[Official] The Mouse Suggestion Thread - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Official] The Mouse Suggestion Thread

post #11 of 6406 (permalink) Old 10-12-2011, 10:53 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 25 (Unique: 20)
Saberfang and loveknight, great posts. You both provided a ton of information that'll help us find what mouse you want. Please dont be afraid to ask followup questions.

Saberfang, I wish I could help you but aside from the Kinzuadder I have no experience with fingertip or claw grip mice. To clarify things, what would be the 1-2 most important features you look for in the mouse?

Loveknight, that's unfortunate you had a bad experience with the MX518. From your description it looks like you had a faulty cable which manifests itself by the mouse randomly turning on and off.

Both mice you have your eye on, the G500 and the Sensei use the Avago Avago 9500 sensor which has unpredictable positive acceleration around 5%.

This unpredictable acceleration ususally doesn't cause a problem for RTS players. However since you play CSS this will affect your aiming. Also, the Avago 9500 sensor does NOT track well on dirty cloth pads so both the G500 and Sensei will be out of the question if you use a cloth pad and don't keep it meticulously clean.

Based on your requirements I would go for the Logitech G400 or the Deathadder Black Edition. With regards to deathadders I would only get the black edition as you stated you don't want a mouse with glossy sides.

Which one works best will depend on your mouse preferences. Here's a quick synopsis of the differences:

The G400 is a better mouse if you like prediction. The G400 is also a better mouse if you need on-the-fly DPI changes. The lift-off distance is lower.

The deathadder black edition is a better mouse if you don't prefer prediction. The deathadder also has a 1-2 second lag for on-the-fly dpi changes and the button is placed below the mouse. The deathadder also has a stronger scroll wheel but lacks horizontal scrolling.

IMO comfortability is a huge factor in a mouse. If you can try holding each mouse in your hand and seeing which one fits you best. I used the MX518/G400 for 5 years and actually switched to the deathadder solely because it fit my hand better as I grew.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 6406 (permalink) Old 10-12-2011, 02:06 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Hay everyone, This one is for the R.A.T. 7 (although other mice may be tried)... Sometimes in games like Battlefield I'll on accident hit 'mouse 1' and discharge my weapon, causing undesirable results!!! So, I found that If one was to place a Guitar pic over 'mouse 1'. It sits perfectly and resistance is made by the ends of the pic resting on the 'Mode' key lip and Mouse 3, I now have a "safety" for my mouse button! Depending on what gauge the pic is, it comfortably requires just a tad bit more to click!

post #13 of 6406 (permalink) Old 10-12-2011, 02:17 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 6 (Unique: 5)
I had a logitech performance mx and then bought another logitech g500 for gaming.

I have a relatively small hand so my experience might be different from many other guys.

The only problem I have hand with mx is the weight. it's wireless so needs a aa battery, which is pretty heavy. It's big, too, but that's not a big issue.

When I shifted to g500, it's good in resolution, I think it's 3000dpi or so. I don't like the grip, it's no big deal as before. The adjustable weight system is pretty good though I always keep it as light as possible.

The big problem is the left click key on g500 gives crazy sound, from the first day. It's pretty annoying high pitch sound. I guess I will request rma in a while.

On the other hand, you can adjust lots of params with the given software of g500, which is pretty cool.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 6406 (permalink) Old 10-12-2011, 11:08 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 4 (Unique: 4)
to F u r u y á, the DeathAdder my friend said that it usually has double-click issue after few months of using. G400 has the same shape and the cable as MX518 and just looks like hella said that "faulty cable which manifests itself by the mouse randomly turning on and off" so this issue maybe occur in the future too because the cable of MX518 is not good. Furthermore, I really do not like the mouse wheel of the MX518 and G400 because it so easily gets dirty and hard to clean it. It is very hard to clean MX518 when it get dirty. I used to use oil, fuel or even soap to clean MX518 but not good. The dust around it was dirty >.<.

Spawn may be not available in the shops around my house so this mouse I am afraid I have to skip it.

to hella, I am having a SteelSeries 4HD and Razer Mantis Control. The Imperator tracks not so badly on Razer Mantis Control (not perfect but acceptable, about 70-80% accuracy) but not on the 4HD (below 50% I think). Imperator keeps skipping mouse cursor or sometimes it stop at a second when I mouse the mouse slowly on both mousepad but more on 4HD and believe me this is really annoying.

I think about buying a SteelSeries Sensei or G500 because on Youtube I found out a guy who has a Xai and Sensei with 4HD. As he said he uses them without any problem. That is why I hope Sensei and 4HD will work well together. Someone said that Avago Avago 9500 works well on hard-plastic mousepad and could decrease the mouse acceleration below 5% (I have not proven this rumor yet).

Anyway, thank you guys! I will save my budget to buy DeathAdder Black Edition, G500 or Sensei.
post #15 of 6406 (permalink) Old 10-13-2011, 12:42 AM
New to Overclock.net

Your friend is incorrect on the double clicking issue. Both the deathadder, MX518, G400, and G500 use the same Omron switches. Therefore all these mice are likely to experience the double clicking issue.

If the imperator (which I'm assuming is the 3.5G version) had trouble on your mousepads I would be weary with the deathadder.

Sounds like you know what you want. A little research can help you find exactly what you need. Best of luck buddy!

post #16 of 6406 (permalink) Old 10-13-2011, 12:48 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 735 (Unique: 515)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hella;15288640 
If the imperator (which I'm assuming is the 3.5G version) had trouble on your mousepads I would be weary with the deathadder.

"If the phillips twin eye laser sensor had trouble on your mousepads I would be weary with the S3888 optical sensor?"

Why do you say that?

post #17 of 6406 (permalink) Old 10-13-2011, 01:22 AM
New to Overclock.net

Good catch derp, I assumed the Imperator 3.5G used the Avago 3888 sensor. This couldn't be farther from the truth.

LoveKnight, don't make the same mistake I did; the Imperator 3.5G uses a different sensor than the Deathadder 3.5G / Black Edition. Based on my own (albeit brief) experiences with the DA 3.5G I haven't noticed any problems on cloth. Additionally I haven't read reports of it either.

The deathadder should be fine for your tracking needs. It, along with the MX518/G400 are my favorite mice.

post #18 of 6406 (permalink) Old 10-13-2011, 10:04 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Zowie mice I love them (perfect tracking), currently using a ec2 ec1 was too big gave the ec1 to my friend he is a palmer and I am claw. I loved my old intellimouse and have owned lazer mice and they stink. I just wish I could go down to 400dpi on the Zowie instead of the 500, but it is
in my opinion the best mouse I have used in a long time. Have logged many of hours of quakelive on this mouse already. Seeing as many get the deathadder, Only deathadder I would recommend would be the 3g not the 3.5g
post #19 of 6406 (permalink) Old 10-13-2011, 03:00 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 42 (Unique: 35)
Quote:
Originally Posted by terr0rt0telc0;15293168 
Zowie mice I love them (perfect tracking), currently using a ec2 ec1 was too big gave the ec1 to my friend he is a palmer and I am claw. I loved my old intellimouse and have owned lazer mice and they stink. I just wish I could go down to 400dpi on the Zowie instead of the 500, but it is
in my opinion the best mouse I have used in a long time. Have logged many of hours of quakelive on this mouse already. Seeing as many get the deathadder, Only deathadder I would recommend would be the 3g not the 3.5g

However it's worth noticing that Zowie mice (EC1, EC2, MiCO) has a bad tracking with high dpi.

That's why I didn't recommend it since the last two questions mentioned high sensitivity.

With Spawn it's the other way around: bad tracking with low dpi.
post #20 of 6406 (permalink) Old 10-14-2011, 02:42 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by F u r u y á;15276725 
My suggestions:

@Saberfang
  • Spawn

I read the review linked by Hella of the Spawn and it seems to be a great mouse still there is something I want to know.

First I never bought anything from CM storm so I want to know how good their customers service is? Have you seen any rma regarding the Spawn?

The mouse wheel does look cheap. The review doesn't say anything about it so I guess it works ok but I want to hear more if someone tried it. By looking at all the reply in the review it seems to be great^^

About the low dpi sensor bad tracking some people say they have no issue with that. Have CM storm released a new version of the Spawn to fix the problem or made a new firmware? If yes, there is a way to tell which is the new version by looking at the box?

I know these are a lot of questions but I'm getting really interested in this mouse biggrin.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in