ****. 250$ and it's not even mechanical. You really have to be dumb to buy this keyboard.

Wow man...
one of the guys from this thread was right when he said "There is Razer hate bandwagon going on in this site..."

C'mon guys, judging some one as dumb for liking a product you do not is not very polite for a fellow overclocker.
I honestly expected a better and more civilized treatment on Overclock.net

I think i will have to close this thread,it is a shame really since i honestly expected better from this comunity.

Llovro, have a nice day anyway and as Rousseau said: "I might not agree with what you say, but i will defend to the death the right you have to say it."

post #23 of 59 (permalink) Old 06-18-2013, 08:14 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Hi, I received my Deathstalker Ultimate from a second hand trade yesterday. I must say, the build quality and the dozen of customisations you can do to it is phenomenal. I really like the option of having multi-colour back-lit key as it fits well with my setup. The switchblade UI was really handy and fast switching between different apps, however the touchpad is a bit laggy at times.

Now here's the big problem. I've only used it for 10 mins when keys started to repeat itself until I pressed another key. So if I was typing something like thissssssssssssssssssss and tried to changeeeeeeee the letter the repeating characters would stop but would act up again in less than 30 seconds. It happens very often, even for 'space' and 'backspace' keys as well. The keys would repeat infinitely without me even touching the keyboard. You can imagine that when i hit 'backspace' and the problem happens, I'd be retyping my sentences over and over again.
In rare situations it would repeat two letters like fdfdfdfdfdfdfdfdfdfdfddfdfdfd.

I've had a look online and nobody else seems to have had this problem. Is it me or is everybody just trying to look over the problems for such an expensive keyboard?!I
So I contacted the seller and told him about the problem and that he sold me a faulty keyboard without putting it in the description. The seller said he did experience the sticky key issue before. So I have sent back the keyboard and he will get a replacement keyboard for me at his local store.

Originally I got a good deal and didn't pay full price, but with the cost of sending the faulty board back to the seller, the cost is almost the same as if I bought a new one. Well done Razer....thanks for not honouring warranties of on-sold goods. I can't claim support or warranty online because of this.

Well I did encounter an owner on youtube that had exactly the same problem. He told me that after he plugged his keyboard into a self powered usb port the problem went away on its own.

Now here's the minor problem. After I plugged in the Deathstalker Ultimate for the first time, synapse did it's usual update and after that I couldn't use my Naga Epic's wireless mode anymore. I spent hours trying to fix it thinking that the dock may have died. After deleting all the registry for Razer I unplugged the keyboard and reinstalled my Naga Epic+flash the dock's firmware, it was fine again. Then I connected the keyboard and my mouse was fine!

I'm hoping to get my replacement keyboard soon, but if you asked me for recommendations, I wouldn't recommend getting this keyboard if you are a serious typer. I reverted back to my Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth Edition and it just feels so much better even though the lighting doesn't match with my setup. If you are a person who likes aesthetics, uses twitter, facebook, youtube and macros a lot, then this key would be suitable for you.

Not trying to hop onto the Razer hate bandwagon, but seriously there are some issues with their production line. An issue such as sticky keys should be the last problem to expect and it turned out to be the biggest issue.

For all those owners experiencing the same problem, please speak out! You are not alone!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-31-2013, 07:14 PM
New to Overclock.net

Hi guys, so I have a razer deathstalker and so far I really enjoy it. However, I would really like to use the little screen to show my cpu/gpu temps I have an app that shows me cpu usage but not the temps. Does anyone know of a way get the screen showing me temperatures?

Thanks.
post #25 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-21-2013, 08:37 PM
New to Overclock.net

I don't understand the hate toward this keyboard, although I agree the chiclet keys may not be the most suitable for some gamers, I tend to actually really enjoy it. I only play first person shooter games and have no use for macros, so that is out of the question. Mechanical keyboards are personally my least favorite. I'm a programmer which makes the continuous key pressing get on my very last nerve. The switchblade user interface is definitely an neat tool on this keyboard and I actually really like it other than the fact it lacks applications for it. I understand some keyboard aren't for certain people, and even though this keyboard is overpriced, I feel that it still is a good keyboard.
post #26 of 59 (permalink) Old 12-05-2013, 08:20 PM
New to Overclock.net

I've owned the non ultimate version for almost a year now, and I don't see the hype about mechanical keyboards ( Although I must admit I have never owned one [ Not convinced on the difference - price]) I see absolutely nothing wrong with "chiklet" keys or what ever they're called, to each their own preference no? Not to brag or anything, but to show an example, I manage to hold top 10 positions on a lot of BF4 servers, maintain a almost 1.7 KD/R with over 5000 kills, and I use a Wireless MX1100 non gaming mouse and the DeathStalker... So I don't really see how someone can say something " Sucks" unless it breaks way earlier than expected, Just like with anything .. it's the player , not the game.. But I have to agree, the price on this is just ridiculous, if you had any common sense (no offense ) you would buy ether the normal death adder for like $40 ( or a mechanical keyboard or w/e) and buy a GOOGLE Nexus Tablet for $200, and now you have a what ever keyboard, and a portable screen with 100x more usability. hell, you can probably buy a used tablet off of a local classified, and save $100 and then go buy yourself a gaming mouse xD

Specs:
EVGA GTX 780 SC + BackPlate ( Reference cooler)
ASUS Republic of Gamer MAXIMUS VI HERO ( Switched from CROSSHAIR Formula-Z)
Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.4Ghz ( switched from 8350)
G.Skill RipJaw X 1866Mhz 16Gb
OCZ Vertex 3 120Gb
Corsair H100i
Corsair HX 850
Corsair 600T
WD Blue 1Tb
3 Screen-Surround
post #27 of 59 (permalink) Old 12-06-2013, 01:31 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTok3 View Post

I've owned the non ultimate version for almost a year now, and I don't see the hype about mechanical keyboards ( Although I must admit I have never owned one [ Not convinced on the difference - price]) I see absolutely nothing wrong with "chiklet" keys or what ever they're called, to each their own preference no? Not to brag or anything, but to show an example, I manage to hold top 10 positions on a lot of BF4 servers, maintain a almost 1.7 KD/R with over 5000 kills, and I use a Wireless MX1100 non gaming mouse and the DeathStalker... So I don't really see how someone can say something " Sucks" unless it breaks way earlier than expected, Just like with anything .. it's the player , not the game.. But I have to agree, the price on this is just ridiculous, if you had any common sense (no offense ) you would buy ether the normal death adder for like $40 ( or a mechanical keyboard or w/e) and buy a GOOGLE Nexus Tablet for $200, and now you have a what ever keyboard, and a portable screen with 100x more usability. hell, you can probably buy a used tablet off of a local classified, and save $100 and then go buy yourself a gaming mouse xD

Mechanical Keyboards give you comfort and quality. That's all. Nobody is arguing that they will make you a better player.
post #28 of 59 (permalink) Old 12-06-2013, 08:26 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Away View Post

Mechanical Keyboards give you comfort and quality. That's all. Nobody is arguing that they will make you a better player.
And comfort & Quality are usually user defined words. So pretty much I was right in saying " no one can tell you they suck" but what do you mean quality wise? I've had mine for almost a year, and there isn't as much as scratch on it, or have had anything wrong with it? I've even had rage moments where I'd smash the thing!

Specs:
EVGA GTX 780 SC + BackPlate ( Reference cooler)
ASUS Republic of Gamer MAXIMUS VI HERO ( Switched from CROSSHAIR Formula-Z)
Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.4Ghz ( switched from 8350)
G.Skill RipJaw X 1866Mhz 16Gb
OCZ Vertex 3 120Gb
Corsair H100i
Corsair HX 850
Corsair 600T
WD Blue 1Tb
3 Screen-Surround
post #29 of 59 (permalink) Old 12-09-2013, 02:06 PM
New to Overclock.net

hey guys just got my keyboard a couple days ago this Deathstalker is great the key feel quick and responsive and watching a how to video on youtube while playing your game is a huge step up. they pictures make these keys look flat but they have a very good bounce to them and are very responsive ill post a pic of mine soon

post #30 of 59 (permalink) Old 12-10-2013, 02:35 AM
New to Overclock.net

I've said the same about the Logitech G19. At least it has rollover without the bug that's in the newer Logitech Illuminated models. I'd still have to point towards the MS Sidewinder X4 as a good low profile rubber dome keyboard with nKRO since it's cheaper and more comfortable. CjDQqc

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in