Forum Jump: 

Corepad Vs. Hyperglides

post #11 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-12-2011, 06:30 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyroh View Post

Try out these guys http://www.frozencpu.com/

Thanks but they're USA too. Not a problem, but when buying something so small I begrudge paying shipping that is more than the price of the item itself :-P lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-06-2020, 02:41 PM
New to Overclock.net

Hyperglides are still better than Corepad? in the material
post #13 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-06-2020, 02:56 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 33 (Unique: 27)
dont think so
maybe sometimes "better" rounded ... but much less models ...
corepad also uses 100%PTFE
and there ALR Skatez are also a good alternative if there are no specific skatez for the model ...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-11-2020, 11:41 PM
Not a Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 43 (Unique: 33)
Corepad is the "new" standard and has rendered Hyperglide obsolete since quite some years by now.
They have the same quality material, rounded edges, but outclass them in the following parameters:

-Thickness is closer if not equal to stock feet. This prevents cpi change from raising the mouse from the surface with thicker feet. If you raise the sensor height, cpi will also change as the same pixels are imaged on an wider surface (less "dots" per inch). Use thicker feet only if cpi is too high compared to the intended value.

-Availability. HG has a very limited amount of mice it does feet for and takes forever to update it's catalog. Other than that they are often out of stock. Basically a failing company.

-Price. Corepads cost less than HG while being the same quality and having better design.

-Design: Corepads have the sensor ring for mice that use it (search 3360 z axis bug to understand why it's useful) while HG don't. On top of that, HG feet for the wired g pro for example are hollow on the inside, being a thin teflon membrane on top of an oval support on the edges. How did they come up with such a stupid design beats me, other than that which fortunately does not affect all models of feet, the fact that they insist on making thicker than spec feet and no sensor rings just shows how little they understand about sensor operation.

"a bad joint can't be that bad right?" -q
post #15 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-12-2020, 12:02 AM
LTSC for life crew

Rep: 156 (Unique: 107)
I get the feeling that the OP has moved on in the 9 years since this thread was made.

CPU
Ryzen 1600 AF
Motherboard
MSI X470 Gaming Plus
GPU
MSI R9 390 8GB
RAM
16GB DDR4-3000
Hard Drive
120GB HP M700 SSD
Hard Drive
Samsung Spintpoint M9T 2TB
Hard Drive
Seagate Barracuda 500GB
Power Supply
Corsair HX1200 (2017)
Cooling
Thermalright True Spirit 140
Case
Fractal Define S
Operating System
Windows 10 LTSC
Keyboard
Alienware W/Cherry MX Switches
Mouse
Logitech G5
▲ hide details ▲

post #16 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-12-2020, 06:12 AM
New to Overclock.net

Yes he is on glide

feel Hyperglides are more solid in the mix or form, now when comparing them, ordered a pair MS-3

still corepads are quite okay
post #17 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-12-2020, 09:39 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
Quote: Originally Posted by the1freeMan View Post
Corepad is the "new" standard and has rendered Hyperglide obsolete since quite some years by now.
They have the same quality material, rounded edges, but outclass them in the following parameters:

-Thickness is closer if not equal to stock feet. This prevents cpi change from raising the mouse from the surface with thicker feet. If you raise the sensor height, cpi will also change as the same pixels are imaged on an wider surface (less "dots" per inch). Use thicker feet only if cpi is too high compared to the intended value.

-Availability. HG has a very limited amount of mice it does feet for and takes forever to update it's catalog. Other than that they are often out of stock. Basically a failing company.

-Price. Corepads cost less than HG while being the same quality and having better design.

-Design: Corepads have the sensor ring for mice that use it (search 3360 z axis bug to understand why it's useful) while HG don't. On top of that, HG feet for the wired g pro for example are hollow on the inside, being a thin teflon membrane on top of an oval support on the edges. How did they come up with such a stupid design beats me, other than that which fortunately does not affect all models of feet, the fact that they insist on making thicker than spec feet and no sensor rings just shows how little they understand about sensor operation.
thats nice, but i prefer the feel to hyperglides over the corepad, and will probably select hyperglides over corepads in most situations.
post #18 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-13-2020, 09:23 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 7 (Unique: 6)
Corepads are bad, hyperglides are overpriced (but good.)
Tiger Arcs are cheap and good.

I fell for Corepad "reinventing" their products like 4 times in total. Every time the edge rounding was still awful.
post #19 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-13-2020, 11:19 AM
OCN is bad civilization

Rep: 122 (Unique: 91)
Don't see the the appeal of hyperglides anymore tbh. Corepads have the same end result, have full set including the sensor ring and faster to deliver in EU.
Maybe edge rounding is less... pronounced? on corepad but I don't find this an issue whatsoever.
post #20 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-13-2020, 12:50 PM
Not a Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 43 (Unique: 33)
Quote: Originally Posted by NDUS View Post
Corepads are bad, hyperglides are overpriced (but good.)
Tiger Arcs are cheap and good.

I fell for Corepad "reinventing" their products like 4 times in total. Every time the edge rounding was still awful.
Tiger arc are even thicker than HG and the exaggerated rounding is just a marketing gimmick playing on the "rounded edges" meme. There is no point for that shape as it will just wear out more quickly and sink in the pad more.
I've had various amounts of old school tigers and hotlines which indeed do not have a rounded edge. That's not the case with with corepad by any means. Totally comparable to HG rounding, though there are people who occasionally get sent old batches, but that's fairly uncommon by now to say the least.
Maybe they are more common with feet for older mouse models?
Rounding on my g pro corepads is very similar to the one on the g400 HG, but yeah they're not as thick so you might notice it less, specially if you deathgrip your mouse into the pad which is just bad practice, specially with a 336x sensor.
Actually with mine you can push the mouse in all you want and you won't feel anything until you start catching on the plastic ridge surrounding the feet.

Quote: Originally Posted by hisXLNC View Post
thats nice, but i prefer the feel to hyperglides over the corepad, and will probably select hyperglides over corepads in most situations.
I don't see what feels better about HG since they are the same material. In my experience they feel very similar, except the g pro (wired) HG which are stupidly hollow on the inside making them slower.

"a bad joint can't be that bad right?" -q

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in