Keyboard Suggestion Thread - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Keyboard Suggestion Thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #21 of 2376 (permalink) Old 02-25-2013, 04:01 PM
Linux Lobbyist
 
dsmwookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Birmingham, Alabama
Posts: 808
Rep: 17 (Unique: 16)
How many actually own the k60 or 90? The Corsair forums seem in abundance of complaints for issues with both models. As much as I wanted to like it I could not ignore this factor for the time being. I was hoping this next gen will relieve the problems riddled throughout both models.

dsmwookie is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 2376 (permalink) Old 02-25-2013, 04:44 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Posts: 59
Rep: 0
* Any keyboards you currently have in mind: CM Storm QuickFire TK (not sure about its build quality)
* Price: up to ~100€
* Backlighting (yes (colour?)/ no ): Preferably yes, no request on color
* Size (60%, TKL, full size etc): full size or abit more compact, no TKL.
* Use (games/ programming/ typing etc): Intensive gaming & typing.
* USB/ PS2: USB
* KRO: I'm guessing 6KRO (I've used a BlackWidow and a CM Storm QuickFire Rapid before and didn't have problems with either in terms of Key Rollover)
* Macro keys (yes/ no): No
* Media keys (yes/ no): No
* Layout (US/ ANSI, etc): US
* Switch type (if not known complete the questions below): Blue

Basically my BlackWidow doesn't enjoy the same beverages as me (biggrin.gif) and decided to stop working; I'm looking for a possible new one with the characteristics i tried to specify above. Might be worth to mention that i do like the boards to be kinda "bulky" due to the way i position my hands while gaming/typing so super small stuff is probably a no go.
Thanks in advance for whatever help you guys can give me.

DaBearZ is offline  
post #23 of 2376 (permalink) Old 02-25-2013, 06:16 PM
Retired Staff
 
Tator Tot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: St Charles, Missouri;U.S.
Posts: 36,139
Rep: 2146 (Unique: 1310)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmwookie View Post

How many actually own the k60 or 90? The Corsair forums seem in abundance of complaints for issues with both models. As much as I wanted to like it I could not ignore this factor for the time being. I was hoping this next gen will relieve the problems riddled throughout both models.

 

I've owned both. Gave the K90 to a broski, it's still working fine for him. I added on some EK Soft landing pads to make the thing almost dead silent.

My biggest complaint about the board is the lack of mechanical switches all over it. Other than that, the board hasn't had any issues.

Corsair's software was a bit buggy at the start, but according to him, it's been working just fine for the past few months.

 

I still have a K60. I felt like this board would have made a better tenkeyless model, but it's still pretty decent. The lack of mechanical switches all around is still a bummer for this one.

I do have an issue, where my volume scroll wheel sometimes doesn't adjust at the same rate when moving it, but I feel as though, that's a software/firmware issue more than a mechanism one.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBearZ View Post

* Any keyboards you currently have in mind: CM Storm QuickFire TK (not sure about its build quality)
* Price: up to ~100€
* Backlighting (yes (colour?)/ no ): Preferably yes, no request on color
* Size (60%, TKL, full size etc): full size or abit more compact, no TKL.
* Use (games/ programming/ typing etc): Intensive gaming & typing.
* USB/ PS2: USB
* KRO: I'm guessing 6KRO (I've used a BlackWidow and a CM Storm QuickFire Rapid before and didn't have problems with either in terms of Key Rollover)
* Macro keys (yes/ no): No
* Media keys (yes/ no): No
* Layout (US/ ANSI, etc): US
* Switch type (if not known complete the questions below): Blue

Basically my BlackWidow doesn't enjoy the same beverages as me (biggrin.gif) and decided to stop working; I'm looking for a possible new one with the characteristics i tried to specify above. Might be worth to mention that i do like the boards to be kinda "bulky" due to the way i position my hands while gaming/typing so super small stuff is probably a no go.
Thanks in advance for whatever help you guys can give me.

 

QuickFire TK would be a solid option.



Tator Tot is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #24 of 2376 (permalink) Old 02-26-2013, 04:20 PM - Thread Starter
Linux Lobbyist
 
Paradigm84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Warwickshire, UK
Posts: 7,642
Rep: 187 (Unique: 158)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmwookie View Post

How many actually own the k60 or 90? The Corsair forums seem in abundance of complaints for issues with both models. As much as I wanted to like it I could not ignore this factor for the time being. I was hoping this next gen will relieve the problems riddled throughout both models.

As for how many people actually own either of those, a quick look in the membership spreadsheet says 41. tongue.gif


Paradigm84 is offline  
post #25 of 2376 (permalink) Old 02-27-2013, 06:29 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
Pebruska's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Finland
Posts: 291
Rep: 8 (Unique: 8)
Any keyboards you currently have in mind: Ducky Shine II TKL
Price:less than 150
Backlighting (yes (colour?)/ no ): yes (white, blue)
Size (60%, TKL, full size etc): Preferably tkl or otherwise small, but full size will do fine
Use (games/ programming/ typing etc):mainly typing, little gaming
USB/ PS2: Don't care
KRO: high
Macro keys (yes/ no): No
Media keys (yes/ no): Yes
Layout (US/ ANSI, etc): Nordic, although usually you can find Nordic version of US layout, so any suggestion will do
Switch type (if not known complete the questions below): Brown
Pebruska is offline  
post #26 of 2376 (permalink) Old 02-28-2013, 02:11 AM
Old to Overclock.net
 
mark_thaddeus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: On an island with a coconut tree
Posts: 4,088
Rep: 249 (Unique: 209)
Hi Guys! I was wondering if you could help me buy an 87 keycap set for my mech keyboard (Cherry MX switches)? It's got led light so I wasn't sure if the keycaps from wasdkeyboards would work or not, meaning would the led shine through the letters and such?

I know it's a little off topic but is this something we can to the OP as well?

Yin & Yang
(15 items)
CPU
i7-4790k
Motherboard
Asus Z97I-Plus
GPU
EVGA FTW3 1080Ti (Hybrid Kit)
RAM
Kingston Hyper X Fury 16 GB 1866Mhz
Hard Drive
Crucial MX500 1TB
Power Supply
Seasonic P660X
Cooling
ID Cooling Frostflow+ 240
Case
NZXT H400i
Operating System
Windows 7 Pro SP1
Monitor
Asus PB278Q
Keyboard
Ducky One 2 TKL
Mouse
Logitech G102 Prodigy
Mouse
Razer Sphex
Audio
Fiio E17 / E9K
Audio
Fidelio X2
▲ hide details ▲
mark_thaddeus is offline  
post #27 of 2376 (permalink) Old 02-28-2013, 04:21 AM - Thread Starter
Linux Lobbyist
 
Paradigm84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Warwickshire, UK
Posts: 7,642
Rep: 187 (Unique: 158)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_thaddeus View Post

Hi Guys! I was wondering if you could help me buy an 87 keycap set for my mech keyboard (Cherry MX switches)? It's got led light so I wasn't sure if the keycaps from wasdkeyboards would work or not, meaning would the led shine through the letters and such?

I know it's a little off topic but is this something we can to the OP as well?

It might be better to ask in the club, more people frequent that thread at the moment so you're more likely to get the help you need there.


Paradigm84 is offline  
post #28 of 2376 (permalink) Old 02-28-2013, 05:08 AM
Old to Overclock.net
 
mark_thaddeus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: On an island with a coconut tree
Posts: 4,088
Rep: 249 (Unique: 209)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradigm84 View Post

It might be better to ask in the club, more people frequent that thread at the moment so you're more likely to get the help you need there.

Thank you for the advice!

Yin & Yang
(15 items)
CPU
i7-4790k
Motherboard
Asus Z97I-Plus
GPU
EVGA FTW3 1080Ti (Hybrid Kit)
RAM
Kingston Hyper X Fury 16 GB 1866Mhz
Hard Drive
Crucial MX500 1TB
Power Supply
Seasonic P660X
Cooling
ID Cooling Frostflow+ 240
Case
NZXT H400i
Operating System
Windows 7 Pro SP1
Monitor
Asus PB278Q
Keyboard
Ducky One 2 TKL
Mouse
Logitech G102 Prodigy
Mouse
Razer Sphex
Audio
Fiio E17 / E9K
Audio
Fidelio X2
▲ hide details ▲
mark_thaddeus is offline  
post #29 of 2376 (permalink) Old 02-28-2013, 05:11 AM - Thread Starter
Linux Lobbyist
 
Paradigm84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Warwickshire, UK
Posts: 7,642
Rep: 187 (Unique: 158)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_thaddeus View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradigm84 View Post

It might be better to ask in the club, more people frequent that thread at the moment so you're more likely to get the help you need there.

Thank you for the advice!

You're welcome.


Paradigm84 is offline  
post #30 of 2376 (permalink) Old 03-02-2013, 06:20 AM
Mouse reviewer
 
Ino.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,092
Rep: 405 (Unique: 238)
I currently have a Steelseries 6Gv2 and am rather happy with its Cherry Blacks, but I'd like to have a backlit keyboard.

Any keyboards you currently have in mind: comparable in size to the 6Gv2
Price: 0-130€
Backlighting (yes (colour?)/ no ): yes (white is preferred, blue or green would be ok too)
Size (60%, TKL, full size etc): I need the numpad, otherwise as small as possible
Use (games/ programming/ typing etc): gaming
USB/ PS2: I don't care, I have PS2 adapters anyway
KRO: NKRO preferred
Macro keys (yes/ no): no
Media keys (yes/ no): no
Layout (US/ ANSI, etc): DE wink.gif
Switch type (if not known complete the questions below): cherry black or brown
*Noise level (high/low): low as possible
*Tactility (yes/ no): I don't care, can live with both
*Stiffness (high/ low): hm, guess low would be better, but I have honestly never tried anything else than the blacks

Curious what you guys can recommend smile.gif
Ino. is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off