Logitech introduces G Pro ROMER-G TKL keyboard - Page 15 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Logitech introduces G Pro ROMER-G TKL keyboard

post #141 of 152 (permalink) Old 09-08-2018, 05:11 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 11 (Unique: 11)
Anybody else's keyboard acting weird? Mine seems to be double clicking/actuating random letters when typing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #142 of 152 (permalink) Old 09-09-2018, 05:43 PM
Rubber ducky you're the 1

Rep: 9 (Unique: 8)
Hey everyone. Glad to join the clicky clicky crowd. This is my first clicky keyboard since the old IBM days and it's awesome. I have the G910 and it's been great!

RIP Syrillian. I look forward to a kick butt LAN Party when I get there!http://files.overclock.net/images/smilies/thumb.gif

No, I will not fix your computer, but for 99.99$ I can tell you that you shouldn't have bought a PC or a crapple!http://files.overclock.net/images/smilies/thumb.gif
post #143 of 152 (permalink) Old 09-24-2018, 10:21 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
I am in the market for a TKL keybord. It is going to replace my Roccat Ryos MK FX with Cherry Browns (+O-Ring).

Since I already own a G Pro mouse I gave the G Pro keyboard a try - having one software for all peripherals is

The main selling point for me is that it is supported by Aurora Unified Lightning, which is wrapper for all the different lightning SDKs of various keyboard manufacturers. It also comes with some very nice own presets like Ambilight mode.

I did own a G910 before but sold it because I did not like the mushy feeling of the Romer-G. The G Pro feels MUCH more solid. However, the keys are really hard to press and have a kinda sticky feeling to it. It also sucks that they are only selling US-Layout, so I have to buy a used G410 just for the replacement keycaps.

So I am quite torn. Build quality, lightning and software are top notch. There is also the convenience of sticking to one peripheral brand for aesthetics and software reasons. I would prefer some lighter switches, though.

Alternatives are sparse. Maybe I ditch the the RGB and go for a ducky

I am also looking for a nice TKL wrist pad. Currently I am using a cheap foam one which I cut so it fits a TKL keyboard. Aesthetics wise, this sucks. The Glorious rests looks nice, but I am not going to sped 30-40 EUR on a piece of wood or foam.

Last edited by ColinMacLaren; 09-24-2018 at 11:03 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #144 of 152 (permalink) Old 09-25-2018, 10:16 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 44 (Unique: 42)
Quote: Originally Posted by aayman_farzand View Post
Anybody else's keyboard acting weird? Mine seems to be double clicking/actuating random letters when typing.
Yeah that happens
post #145 of 152 (permalink) Old 09-27-2018, 07:42 AM
New to Overclock.net

I just did a test with the Bloody Keyboard Comparison tool. While it isn't as reliable as using a high speed camera, the results were pretty consistent and stayed within a 2ms range, even when trying different keys.

Sharkoon Purewriter Linear: 11ms slower then Logitech G Pro
Ducky Myia Pro Panda Edition Cherry Silver (!): 10ms slower then Logitech G Pro
Rocccat Ryos FX Cherry Brown: 5ms slower then Logitech G Pro

All the hate against "gaming" branded hardware is unjustified. They actually DO perform better then office stuff. This is even a little bit sad. I really liked the Ducky. The awesome unboxing experience, the feel of the keycaps, the sturdy housing, the cool mousepad. Everything screams quality. Typing was a lot better then on the Romer Gs, these suck ass, they make my fingers hurt and I am misstyping more then on any other switch I have tried. However, no one can deny its superior gaming performance. 10ms more lag with switches that actuate 0.3mm earlier is just bad. The ducky is a working man's product and it is great as that. But spending 179 EUR just for work is too much, I am not typing all that much anyway. But for gaming, Ducky is inferior to gamer hardware.
post #146 of 152 (permalink) Old 10-26-2018, 09:04 PM
Mice is bad civilization

Rep: 109 (Unique: 83)
Anyone with this keyboard for more than half a year care to report in? After 5 years my QuickFire Rapid is starting to misbehave and the coating turned into sticky goop despite all efforts to keep it clean, so I'm looking to buy a G Pro as a replacement. Want to know how it holds up knowing qc is no longer part of "Logi science".
post #147 of 152 (permalink) Old 11-23-2018, 11:40 AM
gaymer

I'm looking for a new keyboard for new feels too and I'm quite torn between g pro and g513. Anyone has experience with both romer g tactile and linear?
post #148 of 152 (permalink) Old 12-16-2018, 06:41 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 127 (Unique: 112)
This keyboard does a lot of things right.

I like that it's quiet.
I like the superior switch design (for lighting).
I like that every light is customizable (including scroll/caps lock indicators).
I like that I can invert the FN keys.

Short comings:
Those buttons at the top are way too loud. Please switch to quieter ones like what the Corsair K70 uses for its media buttons.

Lack of volume roller. A roller all the way at the upper right like the Corsair K70 has would've made this keyboard unbeatable. Volume rollers are so superior to volume keys (mainly because they get around the repeat delay that windows imposes) that I can't believe they aren't on every keyboard already.

Last edited by cuad; 12-17-2018 at 12:26 AM.
post #149 of 152 (permalink) Old 12-27-2018, 12:42 PM
Mice is bad civilization

Got my G Pro keyboard. Liking it so far. I found romer-g switches much more pleasing? to press compared to cherry reds with and without o-rings. Hopefully it will last just as long as my quickfire rapid.
post #150 of 152 (permalink) Old 12-28-2018, 10:41 AM
Mice is bad civilization

This ISO keyboard layout is garbage. The picture on the box shows the ANSI but the keyboard inside is ISO. Liegitech.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in