[Official] Mechanical Keyboard Club - Because saving money is boring. - Page 3738 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Official] Mechanical Keyboard Club - Because saving money is boring.

post #37371 of 37426 (permalink) Old 02-04-2019, 06:35 AM
To The Game

Rep: 287 (Unique: 197)
Quote: Originally Posted by CptAsian View Post
Not really, no. I'm just a pretty heavy PC user as well, and I'd like to think I take pretty good care of all of my stuff. Interestingly, I'm pretty sure it's just mice that have worn out on me like that. The only other PC part that's died on me has been an HD 7990 due to higher average temps since it's a dual GPU card, and even then I kept both cores under 70-75 C.
Do you have large hands? Could see big hands doing a lot of damage over time to a mouse. Find it interesting as to what causes such things.

I've had mixed results with headsets. I tend to get cheaper ones since I only use them in co-op for voice. I also tend to be rough with them since they were cheap. Last pair one of the ears went out. Though for my current set I picked up a Sony PlayStation gold wireless headset that I care about a little more. Want to keep that one around.

That K70 keyboard comes in today. Can't wait to check it out. That Das has been a great keyboard though it's bulky for my keyboard tray and I'm bored with it. I'm also looking forward to replacing my work keyboard with the Das. I'm at work right now typing this on a cheap Logitech K120 membrane keyboard. It's a good keyboard for what it is and better then what came with the computers but I need mech in my work life.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #37372 of 37426 (permalink) Old 02-04-2019, 07:18 AM
Gamer, Folder, $$ Waster

Rep: 55 (Unique: 51)
Quote: Originally Posted by Chargeit View Post
Do you have large hands? Could see big hands doing a lot of damage over time to a mouse. Find it interesting as to what causes such things.

I've had mixed results with headsets. I tend to get cheaper ones since I only use them in co-op for voice. I also tend to be rough with them since they were cheap. Last pair one of the ears went out. Though for my current set I picked up a Sony PlayStation gold wireless headset that I care about a little more. Want to keep that one around.

That K70 keyboard comes in today. Can't wait to check it out. That Das has been a great keyboard though it's bulky for my keyboard tray and I'm bored with it. I'm also looking forward to replacing my work keyboard with the Das. I'm at work right now typing this on a cheap Logitech K120 membrane keyboard. It's a good keyboard for what it is and better then what came with the computers but I need mech in my work life.

I sure do have pretty dang large hands, and as a result I'm 100% palm grip. I'm not sure how that could detract from the life of the mouse, but I do tend to move my arm very, very little when using my mouse, so that means I'm constantly picking it up and putting it back down. That light impact, even with a mousepad, could have an effect over a few years I guess.

To get back on topic, Das boards seem like they're pretty nice, but they're just not interesting to me anymore. The friend of mine that originally introduced me and a few others to computer building had a Das as his first mech, way back in 2013. I'll always remember their online store for selling earplugs though, that was a nice touch. The K120 is a classic though; I feel like everybody has one or has used one, and it was pretty nice to type on for a $10 membrane board.

Still in Beta Folding Team
Mechanical Keyboard Club
Ryzen 5 Owners Club
AMD R9 Radeon Fury/Nano/X/Pro/Duo Fiji Owners Club
Cooler Master HAF XB Club
Corsair Carbide Air 540 Owner's Club
The Relic
(25 items)
The Qube V2
(20 items)
CPU
[AMD] Ryzen 5 1600X
Motherboard
[Gigabyte] AX370-Gaming K5
GPU
[Sapphire] R9 Fury Nitro
GPU
[Sapphire] R9 Fury Nitro
RAM
[G.Skill] Trident Z RGB 4x8 DDR4 3200
Hard Drive
[Western Digital] WD Black M.2 512 GB SSD
Hard Drive
[Western Digital] WD Black 3 TB HDD
Hard Drive
[Western Digital] WD Black 3 TB HDD
Power Supply
[Seasonic] Prime 1000W Gold
Cooling
[NZXT] Kraken X52
Cooling
[Thermaltake] Riing 14 Blue Case Fan
Cooling
[Thermaltake] Riing 12 Blue Case Fan x7
Case
[Corsair] Air 540
Operating System
[Microsoft] Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
[BenQ] GW2765HT 27" 2560x1440
Monitor
[BenQ] GW2765HT 27" 2560x1440
Keyboard
[WASD] V2 Fullsize with Cherry MX Greens
Mouse
[Roccat] Tyon
Mouse
[XTracPads] Ripper XXL Gaming Mat
Audio
[M-Audio] Studiophile Q40
Audio
[Fiio] E10 USB Amp/DAC
Audio
[Samson] Go Mic
Other
[NZXT] Hue
Other
[NZXT] Sentry Mix 2
Other
[Cablemod] Custom Cable Extensions
CPU
[AMD] FX-4300
Motherboard
[MSI] 970A Pro Gaming Carbon
GPU
[EVGA] GTX 980 SC
GPU
[EVGA] GTX 960 SSC
RAM
[G.Skill] Ares 2x4 DDR3-1600
Hard Drive
[Samsung] 840 120 GB SSD
Power Supply
[Seasonic] Platinum-1000
Cooling
[NZXT] Kraken X40
Cooling
[Cougar] CF-V14S
Cooling
[Cougar] CF-V14S
Cooling
[Cougar] CF-V14S
Cooling
[Cougar] CF-V12HP
Cooling
[Cooler Master] 80 mm Case Fan
Cooling
[Cooler Master] 80 mm Case Fan
Case
[Cooler Master] HAF XB
Operating System
[Microsoft] Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Keyboard
[Logitech] K400 Plus
Other
[NZXT] Sentry Mix 2 Fan Controller
Other
[NZXT] Hue Light Kit
Other
[Phanteks] Sleeved Cable Extensions
▲ hide details ▲

post #37373 of 37426 (permalink) Old 02-04-2019, 07:58 AM
To The Game

Quote: Originally Posted by CptAsian View Post
I sure do have pretty dang large hands, and as a result I'm 100% palm grip. I'm not sure how that could detract from the life of the mouse, but I do tend to move my arm very, very little when using my mouse, so that means I'm constantly picking it up and putting it back down. That light impact, even with a mousepad, could have an effect over a few years I guess.

To get back on topic, Das boards seem like they're pretty nice, but they're just not interesting to me anymore. The friend of mine that originally introduced me and a few others to computer building had a Das as his first mech, way back in 2013. I'll always remember their online store for selling earplugs though, that was a nice touch. The K120 is a classic though; I feel like everybody has one or has used one, and it was pretty nice to type on for a $10 membrane board.
That's it then. You've got large hands which likely put a lot more wear on your mouse (heavy fingers and the such). I've got average sized hands so my mice tend to last a long time.

This Das Pro 4 is buildt like a tank. Could use the thing as a blunt weapon and not dent it I'd think. Mine uses Cherry Mx browns so it's not overly loud. Yeah the keyboard is great but it's pretty boring compared to some of the newer ones out there. It's funny because I had no intentions of replacing it but now that I am I can't wait to try something new.

Can't complain about this k120. Think they're $8.99 on amazon right now. For the price you get a solid enough keyboard that is fairly satisfying to type on and seems to be sturdy enough. Might not be able to use it as a blunt weapon but it's cheap enough that you could just chuck the things. =D

Last edited by Chargeit; 02-04-2019 at 08:05 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #37374 of 37426 (permalink) Old 02-04-2019, 03:52 PM
To The Game

Well, got the K70 in. First impressions is it feels less premium then my Das pro 4 though that was to be expected. Outside of the that volume knob on it doesn't have a click and tactical feedback like the das does making it noticeably less satisfying to adjust the volume.

None of this is too much of an issue though what is an issue is the keyboard is too high for my keyboard tray. I can't close the tray with the keyboard in it. Because of my diy computer chair mat I can't lower the keyboard tray lower then it currently is without my knees hitting it.

I've included some pics of what I'm talking about. You can see my mat and where the keys on the K70 hit the mounting location of my keyboard tray. =(
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190204_184748.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	2.00 MB
ID:	251544  

Name:	20190204_184813.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	1.08 MB
ID:	251546  

post #37375 of 37426 (permalink) Old 02-04-2019, 06:58 PM
To The Game

post #37376 of 37426 (permalink) Old 02-04-2019, 07:16 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 511 (Unique: 286)
post #37377 of 37426 (permalink) Old 02-04-2019, 07:28 PM
To The Game

Quote: Originally Posted by skupples View Post
that's some dark... juice... oil?
Two things. First, the tank is tinted. second I think I've been vaping on the tank for 3 or 4 days. Getting about time for me to replace the atomizer. When I swap out my atomizer I clean out the tank and replace the juice.
post #37378 of 37426 (permalink) Old 02-05-2019, 11:37 AM
To The Game

Got the Logitech G513 in today. Build quality feels better then the K70 though I'm not a huge fan of the Romer G switches. Feels like a poor mans brown switch. The Tt Esport Poseidon with Cherry MX Browns I'm replacing has a better overall feel. Though, might just take some getting used to.

I like the wrist rest that comes with the G513. Going to use it with that K70.

Last edited by Chargeit; 02-05-2019 at 11:44 AM.
post #37379 of 37426 (permalink) Old 02-08-2019, 02:50 PM
*AMD OC newbie*

Rep: 0
A good friend of mine sold his Ducky One 2 Horizon, it was an offer that I could not refuse.

With Silver Switches, I never tried they before, I like it more than reds, but I'm not sure yet if also more than the browns, jejeje.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_20190208_084402.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	3.17 MB
ID:	252282  

Name:	IMG_20190208_163556.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	2.82 MB
ID:	252284  

Name:	IMG_20190208_140550.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	1.45 MB
ID:	252286  

Kaer Noctis
(26 items)
CPU
Ryzen 5 1600x
Motherboard
Asus ROG Crosshair VI Hero
GPU
EVGA gtx1070 FTW
RAM
G.Skill Trident Z
Hard Drive
Samsung NVMe 961
Hard Drive
Adata XPG SSD
Hard Drive
Toshiba 2.5"
Hard Drive
Seagate Barracuda
Hard Drive
Western Digital
Power Supply
Corsair AX760
Cooling
Corsair H100i v2
Cooling
3 x Cooler Master Jetflo 120 Red
Cooling
1 x Scite GrandFlex
Cooling
2 x Corsair SP120
Case
NZXT 450 Noctis
Operating System
Windows 10
Monitor
Benq 27" Led
Monitor
Samsung Syncmaster 24"
Keyboard
CMstorm MECH
Mouse
Logitech G502
Mousepad
Asus Whetstone
Audio
Creative SoundBlaster Zx
Audio
Logitech Z906
Audio
HyperX Cloud
Audio
Razer Seiren Microphone
Other
LCDSysinfo for GOverlay
▲ hide details ▲
post #37380 of 37426 (permalink) Old 02-09-2019, 08:55 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
I want to try a Ducky keyboard I don't need a Ducky Shine as long as it has PBT keycaps.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in