[Official] Mechanical Keyboard Club - Because saving money is boring.
Welcome to the Overclock Official Mechanical Keyboard Club.
Home to the loudest typers on Overclock.
This is a place where you can come and discuss anything and everything mechanical keyboard related.
Whether you want to speak with other enthusiasts and discuss new products, or if you want tips on building a custom keyboard, this is a great place to discuss the topic with other people, and maybe even learn something along the way.
- For more info on Mechanical Keyboards, please visit the OCN Mechanical Keyboard Guide.
- For help deciding which mechanical or non-mechanical board to choose, please visit the OCN Keyboard Suggestion thread.
- For a list of often suggested boards, visit OCN's Recommended Mechanical Keyboard thread.
The winners so far. (Click to show)
October 2012 - Gubz
November 2012 - Boost
December 2012U - _AKIMbO_
February 2013 - mironccr345
March 2013 - eyesmiles
- Filco Majestouch 2
- Modified to Cherry MX Panda-Clears
- Vortex Aluminum Grey Case
- IMSTO thick PBT keycaps
- EK Grey CC Skull
April 2013 - _AKIMbO_
May 2013 - jokrik
June 2013 - TadZilla
July 2013 - megaforce93
- KBC Poker
- 62g MX Clears
- Oneproduct AI Case
- RainDrop modifiers keycaps
- Kalxon RA alpha keycaps
- MKC AI spacebar
August 2013 - nubbinator
- KBT Pure
- Custom poplar and redheart case with black suede lining
- Pink and White LEDs
- Lubed MX Blacks and MX Reds w/ MX Clear springs
- Custom sleeved USB cable
- Cherry white on black doubleshot keycaps
- GMK CMYK modifiers
- Bunnycap keycap
September 2013 - HesterDW
October 2013 - nubbinator
November 2013 - jokrik
December 2013 - Badwrench
- Filco Majestouch 2 TKL w/ MX Blues
- Blue aluminum case
- Blank keycaps
February 2014 - JayKthnx
- Ergodox Classic
- Lubed and stickered MX Browns
- Hyper Fuse doubleshot keycaps
- Sleeved cables
- Standard QWERTY layout
March 2014 - Jixr
- Cooler Master QuickFire XT
- Lubed MX Blacks
- Custom painted case
- Stock red LEDs replaced with white LEDs
- Custom Jixr spacebar
April 2014 - jdcarpe
May 2014 - HPE1000
- FaceW 60% PCB
- FMJ Design #2 Aluminum Case
- 67g lubed and stickered Ergo Clears
- Transparent Switch Tops
- 5mm Thick Acrylic Plate
- GMK Classic Beige Doubleshot Keycaps
- Army Man Green Brobot
June 2014 - Jixr
July 2014 - mark-thaddeus
August 2014 - Exfiltrate
September 2014 - topre
- GON NerD TKL PCB
- GON full semi-clear acrylic housing
- Purple case LEDs
- Blue F-row and arrow LEDs
- Stickered and lubed MX Clears w/ 62g Korean springs and clipped Cherry stabs
- BSP 'Classic Beige' Blue legend Thick PBT GMK doubleshot blue ESC, enter and arrow cluster
- Cable by Pexon PCs
October 2014 - HPE1000
November 2014 - razr m3
December 2014 - Jixr
- Korean Duck Mini
- BSP Keycaps
- Tex Aluminium case
- Blue/cyan/green LEDs
- Vintage MX Blacks
- Aluminium spacebar
- Stainless steel plate
- Sockets for solderless LED removal
January 2015 - HPE1000
- 360 Corsa
- 75g gold spring lubed old/vintage MX Black switches
- MX Super Black Esc key
- Blank black Cherry profile PBT keycaps
- Blank PBT RGB modifiers
February 2015 - euf0ria
- Filco Majestouch-2
March 2015 - Angrychair
- Sprit60 White PCB
- Opaque acrylic plate
- Cherry MX White switches w/ 78g gold springs, gold switch stickers and white LEDs
- Cherry stabilizers w/ gold stabilizer bars
- White PBT keycaps w/ clear O-rings
- Clear acrylic Boomerang case
- White USB cable w/ white MDPC sleeving and gold plated connectors
- Poker II layout
Please feel free to use the sig link below (members on the list only):
I <3 Mechanical Keyboard
I <3 [URL=https://www.overclock.net/t/538389/mechanical-keyboard-club]Mechanical Keyboard[/URL]
If you're joining the club for the first time:
- If you are joining with one keyboard, you must submit the form and provide your own picture of it.
- If you are joining with more than one keyboard, you must submit the form with your own picture of at least one of the boards, preferably all of them if possible.
If you're in the club already:
- If you want to edit your entry i.e. add or remove boards from your entry, you must submit the form with the list of all the boards you want next to your name not just the new ones. This is because the new copy of the form you submit will overwrite the previous one(s). So for example, if you're currently listed as owning a Ducky Shine 3, but you want to add a WASD V2 to your entry aswell, then you'd submit the form listing the Ducky Shine 3 and WASD V2.
The KOTM competition is currently on hold indefinitely until prizing and format changes are addressed.
- At the start of the month I create a Keyboard of the Month (KOTM) thread.
- You can use the dedicated KOTM thread to post pictures of your keyboard that you are entering (optional) and to submit your entry for that month via the Google Docs form.
- Entries are accepted up until the last week of the month, after which entries for that month are closed.
- If more than 3 unique valid entries are submitted, then I will then put up a poll in that thread of all the submissions and the poll will stay up for the rest of the month to let people from all over the site vote. If the required number of entries is not met, the KOTM for that month will be cancelled and the KOTM will continue the following month.
- After the voting closes, I will announce the winner on the first of the following month, their name will be added to the list of winners, a picture of their board put in the Mechanical Keyboard Club OP to show off their work, and they will be able to claim a limited edition OCN Keyboard of the Month keycap that you can see below.
- You must enter your own board, I reserve the right to ask for proof of ownership of any board I think may not belong to you.
- You can enter as many times as you like per year with one board or different ones.
- You can win at most three times in a single year, and not two months in a row
- You can only win once with a given board, if you win twice with a board appearing to be the same, proof of the differences between the two will be required.
- Only one image will be put up as your entry's poll picture, if you submit two images then I will pick which one.
- You may change your entry once before the competition starts, any subsequent entries by you for that month will be ignored. Your entry cannot be changed once the poll is up.
- You can request the poll picture in the KOTM thread be changed once.
- I reserve the right to permanently exclude any people who's submissions break any of the competition rules or the OCN ToS e.g. submissions clearly meant to advertise.
Tips For Entering:
- Get inventive: you're unlikely to do well if you're just changing out a few keycaps
- Provide a good picture: Your picture is what sells your entry to voters, so do your best to make it look good, for some tips see this thread.
How To Claim Your Prize If You Win:
If you win, I will send you a PM requesting the following information:
- Competition thread link:
- Prize Won:
- Full OCN Username:
- Full Name:
- Full Address & Post/Zip Code:
- Tankguys Email Address:
NOTE: You MUST create a Tankguys account and fill out your shipping info in the account info! If you don't, we cannot ship the prize out to you!
Upon receiving this information, staff will organise your prize to be sent out.
Trying to claim a prize when you haven't won the KOTM competition will get you banned from all future KOTM competitions.
The prize for the KOTM competition. (Click to show)
Good luck to all!
MotherboardMSI Z390 MPG EDGE AC
GPUEVGA GTX 1080 FTW
RAMG-Skill Ripjaws V
Hard DriveIntel 760p NVME
Hard DriveCorsair Force LE SSD
Power SupplyEVGA G2 Fully Modular
CoolingCorsair H100i V2
CaseCorsair Obsidian 750D
Operating SystemWindows 10 Home x64
KeyboardLogitech G Pro TenKeyLess
MouseLogitech G403 Wireless
MousepadSpigen Mouse/Keyboard Mat
AudioAstro A40 w/ Mixamp
................ ............................... ..........
............................. ............ .... ........ ..
.......... ............... ................
I'll jump in, I guess. Filco Cherry Brown. I have a few pictures:
And one of the whole desk so you can get an idea of how big the keyboard really is; this is a 5" wide fold-up table.
Maybe you should keep the name to 1 "z" (Mechanical Keyboard ownerzzz) so it doesn't look like owning a mechanical keyboard makes you sleepy lol
oh and make an OCN group for it...
Athlon XP 1700+ 1.4GHz to 2.39GHz
Intel Core2 E6600 2.4GHz to 3.4GHz
Intel Xeon X5272 3.4GHz to 3.66GHz
Intel i7-5820K 3.6GHz to 4.0GHz
Filco Majestouch with Cherry Blues.
Italian Red Chassis with red ESC key and lavender WASD cluster.
There are no choppers, only tumors.
My Audi features the ubiquitous "Add Noise" button.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|