looking for a FPS gaming keyboard - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

looking for a FPS gaming keyboard

post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-29-2018, 02:20 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 8 (Unique: 8)
Ye that is just marketing at hand. Thats for the keyboard itself but thats just a tiny little part in the whole input chain. Internet connection, computer, monitor, your own reaction time, how fast your finger is moving, your own hand movement speed and accuracy. That lower input lag wont change anything. That being said my ocd have me searching for love input lag keyboard eventually lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-29-2018, 02:34 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 474 (Unique: 320)
Quote: Originally Posted by reqq View Post
Ye that is just marketing at hand. Thats for the keyboard itself but thats just a tiny little part in the whole input chain. Internet connection, computer, monitor, your own reaction time, how fast your finger is moving, your own hand movement speed and accuracy. That lower input lag wont change anything. That being said my ocd have me searching for love input lag keyboard eventually lol.
What I find interesting about the low input lag stuff is: I've seen testing somewhere about normal USB mechanical keyboards that shows that the lag is changing a lot between your key presses. For example, sometimes the signal of you doing a key press shows up after 8 ms, but then sometimes it needs 16ms to send the signal. With the special low input lag keyboard, I'd hope that the best and worst lag times are closer in comparison to a normal keyboard.

I'm guessing lag if it's constant would be totally fine for your muscle memory. If it would be always 12 ms for example, your brain would learn to take those 12 ms into account while training itself on how to time finger movements. But if it's sometimes faster and sometimes slower latency, this could maybe sabotage muscle memory? With the special keyboard, the low latency itself perhaps helps less than the fact that it makes the slowest and fastest signal more similar.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-30-2018, 12:02 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 8 (Unique: 8)
Didnt know that, i wonder if it because of metal contact? Ye for muscle memory consistency is key. I eyeing optical switches for my next board.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-30-2018, 12:21 PM
Retired Staff

Rep: 675 (Unique: 477)

This is what I use, MX Blues, fully customizable

Home PC
(13 items)
CPU
Intel G3440
Motherboard
Asus B85M-E/CSM
GPU
EVGA GTX 950
RAM
Patriot Viper 3 - 2x8GB 1600hz
Hard Drive
Samsung EVO 850 - 500GB + 4TB x2 / 3TB x 2 - WD
Optical Drive
LG CH12LS28 Bluray
Power Supply
Corsair CX430 V2
Cooling
Scythe Big Shuriken 2 w/Corsair SP120 Fan
Case
NMEDIAPC HTPC 6000B w/ Pro LCD Module
Operating System
Windows 10 64 Bit
Monitor
Samsung 75" TV....
Keyboard
GooBang Doo MX3
Mouse
GooBang Doo MX3
▲ hide details ▲

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in