Corepad Vs. Hyperglides - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Corepad Vs. Hyperglides

post #1 of 44 (permalink) Old 07-31-2011, 02:40 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 15 (Unique: 12)
I'm going to buy a DA Black Edition soon and was wondering which mouse skates I should use with it. I've already ruled out buying Puretrak skates since they don't have rounded edges and the official Razer Replacement skates are way too small. So which of the two are best? I know hyperglide are more popular so I might just go with those.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 44 (permalink) Old 07-31-2011, 02:58 PM
VROOM VROOM

Rep: 380 (Unique: 328)
I am pretty sure the Hyperglides are extremely popular for replacement slides, most people actually don't "replace" the old feet, they just put the new ones right on top of the old ones to add a little height to the mouse.
post #3 of 44 (permalink) Old 07-31-2011, 03:27 PM
Cek
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 12 (Unique: 10)
hyperglides

LAWL
Quaker, Razer hater and CRTs' lover

Headphones:steelseries siberia v2
Mice:ime 3.0, DA 3.5g, Puretrak valor[preordered]
Mousepads:puretrak talent, destructor[destructed], QCK+
Keyboard:logitech ultraflat, G15
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 44 (permalink) Old 07-31-2011, 03:28 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 64 (Unique: 58)
My hyperglides are nice and thick, but the cheap ones on eBay look good too. I have some on order. Avoid Steelseries glide. They're so thin they don't rise above the plastic barrier on my mx518.

post #5 of 44 (permalink) Old 07-31-2011, 06:16 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 46 (Unique: 35)
I like the smoothness of the hyperglides alot more than the Corepad, Corepad also comes non-rounded and hyperglides come rounded out of the box.
IMO Hyperglide is the most worth company to consider, if the new glides but PureTrak was rounded - I gussess I would recommended it too.
post #6 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-01-2011, 02:07 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrasherht;14416659 
I am pretty sure the Hyperglides are extremely popular for replacement slides, most people actually don't "replace" the old feet, they just put the new ones right on top of the old ones to add a little height to the mouse.

Yeah put them on top of the thin stock ones. I took mine off, made a mess trying to get rid of the glue with rubbing alcohol (razer uses a ton of glue), and then ended up stacking the hyperglides anyway as with only 1 set of hyperglides, while much thicker than the stock ones and thick enough for non razor mice, was still causing the bottom of the mouse to scrape the mousepad due to the indentations being quite deep.
post #7 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-01-2011, 09:14 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 12 (Unique: 10)
I think the only mousefeet I've purchased that have been thick enough to use on their own were the Puretrak Perfectglides (not the HD ones). The SS Glides definitely are made to be placed over the existing feet. I've never bought Hyperglides, but heard awesome things.

The Perfectglides are actually great on my 3.0, I may try the Perfectglide HD and see if I can't get those mousefeet rounded off. I can say the regular ones work great on my Talent and Stealth. Not so much on my Zowie Swift, SS 5L or my desk. With the Zowie in particular, it just creates a lot more resistance than the stock MS feet did, which is bad since the stock MS feet are IMO awful. Not a huge deal for me since I use my Talent for 95% of things, and until they make a hard pad of a comparable size it's probably going to stay that way (I play 52 inches/360)

post #8 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-01-2011, 10:11 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 42 (Unique: 32)
The Hyperglides are nicer, because the rounded edges help to make them glide smoothly from the very first usage. The Corepads are ok, but the sharp edges require some "break-in" use, before they glide consistently smoothly, especially on soft/cloth mousepads, but they're fine after break-in. Corepad DOES have a longer list of replacement glides for various different mice, including some which others (apparently) don't offer (yet). Corepad, AFAIK, are the only ones offering replacement feet for the Naos and the Spawn, for example. Unless you want to take a chance on some eBay vendor. Availability is another aspect, it seems Hyperglides are harder to find in stock. I did have one strange experience with Corepad; along with my own order for Naos feet, I ordered some Razer Diamondback/Copperhead feet for a buddy. The feet turned out to be way too small, and didn't fit the mouse well, even though the general contour shape was similar. I suspect they may have been made for an Asian-market-only version Razer Diamondback or Copperhead, if there was/is such a thing, or else the packaging was mislabeled (maybe actually for Salmosa?).

post #9 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-08-2011, 07:59 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Apologies for resurrecting an old thread, but does anyone know where to buy Hyperglides in the UK? Amazon says unavailable, most other online stores I've found seem to either be broken or not list hyperglides at all. Blargh!

Thanks!
post #10 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-10-2011, 06:09 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 15 (Unique: 12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffstah View Post

Apologies for resurrecting an old thread, but does anyone know where to buy Hyperglides in the UK? Amazon says unavailable, most other online stores I've found seem to either be broken or not list hyperglides at all. Blargh!
Thanks!

Try out these guys http://www.frozencpu.com/

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in