Razer Deathstalker Ultimate Owners Club - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Razer Deathstalker Ultimate Owners Club

post #1 of 59 (permalink) Old 01-29-2013, 01:23 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 33 (Unique: 28)
Hey Guys, i just created this thread so that we can all share the experience of owning a Razer Deathstalker Ultimate keyboard and all the new things that are being added to it.

Right now the price for a new one on the Razer Store is $250 dollars but price on the street for a used one on ebay is around $170 dollars (i have seen some sold for as low as $120 dollars). At those prices this keyboard is really a steal.

Please upload your proof of ownership!

Maybe if we gain enough critical mass we can ask Razer to create the App for the game that we most play! i will try to have a update database of the registered owners...

Have a good day you all!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 59 (permalink) Old 01-29-2013, 01:31 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

By the way i just want to comment.

For all the people that have shared some hate comments on this keyboard saying that "hey, i dont want to look down and away from my screen while gaming, this keyboard sucks..." they completelly miss a very important point and it is that this keyboard is made to help you have some other information that might be relevant for you (like, for instance, what time is it or your twitter feed or your email or a damn youtube video you just want to see) and once you start using it you click on those keys like you do with ALL THE OTHER keys of your keyboard.
You don´t look down to press WASD do you? Its a matter of adapting

But well, thats just one comment, and about this keyboard being chiclet style... well, you know.. there are some who likes mechanical and another who likes chiclets, specially if you type on a Laptop all day in your job (which, i think most employees do) it feels very natural to arrive home and continue typing in a keyboard that offers the same tactile feedback.

But to each his own!

I love the Blackwidow too it is awesome but you know? We are not all competitive gamers, some of us just want a good experience while gaming!

post #3 of 59 (permalink) Old 01-30-2013, 08:06 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 116 (Unique: 106)
A $10 keyboard with a $240 screen. Isn't it cheaper to buy a small tablet and use it as a secondary screen while you get a DECENT keyboard? I'm not saying that chiclet keyboards are terrible... but they are TERRIBLY cheap, whereas this one ain't.

Another flop from Razer...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 59 (permalink) Old 01-30-2013, 11:07 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by prava View Post

A $10 keyboard with a $240 screen. Isn't it cheaper to buy a small tablet and use it as a secondary screen while you get a DECENT keyboard? I'm not saying that chiclet keyboards are terrible... but they are TERRIBLY cheap, whereas this one ain't.

I totally agree with this, it's not even mechanical..

post #5 of 59 (permalink) Old 01-30-2013, 03:12 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by prava View Post

Another flop from Razer...

Bro, have you ever tried it?

post #6 of 59 (permalink) Old 01-30-2013, 08:14 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 128 (Unique: 98)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennybrig View Post

There is a razer hate bandwagon going on in this forum. 

While I disagree with this mentally, I think that Razer have been going down lately.

post #7 of 59 (permalink) Old 01-31-2013, 09:00 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 116 (Unique: 106)
Quote:

I have tried several chiclet switches... and they feel terrible to me. Also, such switch type is not expensive at all. It isn't. It would be different if the switches were scissors because they feel actually diferent (I don't like switches with such short travel, but to each his own).

So, my point remains: $10 keyboard with a $240 screen. And i'm being totally objective here, the keyboard is terribly overpriced, and such extra doesn't come from the keyboard itself, but from the screen. Its plain obvious.
post #8 of 59 (permalink) Old 01-31-2013, 02:37 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote:

I had the same style keyboard (non-ultimate version) for two weeks and returned it. There is no difference in the keyboard except the screen might I add. Then I got the Black Widow Ultimate, since it was mechanical, which was much better to type on then those keys cheaply manufactured "chiclet" keys. Eventually, I dove in and got a real keyboard after doing some homework here... Ducky of course. Red, switches and black o-ring mod. I've never used a keyboard that can tackle EVERYTHING from work to gaming while using that switch and mod.

Razer should of put the screen on the Black Widow mechanical if anything. Some can even debate about the blue switches against gaming (like I do). But, this would of been a far better option then the Deathstalker.

The Deathstalker was cool and I wanted it to work but after researching here etc. It was returned. And, using all different laptop keys for 8+ years the keys honestly don't feel like a laptop. So my opinion on the 3 I used: Deathstalker(ultimate or not) < Black Widow Ultimate < Ducky, (Filco, Deck etc.)

post #9 of 59 (permalink) Old 02-01-2013, 05:59 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 18 (Unique: 16)
I tried the $70 DeathStalker and it felt pretty good to type on and decent for gaming. It was returned in 3 weeks. I was hoping it would feel like the MacBook Pro or Logitech Illuminated Keyboard chiclets but it was stiffer than those two. The screen can be useful but the price really does need to come down a bit. I've said the same about the Logitech G19. At least it has rollover without the bug that's in the newer Logitech Illuminated models. I'd still have to point towards the MS Sidewinder X4 as a good low profile rubber dome keyboard with nKRO since it's cheaper and more comfortable.
post #10 of 59 (permalink) Old 02-01-2013, 08:53 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Guys basically all the comments of this thread have been of non-owners...
Is there any owner out there?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in