Help Spread The Use Of ESDF To The World !!
Little bit about the Club Creator, been gaming daily since I was 8, moved to pc when I was 20, went pro in two games at 25, went to paris for the Electronic Sports World Cup in 2006, Worked a little with valve on CS:S, Worked with the Warsow team a bit, worked on Quake 3 CPMA extensively with the lead programmer for about 4 years, worked with him on quakelive for a month or two overseeing something that they may have missed, managed to get a few of my mods implemented into quakelive and some ideas for quake 5. I first introduced the idea to Quake 3 CPMA's programmer in 2007 and was immediately agreed upon and Implemented as the default key-binds in the next release after discussion and community vote.
I've composed a list of benefits as to why WASD is outdated and ESDF is better suited for modern gaming. I am also hoping to introduce it to experienced users and to help spread the knowledge so even more users can enjoy this setupReasons
To Become A Member
- The reason wasd was even used in the first place was Because Of Ghosting while using esdf. The way keyboards are routed internally would create missed key-presses due to keys using the same route on the PCB. Modern keyboards remove this problem and the wide spread knowledge of PS/2 usage has confirmed wasd to no longer be needed and esdf is no longer a problem.
- Typing teaches you to place your hands on asdf, which enables the use of esdf, and is the reason for the nubs on F and J keys.
- Using esdf allows for faster hand placement recovery after using:
- A macro area
- Dark Environment
- Secondary Keypad
- Basically any left hand multitasking
- ESDF also leaves more room for your pinky and ring finger to be more productive opening Q W Z X 1 2 and 3 available for more binds.
- With the right side of your hand shifted over more this allows you to hit T B and 5 now for even more binds
Submit your user name and keyboard you pwn with using ESDF in the threadBe social!
Share why you started using esdf
Share when you started using esdf
Share who told you to try esdf
Share how we could spread the word about esdfMy Unique Binds
Club's Signature Code
A - Sprint
G - Knife
W - MedPack
Q - Weap Alt / Special
T - Nade
Z - Crouch
Space - Jump (RightClick in Quake)
Middle Wheel Button - Action / Use
MouseWheel Up - Primary
MouseWheel Dn - Secondary
Mouse Side Button - Reload
Optional ESDF Image Something to Add? Error in the post?
[URL=www.overclock.net/t/1373884/club-esdf-movement-key-users-united]□ESDF Movement Key Users United□[/URL]
PM MEHelp Spread The Use Of ESDF To The World !!
Thanks For Being A Great Community,