Corepad Vs. Hyperglides - Page 4 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Corepad Vs. Hyperglides

Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #31 of 44 (permalink) Old 07-30-2020, 08:05 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
Klopfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 1,092
Rep: 34 (Unique: 28)
Yes, some mice have good stock skatez...
Klopfer is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 44 (permalink) Old 07-30-2020, 09:55 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
hisXLNC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 229
Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
Quote: Originally Posted by the1freeMan View Post
Do you realize that people can use different cpi on the desktop from in game right..?
How delusional do you have to be to call people idiots for using 400 cpi in game? That's just mind numbing.

Finalmouse is a joke company that came here on the forums lying about firmware and tech aspects for their mice claiming better cursor response while actually being the first brand discovered to have mcu smoothing
That was there because of the use of an mcu with generic settings in the firmware, not being set up correctly for mouse operation. That is just one of the many laughably unprofessional mistakes done in their firmware throughout many mice.
They sell 20$ oem mice for 90+ and market mice without stock intentionally to raise the prices, following limited edition clothing drop sales model for pc hardware that gullible kids idiotically fall for.
If some one is a fanboy kid, that's you.

Testing something like that is just nonsense from a business perspective and as you can see hyperglide doesn't do it either.
By your logic, you are not by any means more credible than a youtuber testing HG first hand and noticing that they scrape.
Yet I have no reason to not believe that wasn't the case with FM feet as we actually got info on the matter by klopfer and I don't need be defensive about mistakes like you are.

I'm talking about objective data like measurements and design choices, informing people on how to spend their money in a smart manner and not waste time,
but you seem to not be able to understand this and reduce everything to an incredibly nearsighted point of view.
But yeah for you people that game at 400cpi are stupid so I don't really think there is much hope you can intelligently talk about anything.
where did i claim my opinion was gospel? where did i claim my opinion is more credible than that youtuber? its like you struggle to read or something. I said my opinion based on my personal experience. I dont care if you want to buy 50 corepadz or 50 hyperglides, or some other brand or if your personal experience differs than mine. I will still not buy corepadz no matter how much you fanboy them.

The youtuber you posted literally says "to me it feels" every 2 minutes and you linked him. Yet when i say to me it feels, you cry about it.

You seem to think everybody cares about this sort of thing. The finalmouse was lighter than most if not all other mice when it first came out. I used it for csgo and fps games and it being light was good enough. I was global elite before the finalmouse, and i was global elite after it. You probably blame your peripherals for your lack of skill or something. "No it wasnt me, it was my mouse feet being .001mm thicker." you sound like that kind of nerd.

Why do you need to switch dpi outside and in game? just use one of the many converters out there so you dont have to change your dpi. But its probably your mouse being 1600 dpi instead of 400 that made you miss that headshot nerd. Its best to have the same sensitivity everywhere because of something called muscle memory which is more important than your dpi and if the sensor has some smoothing.
hisXLNC is offline  
post #33 of 44 (permalink) Old 07-31-2020, 10:01 AM
vf-
New to Overclock.net
 
vf-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 538
Rep: 5 (Unique: 5)
Quote: Originally Posted by hisXLNC View Post
They were both for the finalmouse. I distrust anyone who cant form an objective opinion on their own.

I tried both for the finalmouse. the hyperglides were the ms3 as there were none for the finalmouse at the time. the corepadz were specifically for the final mouse. the corepadz were cut too thin and were almost see through and not opaque from how thin they were. They barely came over the ridge for the mouse feet. Id say poor research and quality are definitely something id rate a company on. Corepadz failed. The glide was noticeably worse. The size and cut were bad. The rounded edges were worse.

I use 1600 dpi and lower sensitivity in game. Using low dpi was great in small resolution screens, and it should be a thing of the past but sadly here we are in 2020 with 4K and idiots still using 400dpi
Wait... what? Any serious gamer wouldn't be playing on a 4k screen. I'm not talking of the tournament players.

When I read that I saw someone has been suckered by the marketing mumbo jumbo.
vf- is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #34 of 44 (permalink) Old 07-31-2020, 07:21 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
Staticks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 104
Rep: 0
Glorious mice are the only stock feet that I've found decent enough not to replace (even though they don't look 100%-pure PTFE to me, since they're not translucent). Everything else, I've swapped for Corepads/Tiger Arcs.
Staticks is offline  
post #35 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-01-2020, 02:10 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
hisXLNC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 229
Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
Quote: Originally Posted by vf- View Post
Wait... what? Any serious gamer wouldn't be playing on a 4k screen. I'm not talking of the tournament players.

When I read that I saw someone has been suckered by the marketing mumbo jumbo.
im playing at 1440p at 144hz and my next upgrade will be an lg oled 48 inch 4k gysnc and ampere or whatever is out at the time i decide to upgrade. why would i put up with paying 2 times the price of a 4k oled 120hz hdr tv, which I can always decrease the resolution on, to play on some washed out crap screen with crappy colors, crappy or no hdr, crappy motion clarity, crappy resolution?

i use 1600 dpi because it feels good on desktop and i can adjust sensitivity in game.

Only one being fooled by the marketing mumbo jumbo is the losers still playing at 1080p with 30000000000000000 hz at home because they think it will make them better players. Its not the screen, its you.

Last edited by hisXLNC; 08-01-2020 at 02:25 PM.
hisXLNC is offline  
post #36 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-01-2020, 03:45 PM
vf-
New to Overclock.net
 
vf-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 538
Rep: 5 (Unique: 5)
You sound very salty dude.
vf- is offline  
post #37 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-02-2020, 12:13 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
Staticks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 104
Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by hisXLNC View Post
im playing at 1440p at 144hz and my next upgrade will be an lg oled 48 inch 4k gysnc and ampere or whatever is out at the time i decide to upgrade. why would i put up with paying 2 times the price of a 4k oled 120hz hdr tv, which I can always decrease the resolution on, to play on some washed out crap screen with crappy colors, crappy or no hdr, crappy motion clarity, crappy resolution?

i use 1600 dpi because it feels good on desktop and i can adjust sensitivity in game.

Only one being fooled by the marketing mumbo jumbo is the losers still playing at 1080p with 30000000000000000 hz at home because they think it will make them better players. Its not the screen, its you.
The reason people still purchase 1080p displays, is because they prefer to run at the higher framerates that a lower resolution allows, whilst also avoiding the upscaling blur and image quality impact in which using a non-native resolution may result.

As far as DPI, there are merits to using 1600 DPI on your mouse, such as greater precision, but some mice sensors (3310 for example) introduce smoothing at that DPI. I'm pretty sure the 3360 and 3389 don't have smoothing at 1600 DPI, though.

Last edited by Staticks; 08-02-2020 at 12:17 AM.
Staticks is offline  
post #38 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-02-2020, 02:34 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
hisXLNC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 229
Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
Quote: Originally Posted by Staticks View Post
The reason people still purchase 1080p displays, is because they prefer to run at the higher framerates that a lower resolution allows, whilst also avoiding the upscaling blur and image quality impact in which using a non-native resolution may result.

As far as DPI, there are merits to using 1600 DPI on your mouse, such as greater precision, but some mice sensors (3310 for example) introduce smoothing at that DPI. I'm pretty sure the 3360 and 3389 don't have smoothing at 1600 DPI, though.

if your only object is to play csgo competitively, it might make sense to hinder your entire gaming experience by buying a high refresh rate 1080p monitor. In 99% of cases it isnt worth it, and the benefit youre going to get from it then for example 1440p at 240hz are marginal at best.
hisXLNC is offline  
post #39 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-04-2020, 01:03 PM
Not a Linux Lobbyist
 
the1freeMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,206
Rep: 43 (Unique: 33)
Quote: Originally Posted by hisXLNC View Post
where did i claim my opinion was gospel? where did i claim my opinion is more credible than that youtuber? its like you struggle to read or something. I said my opinion based on my personal experience. I dont care if you want to buy 50 corepadz or 50 hyperglides, or some other brand or if your personal experience differs than mine. I will still not buy corepadz no matter how much you fanboy them.

The youtuber you posted literally says "to me it feels" every 2 minutes and you linked him. Yet when i say to me it feels, you cry about it.

You seem to think everybody cares about this sort of thing. The finalmouse was lighter than most if not all other mice when it first came out. I used it for csgo and fps games and it being light was good enough. I was global elite before the finalmouse, and i was global elite after it. You probably blame your peripherals for your lack of skill or something. "No it wasnt me, it was my mouse feet being .001mm thicker." you sound like that kind of nerd.

Why do you need to switch dpi outside and in game? just use one of the many converters out there so you dont have to change your dpi. But its probably your mouse being 1600 dpi instead of 400 that made you miss that headshot nerd. Its best to have the same sensitivity everywhere because of something called muscle memory which is more important than your dpi and if the sensor has some smoothing.
Are you crazy? Or just totally incapable of understanding very simple logic? There is so much wrong with that post I don't even know where to start.

The sensitivity converter in relation to desktop cpi is just the most ridiculous part, along with not understanding that 0.3mm will lower your cpi by about 100 at 1600, or possibly more.
Dpi is a marketing term for people who can't understand technology.. appropriate ain't in?
Nobody is crying here except you. I said your conclusions are idiotic, not that the feet weren't too thin.
And yeah.. I don't use 400cpi just in case you were wondering (and you are not using 1600, but more ~1500, if FM is in spec, which is probably not anyway)

Explaining how technology works is not being a fanboy (lol). Spending money on something blatantly anti-consumer like FM and refusing to accept how things work from a technological standpoint, on the other hand is.
On top of that, your assumptions and demented snarky tone make you look like a 16 year old with personality issues.
With that I'm done trying to explain mouse tech to a person with the comprehension capability of a pigeon.
Btw no one wanted YOU to buy corepads, just posting info for people that don't have your problems.

"a bad joint can't be that bad right?" -q
the1freeMan is offline  
post #40 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-04-2020, 08:29 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
hisXLNC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 229
Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
Quote: Originally Posted by the1freeMan View Post
Are you crazy? Or just totally incapable of understanding very simple logic? There is so much wrong with that post I don't even know where to start.

The sensitivity converter in relation to desktop cpi is just the most ridiculous part, along with not understanding that 0.3mm will lower your cpi by about 100 at 1600, or possibly more.
Dpi is a marketing term for people who can't understand technology.. appropriate ain't in?
Nobody is crying here except you. I said your conclusions are idiotic, not that the feet weren't too thin.
And yeah.. I don't use 400cpi just in case you were wondering (and you are not using 1600, but more ~1500, if FM is in spec, which is probably not anyway)

Explaining how technology works is not being a fanboy (lol). Spending money on something blatantly anti-consumer like FM and refusing to accept how things work from a technological standpoint, on the other hand is.
On top of that, your assumptions and demented snarky tone make you look like a 16 year old with personality issues.
With that I'm done trying to explain mouse tech to a person with the comprehension capability of a pigeon.
Btw no one wanted YOU to buy corepads, just posting info for people that don't have your problems.
who said anything about converting desktop sensitivity? nice strawman. im actually starting to believe you have reading comprehension issues or you just like to pretend to be this ignorant.

Im not using the finalmouse anymore. I went to an XM1 but found it too small and im now using a Model D. I dont care if its dpi/cpi or whatever term you want to use if the point comes across using CPI or DPI doesnt magically change what it does when you adjust it. All you do is strawman and then commit more logical fallacies.

Who asked you to explain mouse tech? What mouse tech do you think you explained? DPI/CPI? Do you have some sort of delusion of your own grandeur or something?

My conclusions are my own. Corepadz could have tested their product before putting it out, a common practice by companies who care and stand by their products. Making excuses like "nobody does it" and thats the "industry standard" and "everyone does it" are completely idiotic. Theyre not even arguments, just your pathetic attempt to try to rationalize as you put it "anti-consumer" practices. I like how you cry about finalmouse, then hypocritically say that its alright for companies to not test their product and put out defective products that wont function correctly. Corepadz could have easily tested the product, made adjustments and made the end result better. They didnt. Why would I as a consumer who does not care about the brand name, use a product of a company who clearly did absolutely no testing and put out a product that gave a sub par experience just because "thats the spec." That does nothing for me as a consumer. Companies shouldnt due the minimal acceptable job to put out a product.

If you were around then, it was one of their first mice which they provided "rounded" edges for and they were subpar. Klopfer was actually the one that mentioned the corepadz back then iirc. Hyperglides had better rounded edges that didnt scratch the mousepad. Two things they could have tested and obviously didnt. You can get as apologetic as you want and make as much excuses and strawman and ad hominem and whatever else you want. It wont change the facts.

Go watch some more youtube videos because youre too inept to form your own opinion and you need to parrot what everyone says. teehee finalmeme, teehee cpi not dpi or whatever other idiotic things you think are some sort of smart argument kid.

Last edited by hisXLNC; 08-04-2020 at 08:34 PM.
hisXLNC is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off