Overclock.net banner

Logitech introduces G Pro ROMER-G TKL keyboard

29K views 154 replies 54 participants last post by  skupples 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by royalkilla408 View Post

Why only Romer G switches though!??! Give us Cherry RGB options Logitech! I want to match the keyboard to my mouse and I want Cherry RGB Logitech keyboard. Boo!
I don't even need it to be RGB. All I want is a Cherry Blue version (a TKL G610, basically) for work, and white lights are fine.

#4 ·
I wish it had a UK layout version, but I suppose I can bite on a US Only for now...
Quote:

Why only Romer G switches though!??! Give us Cherry RGB options Logitech! I want to match the keyboard to my mouse and I want Cherry RGB Logitech keyboard. Boo!
I imagine because they're technically faster for gaming, given 1.5 and 3.0mm actuation and bottoming out points.

#5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by justnvc View Post

I wish it had a UK layout version, but I suppose I can bite on a US Only for now...
I imagine because they're technically faster for gaming, given 1.5 and 3.0mm actuation and bottoming out points.
I think browns (my personal fav) has a 2.0mm actuation point if I'm not wrong. Then there is the Cherry Speed version as well which Corsair's exclusivity ended I think, or will soon, that match or surpass the Romer G "speed". Plus you get a real quality mechanical keys unlike mushy Romer G switches.

Not saying they shouldn't do Romer G switches but at least offer Cherry RGB even at a higher price.

#6 ·
Finally!
thumb.gif

G410 was already my favorite, and here comes a more refined version of it - will also be the first time after the g410 release, i can spend some money on input devices again.
(now Steelseries just have to release a Rival 300 with pmw-3360, and i won't have to upgrade ever again)
smile.gif

#7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by thuNDa View Post

Finally!
thumb.gif

G410 was already my favorite, and here comes a more refined version of it - will also be the first time after the g410 release, i can spend some money on input devices again.
(now Steelseries just have to release a Rival 300 with pmw-3360, and i won't have to upgrade ever again)
smile.gif
The leaked updated rival looks like a childs play toy, I hope they go back to the Xai/Sensei simplicity - much like their arctis line of headsets.

#8 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by justnvc View Post

The leaked updated rival looks like a childs play toy, I hope they go back to the Xai/Sensei simplicity - much like their arctis line of headsets.
I hope SS has taken the comments on the leaked pics to heart, and redesigned the whole thing.
I just want the new sensor in my Rival, with everthing else untouched tho.
smile.gif

#11 ·
Meh, just another "gamer" keyboard. Nothing really special about this.

RGB like every other gaming keyboard, "proprietary" switches like every other cheap, gaming keyboard. RGB with ABS shine through keycaps, curious of their quality but assuming them to be cheap.

I like the high-profile case, though, good design and detachable cable are always nice but the lack of customization for anything else is a bummer, especially since this is $130. There are far better keyboards at a lower price point that I would definitely consider over this. CM MasterKeys Pro, Ducky, and Leopold to name a few. This could be a good keyboard at the $100 range, but anything more is just asking too much.

#12 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by drazah View Post

Meh, just another "gamer" keyboard. Nothing really special about this.

RGB like every other gaming keyboard, "proprietary" switches like every other cheap, gaming keyboard. RGB with ABS shine through keycaps, curious of their quality but assuming them to be cheap.

I like the high-profile case, though, good design and detachable cable are always nice but the lack of customization for anything else is a bummer, especially since this is $130. There are far better keyboards at a lower price point that I would definitely consider over this. CM MasterKeys Pro, Ducky, and Leopold to name a few. This could be a good keyboard at the $100 range, but anything more is just asking too much.
- the RGB-lightning is better than on cherry keyboards, because it doesn't bleed at the bottom of the caps, and the fonts are lighted more uniform
- the "proprietary" switches are not your usual cherry clones, but vastly different to those
- keycaps are coated with "soft-coating"(which is otherwise advertised on mice as "rubber-coating"), and they will last an eternity without any degradation

#13 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by thuNDa View Post

- the RGB-lightning is better than on cherry keyboards, because it doesn't bleed at the bottom of the caps, and the fonts are lighted more uniform
- the "proprietary" switches are not your usual cherry clones, but vastly different to those
- keycaps are coated with "soft-coating"(which is otherwise advertised on mice as "rubber-coating"), and they will last an eternity without any degradation
RGB lighting is mainly a gimmick, not many people are constantly looking down at the keyboard when they use it. Especially, people who buy these kinds of keyboards, it's more for passive aesthetics. Besides that, though, these switches do a great job at light diffusion and spread. Better than other switches that have RGB, I will agree on that.

I don't see much value in the Romer-G switch itself, though. No way of upgrading the keycaps. plates, or switch modding at all. Judging from the Romer-G keyboard I used, these keycaps are cheap. They are thin ABS keycaps with a coating, which is what most keycap manufacturers do to their ABS keycaps to reduce shine.. ABS is just generally cheap but easy to work with. ABS plastic doesn't hold up anywhere near as long as PBT and also has a far different texture. ABS is very smooth, which I dislike. PBT has a gritty texture, typically thicker keycaps also, which give a far superior feel to ABS keycaps. I will personally never buy another keyboard where I can't upgrade the keycaps, makes a huge difference.

This keyboard is mainly being sold on frills and gimmicks while maintaining very few objectively "good" qualities. You can get far better quality for your money in the price range, but as always YMMV because keyboards are and should be personal preference and work best for your own application.

#16 ·
Quote:

You have plenty tenkeyless mechanical keyboards to chose from. But there are no tenkeyless with Romer-G before this model. Why wouldn't they release it with Romer-G? If you want Cherry MX you have a whole bunch of other high quality keyboards you can choose from.

#17 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamGuy View Post

You have plenty tenkeyless mechanical keyboards to chose from. But there are no tenkeyless with Romer-G before this model. Why wouldn't they release it with Romer-G? If you want Cherry MX you have a whole bunch of other high quality keyboards you can choose from.
I don't care if they release Romer G keyboards but offer RGB Cherry as well. If you read my comments I did say I want to match my keyboard brand with my Logitech mouse and use one software. I just won't be buying a Logitech keyboard until they offer RGB Cherry switches. That's my only complaint.

#18 ·
Quote:

I don't care if they release Romer G keyboards but offer RGB Cherry as well. If you read my comments I did say I want to match my keyboard brand with my Logitech mouse and use one software. I just won't be buying a Logitech keyboard until they offer RGB Cherry switches. That's my only complaint.
They probably won't, that's the whole reason they went with their proprietary option of creating their own switch. I still prefer keyboards that don't require software because most of the time the software is crap. I do own a G900 mouse and G930 headset from Logitech and their software doesn't cause me any issues and is easy to use so I understand the want to just keep everything within one application.

#19 ·
This is an interesting keyboard, but there are two things I want to point out. First, the keyboard costs $129 which is too much for a TKL keyboard (at least too much for me). Second, it doesn't come with a carrying case. Other than that, seems to be a pretty good TKL keyboard.

#20 ·
I wonder how much the KSP reduces latency.

Also, the removable cable is a nice addition.

I also like the fact that they added onboard memory for the lighting. F keys macros are good too, but I dunno if its possible on the other keyboards.

I would've loved to see linear romer-g switches and a wireless keyboard like this too.

#22 ·
Considering also that most keyboards (even old PS2 keyboards) have an input delay no higher than ~15ms. Also, mechanical switches inherently have 'debounce' so there is basically "built in" input delay. IR/Optical switches have eliminated the debounce issue but are still mainly in a testing phase and not adapted by many. Add in the dead space of travel time to hit the keys actuation point and you are just adding up the milliseconds. Too many factors, besides the actual keyboard, affect this and is the main reason why I recommend people to choose a keyboard off of feel and how well it fits your application.

#24 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by drazah View Post

I recommend people to choose a keyboard off of feel and how well it fits your application.
Oh I can definitely confirm that romer g feels nice, and there is nothing else remotely like them in the market (well beside Creative PRES which are the exact same). They have the bump right below the keycap it really feels like a mouse button in a sense its hard to explain but for gaming it's imo the best tactile switch.
For typing its also nice but bottoming out lacks the pronounced "clack" of others so if you like that and you type a lot, then it might not be suitable. However it is not a mushy switch at all, some people call it that just because it has a silent bottoming out which is ridiculous.

#25 ·
Finally. A normal-looking TKL keyboard with detachable wire from logitech. Now I just need to wait until my cm storm quickfire rapid dies (which won't be anytime soon it seems) and I can get this one. Did anyone manage to buy a US layout version in EU from logitech? I really need the small return key.

#26 ·
Im pretty sure I will be buying a RGB TKL mechanical keyboard in the next 12 month and Im always looking for new logitech products but again.. no keyboard from logitech for me.

One type of switch is not enough. They should offer romer G AND common cherry MX. Atleast blue and browns
mad.gif

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.