Low Profile Mechanical Keyboards - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Low Profile Mechanical Keyboards

post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-23-2018, 02:29 AM - Thread Starter
gaymer

Rep: 0
Low Profile Mechanical Keyboards

Hi,
I recently looked up this massdrop ctrl keyboard and fell in love with its low profile look. The drop is currently inactive so I can't buy that one right now, and I checked ducky and they didn't have any keyboards looking like this where the switches are exposed on a completely level surface without any indent. The logitech g513 has that look, but I'm not sure if I wanna go with logitech switches.

Do you guys know any of these recent "low-profile" keyboards from reputable brands? RGB preferred, but not necessary.

Last edited by RadioHamster; 11-23-2018 at 02:33 AM. Reason: wording
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-18-2019, 05:06 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 6 (Unique: 6)
K70 MK.2 Low Profile RAPIDFIRE
CoolerMaster SK630

Last edited by Koslov; 01-18-2019 at 05:13 PM.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-23-2019, 02:30 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 14 (Unique: 14)
Yeah so far only the K70 and Coolermaster out there. The CM doesnt have palm rest.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-23-2019, 03:09 PM
Overclocker

Rep: 293 (Unique: 214)
Only took them 10 years to start offering keyboards with sensible key travel and flat top keycaps. And charging 10x premium compared to what they should cost...
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-23-2019, 04:14 PM
Expand Always in Always

Rep: 616 (Unique: 458)
I was looking for something similar to do my music production on. I found these in my research.

1-Hexgears X-1 (Wireless/Wired) https://www.hexgears.org/collections...nical-keyboard

2-HAVIT HV-KB390L (Wired, Only Blue switches) https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...0616f1f230df39

3-Tesoro Gram Spectrum (Wired,Blue & Red switches) https://www.amazon.com/Tesoro-Mechan.../dp/B01EISM9YO

4-Drevo Joyeuse (Wireless/Wired Blacks & Reds that I know of) https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...1c03bb6e005183

5-Anidees AI Prismatic(67-Keys white switches)Wired/Wireless https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ae0fe05f64a500

Plus there are the ones mentioned in the above post. The Hexgears X-1 and Anidees AI are probably the ones I'm going to go for(Wireless is key for me). Although the Coolermaster SK630 looks good too, whenever it comes out.

BP v2
(17 items)
CPU
Ryzen 1700
Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix 350-F
GPU
Sapphire RX nitro 480 8GB
RAM
Crucial Ballistix sport 32GB
Hard Drive
x2 Intel s3500 240GB
Hard Drive
x2 Intel s3500 600GB
Hard Drive
Intel s3500 300GB
Power Supply
SeaSonic Focus 650
Cooling
Fractual Design S24
Case
Anidees Crystal Cube Lite
Operating System
Win 10/Fedora 28 WS
Monitor
LG 29UM68-P
Monitor
LG 24in
Keyboard
Drevo Calibur 71 RGB wireless(Blacks)
Mouse
Logitech G703
Audio
Klipsch R-14/15PM - 10in Sub
Audio
ATH M40x/ Phillips SHP9500S
▲ hide details ▲

Last edited by reezin14; 01-23-2019 at 04:48 PM.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 03:02 AM
New to Overclock.net

Apex M800 also seems to have flat design. But that thing is huge, I'd want a TKL.

https://steelseries.com/gaming-keyboards/apex-m800

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-25-2019, 12:32 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Sharkoon PureWriter (Kailh Low Profile - Blue and Red - RGB and Blue Backlit ) - https://en.sharkoon.com/category/gaming/keyboards.aspx
There is full size, which is very compact and TKL.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-13-2019, 10:06 PM
New to Overclock.net

Just got a Low Profile Corsair K70 off Best Buy for 129.00 Great Keyboard!!!! I would buy a half dozen of these even the low profile makes a BIG difference you don't even have to bottom out the yes.

from another hardware site I wrote about this plank..... cut paste

This is the perfect mechanical keyboard switches feel really good that can change over time I know feels chalky smooth. The low profile feels next to a scissor switch maybe slightly higher since It feels like the old Microsoft 600 which was membrane height is similar but I know this one won't go mushy on me. It's a big difference from regular height Cherry switches. One of the problems I had on my other Corsair K70 keyboard the distance from the W key to the Shift key while running in FPS games seemed too tight this doesn't feel like my pinky will run off the shift key there is plenty of room. Not sure if it's the low profile switches or less distance for the hand movement. This Keyboard makes everything else I own mechanical inferior I would buy a 6 of these things. You don't even feel the need to bottom out the switches if you do it's no big deal you don't really notice it I'm sure you would get used to it over a few days. I mean if you want to strafe in games and piss off the other player it's a good keyboard for that since the keys are lower asddadadasdasdsasdasdsadd nice plank.....
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-13-2019, 11:41 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by Shiotcrock View Post
Just got a Low Profile Corsair K70 off Best Buy for 129.00 Great Keyboard!!!! I would buy a half dozen of these even the low profile makes a BIG difference you don't even have to bottom out the yes.

from another hardware site I wrote about this plank..... cut paste

This is the perfect mechanical keyboard switches feel really good that can change over time I know feels chalky smooth. The low profile feels next to a scissor switch maybe slightly higher since It feels like the old Microsoft 600 which was membrane height is similar but I know this one won't go mushy on me. It's a big difference from regular height Cherry switches. One of the problems I had on my other Corsair K70 keyboard the distance from the W key to the Shift key while running in FPS games seemed too tight this doesn't feel like my pinky will run off the shift key there is plenty of room. Not sure if it's the low profile switches or less distance for the hand movement. This Keyboard makes everything else I own mechanical inferior I would buy a 6 of these things. You don't even feel the need to bottom out the switches if you do it's no big deal you don't really notice it I'm sure you would get used to it over a few days. I mean if you want to strafe in games and piss off the other player it's a good keyboard for that since the keys are lower asddadadasdasdsasdasdsadd nice plank.....
Did you get the speed or normal low profile? Too bad it's not going to be available in TKL so it's out of the question for me.

https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop...uct_list&c=776
Filco released stingray low profile lineup with TKL options as well. But no palm rest so it's out of the question as well, you just can't win if you want a TKL low profile with palm rest

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-14-2019, 06:44 AM
New to Overclock.net

Regular low profile Cherry switches I don't use a palm rest because I have some really good arm chair rests on my chair and scoot my chair and keyboard up. I don't stumble for typing or anything because the switches are not really that sensitive.

The only problem I have is the Icue software I updated it but it's using a old red profile from my last K70 =) then it loads the new one for some reason after startup.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in