Logitech introduces G Pro ROMER-G TKL keyboard - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Logitech introduces G Pro ROMER-G TKL keyboard

post #21 of 150 (permalink) Old 03-08-2017, 11:57 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterBash View Post

I wonder how much the KSP reduces latency.

Until proven by verified tests 0 its just marketobabble
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 150 (permalink) Old 03-08-2017, 01:28 PM
KEYBOARD KONNOISSEUR

Rep: 110 (Unique: 84)
Considering also that most keyboards (even old PS2 keyboards) have an input delay no higher than ~15ms. Also, mechanical switches inherently have 'debounce' so there is basically "built in" input delay. IR/Optical switches have eliminated the debounce issue but are still mainly in a testing phase and not adapted by many. Add in the dead space of travel time to hit the keys actuation point and you are just adding up the milliseconds. Too many factors, besides the actual keyboard, affect this and is the main reason why I recommend people to choose a keyboard off of feel and how well it fits your application.

post #23 of 150 (permalink) Old 03-08-2017, 03:52 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 28 (Unique: 27)
Quote:
Originally Posted by roygbiv0415 View Post

I don't even need it to be RGB. All I want is a Cherry Blue version (a TKL G610, basically) for work, and white lights are fine.

If all you want is a white LED Cherry blue TKL keyboard, you already have a ton of options...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 150 (permalink) Old 03-08-2017, 03:54 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by drazah View Post

I recommend people to choose a keyboard off of feel and how well it fits your application.

Oh I can definitely confirm that romer g feels nice, and there is nothing else remotely like them in the market (well beside Creative PRES which are the exact same). They have the bump right below the keycap it really feels like a mouse button in a sense its hard to explain but for gaming it's imo the best tactile switch.
For typing its also nice but bottoming out lacks the pronounced "clack" of others so if you like that and you type a lot, then it might not be suitable. However it is not a mushy switch at all, some people call it that just because it has a silent bottoming out which is ridiculous.
post #25 of 150 (permalink) Old 03-08-2017, 06:28 PM
Mice is bad civilization

Rep: 107 (Unique: 81)
Finally. A normal-looking TKL keyboard with detachable wire from logitech. Now I just need to wait until my cm storm quickfire rapid dies (which won't be anytime soon it seems) and I can get this one. Did anyone manage to buy a US layout version in EU from logitech? I really need the small return key.
post #26 of 150 (permalink) Old 03-08-2017, 06:41 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 38 (Unique: 34)
Im pretty sure I will be buying a RGB TKL mechanical keyboard in the next 12 month and Im always looking for new logitech products but again.. no keyboard from logitech for me.

One type of switch is not enough. They should offer romer G AND common cherry MX. Atleast blue and browns mad.gif
post #27 of 150 (permalink) Old 03-08-2017, 06:46 PM
Retired Staff

Rep: 674 (Unique: 476)
Is this the only mech keyboard that allows you to disable all unused keys?
Seems like a really useful feature.

Home PC
(13 items)
CPU
Intel G3440
Motherboard
Asus B85M-E/CSM
GPU
EVGA GTX 950
RAM
Patriot Viper 3 - 2x8GB 1600hz
Hard Drive
Samsung EVO 850 - 500GB + 4TB x2 / 3TB x 2 - WD
Optical Drive
LG CH12LS28 Bluray
Power Supply
Corsair CX430 V2
Cooling
Scythe Big Shuriken 2 w/Corsair SP120 Fan
Case
NMEDIAPC HTPC 6000B w/ Pro LCD Module
Operating System
Windows 10 64 Bit
Monitor
Samsung 75" TV....
Keyboard
GooBang Doo MX3
Mouse
GooBang Doo MX3
▲ hide details ▲
post #28 of 150 (permalink) Old 03-09-2017, 07:40 AM
KEYBOARD KONNOISSEUR

Rep: 110 (Unique: 84)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevanCorana View Post

Oh I can definitely confirm that romer g feels nice, and there is nothing else remotely like them in the market (well beside Creative PRES which are the exact same). They have the bump right below the keycap it really feels like a mouse button in a sense its hard to explain but for gaming it's imo the best tactile switch.
For typing its also nice but bottoming out lacks the pronounced "clack" of others so if you like that and you type a lot, then it might not be suitable. However it is not a mushy switch at all, some people call it that just because it has a silent bottoming out which is ridiculous.

"feel" is too subjective to state things in an objective way. I tried many keyboards, have an MX switch tester with 15+ different switches, own a Topre keyboard, and have tested a bunch of these off-clone or "proprietary" switches. I personally dislike all MX switches because they feel cheap and the slight micro-bump from MX tactile switches do nothing for me. With that said, Romer-G switches (personally) feel even worse. The tactile bump is less in the Romer-G than a Cherry MX Brown, add that with the softer bottom out and shorter key travel and you have a "mushy" key. The only MX style switch that had a good tactile feel to me were the Zealios switches (Hearing good things about the MOD switches also). If you have ever tested or used these, you will know what a "good" tactile bump feels like.

Obviously, it's up to you to decide if this is a negative or positive and results may vary depending on keyboards you may have used in the past and what not. I think the Romer-G switches do a very good job with RGB lighting by having their keycaps that way and the RGB directly in the middle, but then you lose the option to customize your board with aftermarket keycaps. I don't hate nor love this keyboard, I think the price point is just slightly high but I also don't think its a bad choice for people looking for this specific kind of keyboard.

post #29 of 150 (permalink) Old 03-09-2017, 10:35 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by drazah View Post

"feel" is too subjective to state things in an objective way. I tried many keyboards, have an MX switch tester with 15+ different switches, own a Topre keyboard, and have tested a bunch of these off-clone or "proprietary" switches. I personally dislike all MX switches because they feel cheap and the slight micro-bump from MX tactile switches do nothing for me. With that said, Romer-G switches (personally) feel even worse. The tactile bump is less in the Romer-G than a Cherry MX Brown, add that with the softer bottom out and shorter key travel and you have a "mushy" key. The only MX style switch that had a good tactile feel to me were the Zealios switches (Hearing good things about the MOD switches also). If you have ever tested or used these, you will know what a "good" tactile bump feels like.

Obviously, it's up to you to decide if this is a negative or positive and results may vary depending on keyboards you may have used in the past and what not. I think the Romer-G switches do a very good job with RGB lighting by having their keycaps that way and the RGB directly in the middle, but then you lose the option to customize your board with aftermarket keycaps. I don't hate nor love this keyboard, I think the price point is just slightly high but I also don't think its a bad choice for people looking for this specific kind of keyboard.

You seem to forget that it was developped as a gaming switch from the start. The bump is very different from MX or any knock offs, just google Romer G disasembled, its completely different, yes it allows to have the LED centered but more importantly to have a consistent bump even when hitting a keycap from its edge.

The bump itself is very crisp and because just below the keycap, there is no travel whatsoever when starting to push the keycap, it doesnt move until 45g, thats a big difference from any other switch and thats what I meant by "it feels like a mouse click" and it's no surprise as Omron is directly involved in the design also.

Now its a like or hate thing since its so different I know but its definitely not mushy
post #30 of 150 (permalink) Old 03-09-2017, 01:04 PM
lololol

Rep: 362 (Unique: 150)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevanCorana View Post

its just marketobabble
the acronym of course.

but logitech mice do have less debounce latency on button clicks than most mice and i believe i've seen a test comparing the g410 and some other keyboard showing the g410 winning significantly

too busy to check forums as regularly
pm me if i forget to respond

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in