Corepad Vs. Hyperglides - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Corepad Vs. Hyperglides

Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #21 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-18-2020, 05:04 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
nlse's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 257
Rep: 0
Hyperglide SteelSeries Kinzu/Kana

https://us.maxgaming.com/us/mouse-sk...ies-kinzu-kana

Hyperglide Rival/Rival 300

https://us.maxgaming.com/us/mouse-sk...ival-rival-300

added new from Hyperglides, as they have a few retailers
nlse is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-18-2020, 07:09 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
Gonzalez07's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 329
Rep: 7 (Unique: 7)
i really want to try corepad, hyperglides were too slick for me. i recently tried puretrak mouse feet and they are so bad. they are extremely thick with 0 glide dont even waste your money
Gonzalez07 is offline  
post #23 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-21-2020, 02:13 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
hisXLNC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 229
Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
Quote: Originally Posted by the1freeMan View Post
Tiger arc are even thicker than HG and the exaggerated rounding is just a marketing gimmick playing on the "rounded edges" meme. There is no point for that shape as it will just wear out more quickly and sink in the pad more.
I've had various amounts of old school tigers and hotlines which indeed do not have a rounded edge. That's not the case with with corepad by any means. Totally comparable to HG rounding, though there are people who occasionally get sent old batches, but that's fairly uncommon by now to say the least.
Maybe they are more common with feet for older mouse models?
Rounding on my g pro corepads is very similar to the one on the g400 HG, but yeah they're not as thick so you might notice it less, specially if you deathgrip your mouse into the pad which is just bad practice, specially with a 336x sensor.
Actually with mine you can push the mouse in all you want and you won't feel anything until you start catching on the plastic ridge surrounding the feet.



I don't see what feels better about HG since they are the same material. In my experience they feel very similar, except the g pro (wired) HG which are stupidly hollow on the inside making them slower.
i tried hyperglides and corepadz when i had the finalmouse ul sunset. the hyperglides werent even the right ones for the mouse since they didnt have them at the time. They were just the regular round ones.

the hyperglides felt smoother and would glide better. the rounded edge was better.

the corepadz had minimal left over the ridge for the set area on the mouse even though they were made for ul sunset. if you pushed down they would drag more on the mousepad due to the poor clearance. they didnt glide as smooth as the HG either and they felt noticeably slower. I kept the corepadz on there just because of the perfect cut and because i had thrown out the hyperglides to try the corepadz and id have to order more again. it wasnt until i tried the xm1 and glorious d that i realized what absolute trash the corepadz were and that I should have changed them much sooner.

I would not order corepadz again.

If you have a different experience, thats nice, you can order from them.
hisXLNC is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #24 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-28-2020, 03:14 PM
Not a Linux Lobbyist
 
the1freeMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,202
Rep: 43 (Unique: 33)
Quote: Originally Posted by hisXLNC View Post
i tried hyperglides and corepadz when i had the finalmouse ul sunset. the hyperglides werent even the right ones for the mouse since they didnt have them at the time. They were just the regular round ones.

the hyperglides felt smoother and would glide better. the rounded edge was better.

the corepadz had minimal left over the ridge for the set area on the mouse even though they were made for ul sunset. if you pushed down they would drag more on the mousepad due to the poor clearance. they didnt glide as smooth as the HG either and they felt noticeably slower. I kept the corepadz on there just because of the perfect cut and because i had thrown out the hyperglides to try the corepadz and id have to order more again. it wasnt until i tried the xm1 and glorious d that i realized what absolute trash the corepadz were and that I should have changed them much sooner.

I would not order corepadz again.

If you have a different experience, thats nice, you can order from them.
I'd say that anything made by finalmouse is absolute garbage and to distrust from anybody that would spend their money on a scam company like that
So let me get this straight: your idea of better is thicker?
What about the glorious d, you're saying you tried corepads for the model d and they're too thin? Or was if just the ones for the finalmeme that shouldn't even be touched in the first place?
The model d skates are listed at 0.85mm on the corepad site, I find it hard to believe that the original ones are thicker. If you have the model d corepads, can you measure them with a caliper?
Btw you do realize that thicker feet put the sensor out of spec and lower the cpi right?
Anyway hyperglide is a failing company, due to their designs (or lack there of) if you haven't noticed.

I can see how corepad might have botched the thickness on the finalmoose garbage since that company has no clue on what it's doing and likely has no or wrong data on the actual thickness of the feet.
That shouldn't be used as a measure of corepad's quality, which for logitech mice are by far the best option.
And yeah thickness and quality are two different things..

"a bad joint can't be that bad right?" -q
the1freeMan is offline  
post #25 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-28-2020, 03:49 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
hisXLNC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 229
Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
They were both for the finalmouse. I distrust anyone who cant form an objective opinion on their own.

I tried both for the finalmouse. the hyperglides were the ms3 as there were none for the finalmouse at the time. the corepadz were specifically for the final mouse. the corepadz were cut too thin and were almost see through and not opaque from how thin they were. They barely came over the ridge for the mouse feet. Id say poor research and quality are definitely something id rate a company on. Corepadz failed. The glide was noticeably worse. The size and cut were bad. The rounded edges were worse.

I use 1600 dpi and lower sensitivity in game. Using low dpi was great in small resolution screens, and it should be a thing of the past but sadly here we are in 2020 with 4K and idiots still using 400dpi
hisXLNC is offline  
post #26 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-28-2020, 04:01 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
Klopfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 1,085
Rep: 33 (Unique: 27)
the first Corepad skatez for Finalmouse were 0.6mm like the original skatez ...
and I read a lot of scratching FM Mice ( original ) , coz the skatez were too thin ...
Corepad raised the thickness to 0.7mm ( UL ) and 0.8mm ( UL2 )
Hyperglide MS-3 are 0.8mm

Edit:
100%PTFE is Milky White , so u can see through a bit ...
btw most "stock" skatez have 0.6mm thickness ...
and Im in love with the Allrounder skatez from Corepad , good sizes , different variation and packages ... never had a mouse on which they didnt worked , also the really small circle skatez are fitting fine in the Sensorrings ...

Last edited by Klopfer; 07-28-2020 at 04:09 PM.
Klopfer is online now  
post #27 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-29-2020, 06:34 AM
Not a Linux Lobbyist
 
the1freeMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,202
Rep: 43 (Unique: 33)
Quote: Originally Posted by hisXLNC View Post
They were both for the finalmouse. I distrust anyone who cant form an objective opinion on their own.

I tried both for the finalmouse. the hyperglides were the ms3 as there were none for the finalmouse at the time. the corepadz were specifically for the final mouse. the corepadz were cut too thin and were almost see through and not opaque from how thin they were. They barely came over the ridge for the mouse feet. Id say poor research and quality are definitely something id rate a company on. Corepadz failed. The glide was noticeably worse. The size and cut were bad. The rounded edges were worse.

I use 1600 dpi and lower sensitivity in game. Using low dpi was great in small resolution screens, and it should be a thing of the past but sadly here we are in 2020 with 4K and idiots still using 400dpi
An objective opinion on your own? Which is the definition of subjective?
Regardless of that, did you even read my first comment explaining the technical reasons why a product is superior to the other, other than giving examples with my first hand experience?
What poor research? Do you have problems understanding English or is that just a clumsy attempt at being petty?
I'm talking about hands-on experience and measurements, on top of how a sensor works from a technical standpoint.
Your comment and assumptions are almost as ridiculous as finalmouse's marketing strategy.

On top of that, your opinion is exactly a failure to develop an objective conclusion from your experience.
You think a company is bad because it made feet perfectly in spec with finalmouse's wrong data, like explained in Klopfer's comment (data I presumed to be wrong in the first place as FM is a joke company).
FM's specs were wrong from the start, and what your caveman like reasoning was able to conclude was: "mouse scrapes! corepad bad!"
Really appropriate how you opened up your comment

Do yourself a favor and start listening to people that understand things better than you.

And btw who is talking about cpi now? Why? (It's cpi, we are on a mouse tech forum, please).
Do you realize that there is no direct relation between screen pixels and cpi in a 3d matrix environment like an fps or tps?
The camera moves in degrees not pixels, so there is absolutely no difference in aiming granularity between 800*600 or 4k at any given cpi.
If you're pointing at x and you move the mouse by 1 count at 1 sens you are now pointing at x+1. (actually by x+0.022 in quake/source engine but let's keep things simple)
That will always be the same spot in the game, no matter how simplified or detailed the image is on your screen.
You have direct cpi to pixel relationship in 2d environments like desktop, rts, moba and what not.
That is totally different from moving a camera.

Pretty ironic how you came out of nowhere with such a clueless statement showing how little you understand about the things you post about.
But most of all, what the hell does that have to do with the discussion? Who the hell asked you at what cpi do you game at?
Is that your confused response to me saying that higher feet lower cpi? If so I'm not even gonna try to explain to you why that is beyond ridiculous.

Btw take a look at this::
Looks like hyperglide failed yet another design and on a good mouse, not FM junk.

Anyway my compliments for exposing yourself as one of those guys that think higher resolution screens need more cpi in a 3d environment.
I could understand right away that your were totally clueless about what you were talking about.
Now you basically put up a neon sign for any newbie that might have the doubt anything you say might be relevant.
Use this forum to learn, not to post about things you don't understand.

"a bad joint can't be that bad right?" -q
the1freeMan is offline  
post #28 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-29-2020, 08:10 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
hisXLNC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 229
Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
Quote: Originally Posted by the1freeMan View Post
An objective opinion on your own? Which is the definition of subjective?
Regardless of that, did you even read my first comment explaining the technical reasons why a product is superior to the other, other than giving examples with my first hand experience?
What poor research? Do you have problems understanding English or is that just a clumsy attempt at being petty?
I'm talking about hands-on experience and measurements, on top of how a sensor works from a technical standpoint.
Your comment and assumptions are almost as ridiculous as finalmouse's marketing strategy.

On top of that, your opinion is exactly a failure to develop an objective conclusion from your experience.
You think a company is bad because it made feet perfectly in spec with finalmouse's wrong data, like explained in Klopfer's comment (data I presumed to be wrong in the first place as FM is a joke company).
FM's specs were wrong from the start, and what your caveman like reasoning was able to conclude was: "mouse scrapes! corepad bad!"
Really appropriate how you opened up your comment

Do yourself a favor and start listening to people that understand things better than you.

And btw who is talking about cpi now? Why? (It's cpi, we are on a mouse tech forum, please).
Do you realize that there is no direct relation between screen pixels and cpi in a 3d matrix environment like an fps or tps?
The camera moves in degrees not pixels, so there is absolutely no difference in aiming granularity between 800*600 or 4k at any given cpi.
If you're pointing at x and you move the mouse by 1 count at 1 sens you are now pointing at x+1. (actually by x+0.022 in quake/source engine but let's keep things simple)
That will always be the same spot in the game, no matter how simplified or detailed the image is on your screen.
You have direct cpi to pixel relationship in 2d environments like desktop, rts, moba and what not.
That is totally different from moving a camera.

Pretty ironic how you came out of nowhere with such a clueless statement showing how little you understand about the things you post about.
But most of all, what the hell does that have to do with the discussion? Who the hell asked you at what cpi do you game at?
Is that your confused response to me saying that higher feet lower cpi? If so I'm not even gonna try to explain to you why that is beyond ridiculous.

Btw take a look at this:: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-P3KXJsvcs
Looks like hyperglide failed yet another design and on a good mouse, not FM junk.

Anyway my compliments for exposing yourself as one of those guys that think higher resolution screens need more cpi in a 3d environment.
I could understand right away that your were totally clueless about what you were talking about.
Now you basically put up a neon sign for any newbie that might have the doubt anything you say might be relevant.
Use this forum to learn, not to post about things you don't understand.
1. Companies should test the products they put out and not just rely on specs. This is a common practice among companies that are not trash. I think a company is bad when they dont test products they make and just go on specs. Every non trash company actually tests their products. Im sorry this simple concept is too much for you to comprehend.

2. Without pushing down on the mouse and just moving it across the mouse pad, the hyperglides moved smoother. I am not talking about the mouse cursor on the screen so the sensor does not even matter here, I am talking about the glide of the mouse on the surface. They both had sufficient clearance to not effect the glide unless using force.

3. I dont care about hyperglides or corepadz. I have no loyalty to either. You seem to be some sort of corepadz fanboy. Relax. I could care less if hyperglides has a defective product or corepadz does. I gave my experience with the two and based on my experience, If I were going to choose for myself in the future, i would pick hyperglides. However, I never will have to choose because providing good mouse feet is the norm for any mouse worth getting these days, as is a good paracord like cable.

Corepadz is not going to make you ceo of the company for fanboying their products and it doesnt take some sort of technical expertise to test mouse feet.

Where did I say in a game that there is a difference in cpi? Nice strawman. I said that people using low sensitivities in 2020 are quite dumb because on the desktop with higher resolution screens, the mouse will move slow unless you decide to up the sensitivity in windows or whatever you choose to do. Back in the days of lower resolutions using a low dpi made sense. Now it does not.

I like how you make up an argument that I never made due to your own failure of reading and then you want to lecture me on english.

4. I dont care what some nobody on youtube says about mouse skates.

5. You can call the finalmouse junk as much as you want but the fact of the matter is that finalmouse helped change the industry for the better and made companies compete by providing lower weight on their mice, paracords, and better mouse feet. Details companies did not care about before the popularity of finalmouse.

6. I wont be replying to you because you sound like some fanboy kid and this will be a waste of time.

7. When I find someone who understands things better than me, I will listen to them. Thankfully that person is not you and will never be.

Last edited by hisXLNC; 07-29-2020 at 08:15 PM.
hisXLNC is offline  
post #29 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-30-2020, 06:01 AM
Not a Linux Lobbyist
 
the1freeMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,202
Rep: 43 (Unique: 33)
Quote: Originally Posted by hisXLNC View Post
1. Companies should test the products they put out and not just rely on specs. This is a common practice among companies that are not trash. I think a company is bad when they dont test products they make and just go on specs. Every non trash company actually tests their products. Im sorry this simple concept is too much for you to comprehend.

2. Without pushing down on the mouse and just moving it across the mouse pad, the hyperglides moved smoother. I am not talking about the mouse cursor on the screen so the sensor does not even matter here, I am talking about the glide of the mouse on the surface. They both had sufficient clearance to not effect the glide unless using force.

3. I dont care about hyperglides or corepadz. I have no loyalty to either. You seem to be some sort of corepadz fanboy. Relax. I could care less if hyperglides has a defective product or corepadz does. I gave my experience with the two and based on my experience, If I were going to choose for myself in the future, i would pick hyperglides. However, I never will have to choose because providing good mouse feet is the norm for any mouse worth getting these days, as is a good paracord like cable.

Corepadz is not going to make you ceo of the company for fanboying their products and it doesnt take some sort of technical expertise to test mouse feet.

Where did I say in a game that there is a difference in cpi? Nice strawman. I said that people using low sensitivities in 2020 are quite dumb because on the desktop with higher resolution screens, the mouse will move slow unless you decide to up the sensitivity in windows or whatever you choose to do. Back in the days of lower resolutions using a low dpi made sense. Now it does not.

I like how you make up an argument that I never made due to your own failure of reading and then you want to lecture me on english.

4. I dont care what some nobody on youtube says about mouse skates.

5. You can call the finalmouse junk as much as you want but the fact of the matter is that finalmouse helped change the industry for the better and made companies compete by providing lower weight on their mice, paracords, and better mouse feet. Details companies did not care about before the popularity of finalmouse.

6. I wont be replying to you because you sound like some fanboy kid and this will be a waste of time.

7. When I find someone who understands things better than me, I will listen to them. Thankfully that person is not you and will never be.
Do you realize that people can use different cpi on the desktop from in game right..?
How delusional do you have to be to call people idiots for using 400 cpi in game? That's just mind numbing.

Finalmouse is a joke company that came here on the forums lying about firmware and tech aspects for their mice claiming better cursor response while actually being the first brand discovered to have mcu smoothing
That was there because of the use of an mcu with generic settings in the firmware, not being set up correctly for mouse operation. That is just one of the many laughably unprofessional mistakes done in their firmware throughout many mice.
They sell 20$ oem mice for 90+ and market mice without stock intentionally to raise the prices, following limited edition clothing drop sales model for pc hardware that gullible kids idiotically fall for.
If some one is a fanboy kid, that's you.

Testing something like that is just nonsense from a business perspective and as you can see hyperglide doesn't do it either.
By your logic, you are not by any means more credible than a youtuber testing HG first hand and noticing that they scrape.
Yet I have no reason to not believe that wasn't the case with FM feet as we actually got info on the matter by klopfer and I don't need be defensive about mistakes like you are.

I'm talking about objective data like measurements and design choices, informing people on how to spend their money in a smart manner and not waste time,
but you seem to not be able to understand this and reduce everything to an incredibly nearsighted point of view.
But yeah for you people that game at 400cpi are stupid so I don't really think there is much hope you can intelligently talk about anything.

"a bad joint can't be that bad right?" -q
the1freeMan is offline  
post #30 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-30-2020, 08:02 AM
mfw
 
ToTheSun!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Terra
Posts: 8,456
Rep: 521 (Unique: 240)
I bought a Model O- recently (2 weeks ago), and I can tell you these are much improved over their first iterations. I've been buying aftermarket skates for all of my mice since... well, ever. But with the quality Glorious achieved, I will never have to again. These things FLY. You can sit there all day listening to 10 different "feels" youtubers telling me what's good, but it's pointless.

And now that Glorious are selling their OWN ceramic mouse feet, it's even more insane to be buying overhyped, underengineered crap from some of the other companies.

I actually tried to buy feet from Lexip at one point, but I was having issues with having them sent to Portugal, and they wouldn't even respond to my emails. Good thing Good Guy Glorious is there for me.

CPU
Intel 6700K
Motherboard
Asus Z170i Pro Gaming
GPU
Gigabyte 2070 Super Windforce OC
RAM
G.skill Trident Z 3200CL14 8+8
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
Hard Drive
Crucial M4 256GB
Power Supply
Corsair SF600
Cooling
Noctua NH C14S
Case
Fractal Design Core 500
Operating System
Windows 10 Education
Monitor
ViewSonic XG2703-GS
Keyboard
Vortex Race 3 RGB
Mouse
Glorious Model O- Glossy
Mousepad
SteelSeries QcK+
Audio
Fiio E17K v1.0 + Beyerdynamic DT 1990 PRO (Dekoni pads)
▲ hide details ▲

Last edited by ToTheSun!; 07-30-2020 at 08:07 AM.
ToTheSun! is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off