Kinzu v2, Kinzu v2 Pro and Kana - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Kinzu v2, Kinzu v2 Pro and Kana

Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 1402 (permalink) Old 12-12-2011, 05:31 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
 
kimrom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 37
Rep: 12
Hi everyone. I started reading this forum a while back, and a few of you have been really nice in providing suggestions, feedback and testing - thus I feel it's appropriate to give a heads up here first. This week we will soft launch a couple of new mice, initially in Asia (I am writing this from Korea). Some regions will get them sooner than others, depending on logistics and other factors, some maybe even as early as next week. In early January we will turn everything on and they should be available globally.

The new mice being released are;

Kinzu v2
Kinzu v2 Pro
Kana

All the mice are optical. Ambidextrous. Several color spins will be released of all versions.

The Kinzu v2 Pro is pretty much based on requests/demands/complaints/feedback from you guys. It features teflon feet and Omron switches. We listen.

Kana uses the same formfactor as Kinzu, but it is 4% bigger overall. That puts it (literally) right in the middle between Kinzu/Sensei in terms of size, for those of you familiar with those shapes. We have upgraded the feet and switches in Kana, also based on feedback from this forum.

I sent units for testing to Bullveyr, Skylit, Derp and Furuya. Received amazing feedback. Like really amazing. We normally focus our testing on competitive gamers, but I was very impressed with the detailed feedback we got from the 4 gentlemen mentioned above. We even found and corrected bugs that might have slipped thru the "pro's". My deepest thanks to those of the 4 who had time to help test, this is something I would for sure like to do again - both for new products but also for new firmware/software releases.

I don't really visit this forum to sell, but I promised you guys to get feedback from people who are both knowledgeable and trusted.. And that now falls on the 4 gentlemen. smile.gif As of December 14th they are free to answer any questions, that was the deal I made with them back then.

I will try to check in as well to answer questions.


Cheers - and thanks for all the great feedback and suggestions.
kimrom is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 1402 (permalink) Old 12-12-2011, 05:51 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
v4mp1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 157
Rep: 6
Which colors are available forthe Kinzu v2 and Kinzu v2 pro ?
v4mp1 is offline  
post #3 of 1402 (permalink) Old 12-12-2011, 05:53 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
scandalous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 75
Rep: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimrom View Post

Hi everyone. I started reading this forum a while back, and a few of you have been really nice in providing suggestions, feedback and testing - thus I feel it's appropriate to give a heads up here first. This week we will soft launch a couple of new mice, initially in Asia (I am writing this from Korea). Some regions will get them sooner than others, depending on logistics and other factors, some maybe even as early as next week. In early January we will turn everything on and they should be available globally.
The new mice being released are;
Kinzu v2
Kinzu v2 Pro
Kana
All the mice are optical. Ambidextrous. Several color spins will be released of all versions.
The Kinzu v2 Pro is pretty much based on requests/demands/complaints/feedback from you guys. It features teflon feet and Omron switches. We listen.
Kana uses the same formfactor as Kinzu, but it is 4% bigger overall. That puts it (literally) right in the middle between Kinzu/Sensei in terms of size, for those of you familiar with those shapes. We have upgraded the feet and switches in Kana, also based on feedback from this forum.
I sent units for testing to Bullveyr, Skylit, Derp and Furuya. Received amazing feedback. Like really amazing. We normally focus our testing on competitive gamers, but I was very impressed with the detailed feedback we got from the 4 gentlemen mentioned above. We even found and corrected bugs that might have slipped thru the "pro's". My deepest thanks to those of the 4 who had time to help test, this is something I would for sure like to do again - both for new products but also for new firmware/software releases.
I don't really visit this forum to sell, but I promised you guys to get feedback from people who are both knowledgeable and trusted.. And that now falls on the 4 gentlemen. smile.gif As of December 14th they are free to answer any questions, that was the deal I made with them back then.
I will try to check in as well to answer questions.
Cheers - and thanks for all the great feedback and suggestions.

Finally some info. I will be checking out the kinzu v2 pro. The kinzu v1 has an amazing shape but I absolutely despise the sensor. I'm glad you you also included the omron switches and telfon feet unlike with the original kinzu. (unless you had the pro edition which wasn't available here in europe)

When you say you upgraded the swtiches in the kana, does that mean it features omron switchen too?
I have to say, the kana being in the middle of the pack seems pretty interesting. I've always had the feeling that the xai was too big for me, but the kinzu was a tad to small, even tho' I love the shape, not really bothersome tho'. The kana could be perfect for me.

Any info on the sensor(s) being used and how they perform or do we have to wait until the 14th for that?
I'm hoping on a; No jitter, no acceleration whatsoever, no prediction and high tracking speeds (pcs).

If that's the case, I'll be purchasing on the day of release.
scandalous is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 1402 (permalink) Old 12-12-2011, 06:27 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
h0lm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 22
Rep: 2
now gimme moar pics kimrom.com
h0lm is offline  
post #5 of 1402 (permalink) Old 12-12-2011, 06:34 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
jeffxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 97
Rep: 0
Sounds like the perfect size for me. I'll be ordering one for sure.
jeffxx is offline  
post #6 of 1402 (permalink) Old 12-12-2011, 06:48 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
Buckmoney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 123
Rep: 4
+1
Buckmoney is offline  
post #7 of 1402 (permalink) Old 12-12-2011, 06:59 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
Blizlake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: FIN
Posts: 2,547
Rep: 124
I don't care what the Kana looks and what its specs are, I just can't pass up a mouse that's name is chicken in finnish biggrin.gif
Blizlake is offline  
post #8 of 1402 (permalink) Old 12-12-2011, 07:54 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
Pyroh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: /r/ghettojerk
Posts: 353
Rep: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizlake View Post

I don't care what the Kana looks and what its specs are, I just can't pass up a mouse that's name is chicken in finnish biggrin.gif

lol biggrin.gif

Anyways back to the thread, I have some questions which I hope you're allowed to answer:

- Which sensors are being used in these mice assuming they're different?
- What will the prices be for all these new mice?
- What will the coating be on these mice?
- Will the Kinzu v2 have the exact same shape as the original?

Pyroh is offline  
post #9 of 1402 (permalink) Old 12-12-2011, 08:02 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
toopz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 175
Rep: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyroh View Post

lol biggrin.gif
Anyways back to the thread, I have some questions which I hope you're allowed to answer:
- Which sensors are being used in these mice assuming they're different?
- What will the prices be for all these new mice?
- What will the coating be on these mice?
- Will the Kinzu v2 have the exact same shape as the original?

Wait till 14th Dec! All 4 members who got those mice will answer your questions! smile.gif
If they have pixart sensor its no good to me. rolleyes.gif
toopz is offline  
post #10 of 1402 (permalink) Old 12-12-2011, 11:18 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
mikez0r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 173
Rep: 3
awesome news
mikez0r is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off