[Official] Mechanical Keyboard Guide - Page 1457 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Official] Mechanical Keyboard Guide

post #14561 of 14569 (permalink) Old 09-13-2017, 04:38 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman2733 View Post

Welp you are right they both have the same actuation distance, I don't keep up on razer stuff however you are indeed correct. To the finger they will both be the same get whichever comes with the keyboard you like.

Good little read on these switches

http://www.pcgamer.com/the-new-cherry-mx-speed-silver-may-become-its-most-popular-gaming-switch/

I've typed on a corsair and I loved the experience. My biggest issue with it is that I can only find US and UK layouts available which is upsetting. The article you've mentioned is really helpful. Thanks a lot smile.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14562 of 14569 (permalink) Old 09-13-2017, 04:45 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 53 (Unique: 39)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlehh View Post

I've typed on a corsair and I loved the experience. My biggest issue with it is that I can only find US and UK layouts available which is upsetting. The article you've mentioned is really helpful. Thanks a lot smile.gif

Yea that is a problem it seems not a lot of keyboard companies are using the MX Silver switches yet, I did find out that Vortex is. I am actually typing on a Race 3 with silver switches, not sure of your keyboard requirements but maybe try mechanicalkeyboards.com and sort the keyboards by their switch type and see if you can find one that suits your needs. Thats if you haven't already done this lol

Intel i9 [email protected]
Evga Z390 Dark
G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3600mhz
Asus Strix OC 2080Ti
Evga 1300 G2
Samsung CRG9
post #14563 of 14569 (permalink) Old 09-13-2017, 04:47 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:

Yea that is a problem it seems not a lot of keyboard companies are using the MX Silver switches yet, I did find out that Vortex is. I am actually typing on a Race 3 with silver switches, not sure of your keyboard requirements but maybe try mechanicalkeyboards.com and sort the keyboards by their switch type and see if you can find one that suits your needs. Thats if you haven't already done this lol

I haven't done that yet o.O' going to check it out now! tongue.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14564 of 14569 (permalink) Old 09-13-2017, 04:55 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:

Hadn't done that, but now I came across a lot more options! Eheh those ducky rgb ones look really nice wink.gif
post #14565 of 14569 (permalink) Old 09-13-2017, 10:01 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 53 (Unique: 39)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlehh View Post

Hadn't done that, but now I came across a lot more options! Eheh those ducky rgb ones look really nice wink.gif

Can't go wrong with a Ducky they are quality I have been wanting to pick one up but I am a stickler for desk top foot print. If you don't mind DSA or 75% caps check out the Vortex Race 3 I love this things foot print and feel it is built like a tank.

Intel i9 [email protected]
Evga Z390 Dark
G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3600mhz
Asus Strix OC 2080Ti
Evga 1300 G2
Samsung CRG9
post #14566 of 14569 (permalink) Old 09-18-2017, 03:53 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:

Can't go wrong with a Ducky they are quality I have been wanting to pick one up but I am a stickler for desk top foot print. If you don't mind DSA or 75% caps check out the Vortex Race 3 I love this things foot print and feel it is built like a tank.

Btw, do you know what's their polling rate? ( Ducky and vortex keyboards)
post #14567 of 14569 (permalink) Old 09-24-2017, 03:52 PM
New to Overclock.net

Hi, I was wondering if cherry mx brown switches are like the feel of tactile is like that on a laptop specifically the lenovo t430 tactile keys?
post #14568 of 14569 (permalink) Old 09-25-2017, 06:20 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybro View Post

Hi, I was wondering if cherry mx brown switches are like the feel of tactile is like that on a laptop specifically the lenovo t430 tactile keys?
i havent tried that lenovo laptop keyboard, but im sure you wont have the same feeling.
Maybe the pressure point could be equal, but the length the standalone keyboard key travels when you press it in comparison to the shallow laptop one is, id say, at least double, and definitely changes the way you feel when typing.

btw I have das keyboard model s ultimate with mx brown

'There is not such thing as miraculous as impossible to be..not even Gizmo'

post #14569 of 14569 (permalink) Old 11-11-2017, 03:46 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 34 (Unique: 27)
Reviving ye ole thread here..

Has anyone noticed any degradation in quality in cherry mechanical switched?

My first cherry keyboard lasted years not a single issue ever.

I got a new keyboard last year because I wanted heaps of macro keys, Runs red cherry switches just like my first.
But this one started chattering on multiple keys within a couple months, got a replacement and it did the same thing.

So rather than get the same keyboard again (I figured it was the manufacturer not the switch causing the issue)
I got a completely different brand.... same deal cherry reds... started chatterinng within a couple months..

So now I'm thinking it may be the cherry switches..

Am I crazy? or is there validity to my insanity?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in