Logitech introduces G Pro ROMER-G TKL keyboard - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Logitech introduces G Pro ROMER-G TKL keyboard

post #11 of 152 (permalink) Old 03-07-2017, 06:12 AM
KEYBOARD KONNOISSEUR

Rep: 110 (Unique: 84)
Meh, just another "gamer" keyboard. Nothing really special about this.

RGB like every other gaming keyboard, "proprietary" switches like every other cheap, gaming keyboard. RGB with ABS shine through keycaps, curious of their quality but assuming them to be cheap.

I like the high-profile case, though, good design and detachable cable are always nice but the lack of customization for anything else is a bummer, especially since this is $130. There are far better keyboards at a lower price point that I would definitely consider over this. CM MasterKeys Pro, Ducky, and Leopold to name a few. This could be a good keyboard at the $100 range, but anything more is just asking too much.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 152 (permalink) Old 03-07-2017, 06:25 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 122 (Unique: 91)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drazah View Post

Meh, just another "gamer" keyboard. Nothing really special about this.

RGB like every other gaming keyboard, "proprietary" switches like every other cheap, gaming keyboard. RGB with ABS shine through keycaps, curious of their quality but assuming them to be cheap.

I like the high-profile case, though, good design and detachable cable are always nice but the lack of customization for anything else is a bummer, especially since this is $130. There are far better keyboards at a lower price point that I would definitely consider over this. CM MasterKeys Pro, Ducky, and Leopold to name a few. This could be a good keyboard at the $100 range, but anything more is just asking too much.

- the RGB-lightning is better than on cherry keyboards, because it doesn't bleed at the bottom of the caps, and the fonts are lighted more uniform
- the "proprietary" switches are not your usual cherry clones, but vastly different to those
- keycaps are coated with "soft-coating"(which is otherwise advertised on mice as "rubber-coating"), and they will last an eternity without any degradation

post #13 of 152 (permalink) Old 03-07-2017, 06:56 AM
KEYBOARD KONNOISSEUR

Quote:
Originally Posted by thuNDa View Post

- the RGB-lightning is better than on cherry keyboards, because it doesn't bleed at the bottom of the caps, and the fonts are lighted more uniform
- the "proprietary" switches are not your usual cherry clones, but vastly different to those
- keycaps are coated with "soft-coating"(which is otherwise advertised on mice as "rubber-coating"), and they will last an eternity without any degradation

RGB lighting is mainly a gimmick, not many people are constantly looking down at the keyboard when they use it. Especially, people who buy these kinds of keyboards, it's more for passive aesthetics. Besides that, though, these switches do a great job at light diffusion and spread. Better than other switches that have RGB, I will agree on that.

I don't see much value in the Romer-G switch itself, though. No way of upgrading the keycaps. plates, or switch modding at all. Judging from the Romer-G keyboard I used, these keycaps are cheap. They are thin ABS keycaps with a coating, which is what most keycap manufacturers do to their ABS keycaps to reduce shine.. ABS is just generally cheap but easy to work with. ABS plastic doesn't hold up anywhere near as long as PBT and also has a far different texture. ABS is very smooth, which I dislike. PBT has a gritty texture, typically thicker keycaps also, which give a far superior feel to ABS keycaps. I will personally never buy another keyboard where I can't upgrade the keycaps, makes a huge difference.

This keyboard is mainly being sold on frills and gimmicks while maintaining very few objectively "good" qualities. You can get far better quality for your money in the price range, but as always YMMV because keyboards are and should be personal preference and work best for your own application.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 152 (permalink) Old 03-07-2017, 12:36 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 10 (Unique: 10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by justnvc View Post

The leaked updated rival looks like a childs play toy, I hope they go back to the Xai/Sensei simplicity - much like their arctis line of headsets.

You have a link to this leak? haven't seen it yet
post #15 of 152 (permalink) Old 03-07-2017, 03:41 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 37 (Unique: 34)
This looks surprisingly sleek for a gaming branded keyboard.
post #16 of 152 (permalink) Old 03-08-2017, 12:52 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 4 (Unique: 4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by royalkilla408 View Post

Why only Romer G switches though!??! Give us Cherry RGB options Logitech! I want to match the keyboard to my mouse and I want Cherry RGB Logitech keyboard. Boo!

You have plenty tenkeyless mechanical keyboards to chose from. But there are no tenkeyless with Romer-G before this model. Why wouldn't they release it with Romer-G? If you want Cherry MX you have a whole bunch of other high quality keyboards you can choose from.
post #17 of 152 (permalink) Old 03-08-2017, 02:15 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 8 (Unique: 8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamGuy View Post

You have plenty tenkeyless mechanical keyboards to chose from. But there are no tenkeyless with Romer-G before this model. Why wouldn't they release it with Romer-G? If you want Cherry MX you have a whole bunch of other high quality keyboards you can choose from.

I don't care if they release Romer G keyboards but offer RGB Cherry as well. If you read my comments I did say I want to match my keyboard brand with my Logitech mouse and use one software. I just won't be buying a Logitech keyboard until they offer RGB Cherry switches. That's my only complaint.
post #18 of 152 (permalink) Old 03-08-2017, 05:54 AM
KEYBOARD KONNOISSEUR

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalkilla408 View Post

I don't care if they release Romer G keyboards but offer RGB Cherry as well. If you read my comments I did say I want to match my keyboard brand with my Logitech mouse and use one software. I just won't be buying a Logitech keyboard until they offer RGB Cherry switches. That's my only complaint.

They probably won't, that's the whole reason they went with their proprietary option of creating their own switch. I still prefer keyboards that don't require software because most of the time the software is crap. I do own a G900 mouse and G930 headset from Logitech and their software doesn't cause me any issues and is easy to use so I understand the want to just keep everything within one application.

post #19 of 152 (permalink) Old 03-08-2017, 08:42 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
This is an interesting keyboard, but there are two things I want to point out. First, the keyboard costs $129 which is too much for a TKL keyboard (at least too much for me). Second, it doesn't come with a carrying case. Other than that, seems to be a pretty good TKL keyboard.
post #20 of 152 (permalink) Old 03-08-2017, 08:45 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 4 (Unique: 4)
I wonder how much the KSP reduces latency.

Also, the removable cable is a nice addition.

I also like the fact that they added onboard memory for the lighting. F keys macros are good too, but I dunno if its possible on the other keyboards.

I would've loved to see linear romer-g switches and a wireless keyboard like this too.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in